Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even if clarence and any other team didn't pay anything to use it, it would be much better to see people using it all the time rather than sitting around empty, very expensive bit of real estate just for seagulls to stand on!

Yes but it does cost to use it. So the user needs to pay a 'reasonable' amount. Otherwise the TCA members & council are subsidising the footy club too much. A mates tennis club pays about $4k a year just to use its 4 courts. The members do all the work in cleaning & setting up for matches.

I was told that North Hobart use to pay over $30k to use NHO which had nothing done to it until the surface was redone for last year. Was told North Launy pay more than that but make good money out of AFL matches at Aurora. KGV costs apparently similar to NHO. Told Clarence pay about a 1/3 of that for BRO. I have no reason to doubt what I was told, but it would be interesting to see the latest figures for all the clubs.

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes but it does cost to use it. So the user needs to pay a 'reasonable' amount. Otherwise the TCA members & council are subsidising the footy club too much. A mates tennis club pays about $4k a year just to use its 4 courts. The members do all the work in cleaning & setting up for matches.

I was told that North Hobart use to pay over $30k to use NHO which had nothing done to it until the surface was redone for last year. Was told North Launy pay more than that but make good money out of AFL matches at Aurora. KGV costs apparently similar to NHO. Told Clarence pay about a 1/3 of that for BRO. I have no reason to doubt what I was told, but it would be interesting to see the latest figures for all the clubs.
It does cost money to use ovals, but there is no sense them existing if they are not used, perhaps hobart city would be better off also paying 1/3 of the rent they pay now and also play at blundstone. Leave north hobart oval for the seagulls.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Even if clarence and any other team didn't pay anything to use it, it would be much better to see people using it all the time rather than sitting around empty, very expensive bit of real estate just for seagulls to stand on!

I think what madmug is saying is that it costs money to run the facilities, power, cleaning etc. If Clarence refuse to pay a reasonable amount to use it then it is actually costing the TCA money where they should be making some sort of profit at least.

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think what madmug is saying is that it costs money to run the facilities, power, cleaning etc. If Clarence refuse to pay a reasonable amount to use it then it is actually costing the TCA money where they should be making some sort of profit at least.
I think you will find that clarence were there a little bit longer than the tca.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
It does cost money to use ovals, but there is no sense them existing if they are not used, perhaps hobart city would be better off also paying 1/3 of the rent they pay now and also play at blundstone. Leave north hobart oval for the seagulls.

So all clubs should play at BRO? Is that what u r saying?

I think you will find that clarence were there a little bit longer than the tca.

Dont be so silly. The Footy club had nothing to do with the $50 odd million spent on the ground. The TCA did all the work on that .It was cricket that brought all the development. North Launceston have been at York Park since the 1920's but they have to pay to use it. The development was for footy but not for the local footy club. The same for BRO, local sport comes a poor second place when using multi million $ facilities.

You cant expect others to subsidise the footy club that much. No one cares about them playing on it for years before the redevelopment. Its about the money now days. They should pay a fair rent to use it.

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So all clubs should play at BRO? Is that what u r saying?

Dont be so silly. The Footy club had nothing to do with the $50 odd million spent on the ground. The TCA did all the work on that .It was cricket that brought all the development. North Launceston have been at York Park since the 1920's but they have to pay to use it. The development was for footy but not for the local footy club. The same for BRO, local sport comes a poor second place when using multi million $ facilities.

You cant expect others to subsidise the footy club that much. No one cares about them playing on it for years before the redevelopment. Its about the money now days. They should pay a fair rent to use it.
All I am saying is that there is a heck of a lot of public money invested in Bellerive Oval, it is a fantastic facility that should be used much more than it is.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

I actually think you will find that apart from playing matches there Clarence had never used the facilities at Bellerive up until about 10 years ago, they had previoulsy used the Clarence hotel, RSL and Shoreline hotel as social facility.

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually think you will find that apart from playing matches there Clarence had never used the facilities at Bellerive up until about 10 years ago, they had previoulsy used the Clarence hotel, RSL and Shoreline hotel as social facility.
think that they go back a bit further than that!

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
think that they go back a bit further than that!

It was definitely the late 90s that Clarence football club leased the shoreline hotel, Scott Wade was the general manager of the club which entailed running the pub, the TCA were definitely well entrenched at Bellerive before then.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
It was definitely the late 90s that Clarence football club leased the shoreline hotel, Scott Wade was the general manager of the club which entailed running the pub, the TCA were definitely well entrenched at Bellerive before then.

Cricket moved to bellerive in 1986 !!!
Its about cost recovery guys,
I have no problem with clarence footy club ,but they do not pay their way
It has to be cleaned,mowed , pay the gate keepers,toilets power , the big light are $200
an hour and are always on in the winter the list goes on
Clarence have no property outgoings/mainteance, just spend ali their moey on pinching players from other clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruthless_honest

Debutant
Jan 28, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spud Drury will be feeling the heat I reckon, only reappointed for 2015 by the skin of his teeth.The power brokers won't appreciate a 11 goal drubbing to the arch enemy.

Agree with that he could be under a lot of pressure.

Early days but pies seem to have a very solid young list whom are buying into AC in his 2nd year the redevelopment might entice a few there also

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree with that he could be under a lot of pressure.

Early days but pies seem to have a very solid young list whom are buying into AC in his 2nd year the redevelopment might entice a few there also
Yes, great win by the magpies. A very interesting 1st round, should be a good year.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Clarence looked to have quite a few missing, Charlesworth, Drury, Williamson, De Groot, Roberts, not sure if any others? Anyone know why? Any of these long term?

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clarence looked to have quite a few missing, Charlesworth, Drury, Williamson, De Groot, Roberts, not sure if any others? Anyone know why? Any of these long term?

They need Charlesworth. They need him bad!

The other outs are mainly big & slow. they dont need any more big slow players. They lacked pace, all over the ground. Webberley worked hard & must have got 40 touches, but the rest of their mids went missing before 1/2 time. You dont need more bigs up forward if the ball aint gettin up that end!

Their development guys were slaughtered as well.

It may just have been a bad day for them. If not, they are in strife. Next week will be very interesting for them. Lauderdale could well stick a fork in them. Bit early I know but they looked 'cooked' at KGV.

I guess we will soon see if they can get out of the pot before they are stewed!

(Enough cooking analogies :p)

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
They need Charlesworth. They need him bad!

The other outs are mainly big & slow. they dont need any more big slow players. They lacked pace, all over the ground. Webberley worked hard & must have got 40 touches, but the rest of their mids went missing before 1/2 time. You dont need more bigs up forward if the ball aint gettin up that end!

Their development guys were slaughtered as well.

It may just have been a bad day for them. If not, they are in strife. Next week will be very interesting for them. Lauderdale could well stick a fork in them. Bit early I know but they looked 'cooked' at KGV.

I guess we will soon see if they can get out of the pot before they are stewed!

(Enough cooking analogies :p)

That is 3 state players, there Ruckman and Full forward so would imagine they would make quite a difference, but if it's pace you say they are lacking then these inclusions wont help that much. There defence looks there weakness on paper in my opinion.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
That is 3 state players, there Ruckman and Full forward so would imagine they would make quite a difference, but if it's pace you say they are lacking then these inclusions wont help that much. There defence looks there weakness on paper in my opinion.

I guess when you dont have the ball, you look slow.

But I was surprised how easily they got cut up, right across the park. As I said Webberley did well, saw Cox a few times, but overall they got swamped. Especially after 1/2 time

I mean the Pies had 22 more scoring shots! That's a belting. I really expected a close hard game. But Clarence looked like they must have been on the piss over the summer!

Maybe they had a barrel after training! Like in the good old days!!

Maybe everyone should, to keep it fair & even:p

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess when you dont have the ball, you look slow.

But I was surprised how easily they got cut up, right across the park. As I said Webberley did well, saw Cox a few times, but overall they got swamped. Especially after 1/2 time

I mean the Pies had 22 more scoring shots! That's a belting. I really expected a close hard game. But Clarence looked like they must have been on the piss over the summer!

Maybe they had a barrel after training! Like in the good old days!!

Maybe everyone should, to keep it fair & even:p

If they lose this week to Lauderdale the natives at Bellerive may start to turn on each other pretty quick I would imagine, two losses in a row to the arch rivals wont sit well with them.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Might be OT headlines by "the Mercury" the way I read it sounds like 12 months until Darryn Thomas can reapply for re-registration. Good thing they did not have this around in the Days of Wayne "Baldy" Fox, Dale Whish-Wilson - insert many a name {HERE}

TSL bad boy Darryn Thomas may never play again after one hit too many

JAMES BRESNEHAN
http://www.themercury.com.au/news/t...one-hit-too-many/story-fnj4f7k1-1227297236825

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might be OT headlines by "the Mercury" the way I read it sounds like 12 months until Darryn Thomas can reapply for re-registration. Good thing they did not have this around in the Days of Wayne "Baldy" Fox, Dale Whish-Wilson - insert many a name {HERE}

TSL bad boy Darryn Thomas may never play again after one hit too many
I didn't know that any player suspended under the 16 game rule could be apply to have the ban lifted. I always thought it was a life ban from football (as it should be). Its a great rule in my opinion and should have been brought in years ago. The other question is if he is allowed to play again in 12 months time does he get another 16 weeks suspension allowance before being rubbed out again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back