Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
How would Wynyard go against anyone in the TSL at the moment...?

Not sure as have never seen them play, but Gregg Sharman was finished at this level when he left Clarence and has kicked 100 goals for Wynyard, so that might tell you something.

Should be a good grand final, what sort of crowd do people expect

If they get 4k, AFLTas will say it was 6k, if they get 7k they'll say it was 8k.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope they get a good turnout despite my sarcastic tone. A good crowd is good for footy.

I recon it'll be a good crowd between two local clubs. I guess a Clarence v Lauderdale GF could have got up to 10k at Bellerive with people expecting a good old stouch. So maybe they'll get a good turnout at Aurora, despite Storm having no history & little support. I understand North Launnie arent that well liked.

I really wouldnt mind seeing it but I dont finish until late on friday this week, so I'll probably sleep in a bit. I might just go to NHO for the OS GF. DOSA v Hutchins (catholics v protestants again:p). I guess a couple at the Talbot or the 'Waggon' on the way home would be warranted too:D.

If they get 4k, AFLTas will say it was 6k, if they get 7k they'll say it was 8k.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope they get a good turnout despite my sarcastic tone. A good crowd is good for footy.

I recon it'll be a good crowd between two local clubs. I guess a Clarence v Lauderdale GF could have got up to 10k at Bellerive with people expecting a good old stouch. So maybe they'll get a good turnout at Aurora, despite Storm having no history & little support. I understand North Launnie arent that well liked.

I really wouldnt mind seeing it but I dont finish until late on friday this week, so I'll probably sleep in a bit. I might just go to NHO for the OS GF. DOSA v Hutchins (catholics v protestants again:p). I guess a couple at the Talbot or the 'Waggon' on the way home would be warranted too:D.

Im tempted to pop along, wouldnt know it was on though could advertise more

Start of the silly season

Heard that ex Carlton player Marcus Davies has signed with the Tigers for 3 years, great ns for a new club, hopefully that will encourage a lot more to follow to the twin ovals

I would have said that too. But after watching the way they played I recon on that form they would compete with City, Norchy & D'port

No doubt that a lot of there players would have the skills and talent to play at that level but would they have the commitment to do what it takes to play at that level? No way would they have the fitness to compete against Glenorchy, City and Devonport in my opinion.

Heard that ex Carlton player Marcus Davies has signed with the Tigers for 3 years, great ns for a new club, hopefully that will encourage a lot more to follow to the twin ovals

I heard from a more than reliable source that it is as good as done

Is that the "signing" that wasn't signed because they didn't want the other clubs swooping on him?

Interesting Article In today’s Mercury from Adam Smith where he talks about the future of Matthew Drury at Clarence (Interesting Roger Viney gives his personal backing but not the boards yet for Dury.) and also Darren Winter at Lauderdale who is also not committed this stage for next season.
He mentions Cameron Thurley as a ready replacement at both Clubs if Dury and Winter do not continue.
Hard to Imagine Cameron Thurley coaching Lauderdale :rolleyes: !
Yes Whowants2know Sillyseason in the South is underway

Clarence president Roger Viney backs Matthew Drury as coach for 2015 TSL season

Interesting Article In today’s Mercury from Adam Smith where he talks about the future of Matthew Drury at Clarence (Interesting Roger Viney gives his personal backing but not the boards yet for Dury.) and also Darren Winter at Lauderdale who is also not committed this stage for next season.
He mentions Cameron Thurley as a ready replacement at both Clubs if Dury and Winter do not continue.
Hard to Imagine Cameron Thurley coaching Lauderdale :rolleyes: !
Yes Whowants2know Sillyseason in the South is underway

Clarence president Roger Viney backs Matthew Drury as coach for 2015 TSL season

Darren Winter will be coaching Lauderdale again I can guarantee.

Darren Winter will be coaching Lauderdale again I can guarantee.

Has done a pretty good job with Lauderdale, have heard that Thurley is interested to coach somewhere next year, didn't the Lauderdale board have a meeting last night, thought the board might have made an announcement after that meeting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has done a pretty good job with Lauderdale, have heard that Thurley is interested to coach somewhere next year, didn't the Lauderdale board have a meeting last night, thought the board might have made an announcement after that meeting.

I reckon you will find that they have or will do very soon, wouldn't suprise me if Thurley coaches Clarence

North Launceston by heaps

I think they would have to be considered 'favorites' for the flag.
Its a game worth watching though. Its just not worth the trip for me after a long week at work & a late friday finish.. A pity that as I really would like to see it. Again, good luck to the both of them & I hope the locals attend in good numbers.

So who's your tip in the Grand Final this Saturday?
I say Storm in a boil over 3 points
Based on the 2 recent encounters between these sides you would expect North Launceston to win but Storm are in with a big chance I reckon. The recent comfortable wins by North Launceston over Storm may cause a bit of complacency to set in. If you look back to the earlier part of the season if these 2 sides were playing I would have tipped Storm every time. Grand Finals are generally tough close games and that is what I think this game will be. I really thought Storm were burnt out a couple of weeks ago but I am going to tip them to win by 2 goals or less.

Not sure as have never seen them play, but Gregg Sharman was finished at this level when he left Clarence and has kicked 100 goals for Wynyard, so that might tell you something.

You can't complain when people have a crack at ya when you write things like that. How was he finished ? Body wise or performance ?

New Norfolk would beat The Tigers but wouldn't get anywhere near any of the other teams

They'd get near Lauderdale I reckon. Would beat the bottom sides without a doubt in my opinion. Their 3 tall forwards are just about as good as any going around in Tasmania.

You can't complain when people have a crack at ya when you write things like that. How was he finished ? Body wise or performance ?

They'd get near Lauderdale I reckon. Would beat the bottom sides without a doubt in my opinion. Their 3 tall forwards are just as good as any going around in Tasmania.

Lauderdale would beat New Norfolk by 25 goals, dont care how many forwards they have it wouldn't get down there. It is a complete different level in the TSL and there is a reason why the New Norfolk players are in the SFL.

Lauderdale would beat New Norfolk by 25 goals, dont care how many forwards they have it wouldn't get down there. It is a complete different level in the TSL and there is a reason why the New Norfolk players are in the SFL.

What is the reason they are playing in the SFL ? Tell your coach to stop calling their players then.

What is the reason they are playing in the SFL ? Tell your coach to stop calling their players then.

There is a difference between having a few footballers capable at playing at TSL level than a whole team making the step up.

Agree but your call of them not getting near anyone bar Kingston is hideous. They would not have trouble competing at level with the quality they have.

Agree but your call of them not getting near anyone bar Kingston is hideous. They would not have trouble competing at level with the quality they have.

In my opinion they wouldn't, and your call of them getting near Lauderdale is just outrageous. Maybe if they trained and became more professional like a TSL club then maybe, but in there current format they would be so far behind it isn't funny.

Last edited:

I will give you a little example, Caden Wilson won the William Leitch medal for best in the whole comp, here are his previous years performances at state league level

2010 26 goals, 5 times in best players
2011 41 goals, 3 times in best players
2012 33 goals, 5 times in best players
2013 33 goals 4 times in best players
so it is fair to say he was consistently a good small forward who kicked a few goals without really starring, then he goes to the SFL and he produces
63 goals and 13 times in best players.
Now I am not having a go at Caden for one minute but he has virtually doubled his amount of goals and tripled the amount of times he gets in the best players when dropping back a level. I think it is a pretty fair indication of the difference between the two and don't forget we are talking about the best player here let alone the rest of the New Norfolk team. It is a massive step and yes the Eagles may look fantastic when they play but you have to take into consideration who they are playing against and if faced with tougher opponents how would they go then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back