Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Madmug I don't think many people would disagree with your comments about Clarence recruiting ready made players. History proves that no club can go on winning flags year after year and Clarence are no exception. It was inevitable that they would slip back eventually and it will very interesting to see whether they decide to go into a rebuilding phase or just continue to recruit ready made players. Its not as if they haven't had a lot of talented juniors to bring in to senior football. Its only early in the season and they may still sneak in to the finals but already it seems like a top 3 spot is out of the question and unless we see a real upset when they play Burnie at West Park this week they will be 1-4 on Saturday night. Their next 3 games are Glenorchy (H) Western Storm (A) and then Lauderdale (A) and on current form they could lose all 3 of those games as well and if that happens its obviously season over for them.
Well said, it's a very bad start to the season for Clarence and likely to get a whole lot worse in coming weeks, that's what can happen when you have half a dozen or more of your best players injured and not playing, they'll get better when those players get out on the park eventually, meanwhile it's good for the competition to see a different looking ladder.

who are the injured players for Clarence that are not playing. I can only think of degroot who I was told wont be back this year, the coach after the break the rumours are saying. Gleeson left but apparently has come back but might not play due to ostio pubis but you never now I suppose. that's all I believe there is.

who are the injured players for Clarence that are not playing. I can only think of degroot who I was told wont be back this year, the coach after the break the rumours are saying. Gleeson left but apparently has come back but might not play due to ostio pubis but you never now I suppose. that's all I believe there is.
Just off the top of my head the players out in the team that was beaten by the tigers, Mathew Drury, Russell de Groot, Mitch Williamson, Mitch Hibberd, Jeromey Webberley and Jordan Roberts. There could be more.

I am sure Clarence will come out firing against Burnie but I think the Dockers will get over the line. I saw the Devonport v Hobart City game last week and while it didn't reach great heights Devonport were more consistent over the 4 quarters. Hobart City played some good patches of footy and a couple of times looked like they may have gone on and won the game but some bad turnovers were very costly for them. One episode in the third quarter in the Devonport goal square could only be described as comical and it cost them a goal at a crucial point in the game. The Hobart City v Storm game could be very interesting and hard to pick a winner as both sides are desperate for a win but I think Storm have been playing quite well without winning so they may just get over the line. Devonport has won 3 games but so far they have only played one of the better sides (Burnie) and lost by 50 points so I think the game against North Launceston will give everybody a better idea of where they are at but they are big improvers from last year. They have a dangerous forward line with Thorp back and with McNab and Pearce have a fair bit of goal kicking power.
Burnie by 28
Glenorchy by 40
Western Storm by 16
Lauderdale by 50
North Launceston by 40

hmm looks like no more than I thought but mitch w in this week, r degroote not this year, mitch hibbard hasn't played for 17 months , but back next week for mariners only, (missed this week). webberly has been playing but rested last week what a mistake. Roberts now in western aus probably not to be back. Mathew dury in two weeks all going well I was told, wait and see I suppose. can only go on what my grandson tells me after Thursday night training sessions.

The TSL app doesn't like my ipad, the FB site didn't get the 1st quarter, and Sportingpulse did a s**t job last week on Sunday...

What were the quarter by quarter scores for Burnie v Launceston last week...?

The TSL app doesn't like my ipad, the FB site didn't get the 1st quarter, and Sportingpulse did a s**t job last week on Sunday...

What were the quarter by quarter scores for Burnie v Launceston last week...?

According to the iphone app:

Launceston: 2.4 4.8 7.10 10.10(70)
Burnie: 3.1 9.4 13.8 18.11(119)

My old team Launceston apparently not going as well as they were a couple of years ago!

edit: apologies that BF didn't let me use spaces to make it look somewhat readable.

According to the iphone app:

Launceston: 2.4 4.8 7.10 10.10(70)
Burnie: 3.1 9.4 13.8 18.11(119)

My old team Launceston apparently not going as well as they were a couple of years ago!

edit: apologies that BF didn't let me use spaces to make it look somewhat readable.
If it's any consolation:
1) I barrack for the Storm,
2) The spaces reappear when you hit Post Reply...!

Thanks mate!

I'm not much on IT & the like but I wuz told tha TSL app is driven by club officials who are supposed to put the scores in on a regular basis. I dont know if the app has a glitch or some clubs are lazy/hopeless at putting the info in.

Its worth a look on the facebook site Tasmanian football news & scores. The guys on their do a good job of letting us know about much of the TSL & community footy around the state.

I have a new phone & its only this year I've started to use those two sites. I like them, when they work!

Clarence & Western Storm are still in strife after yesterdays round of TSL footy. I thought Burnie would do the job, & they did, but I wasnt confident Hobart City could. City did very well & that might give them a boost to get better.

I'm suprised how Launceston were sliced & diced so easily by Glenorchy. Lauderdale did what was expected over KT & North Launy did the job over Devonport.

No footy next week. We can't have locals not going to the AFL game can we.:rolleyes:

Clarence & Western Storm are still in strife after yesterdays round of TSL footy. I thought Burnie would do the job, & they did, but I wasnt confident Hobart City could. City did very well & that might give them a boost to get better.

I'm suprised how Launceston were sliced & diced so easily by Glenorchy. Lauderdale did what was expected over KT & North Launy did the job over Devonport.

No footy next week. We can't have locals not going to the AFL game can we.:rolleyes:

Matty smith declaring pies can go undefeated big big big statement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not when your 5 rounds in & the TSL is the closest it's been in years

Just reading the article I dont think he said that in so many words. Its the Muckery putting a spin on Smith's point that if they remain focussed then they can keep winning, pretty obvious really. It probably applies to most sides. Of course they havent played Burnie or North Launy yet. Nor have they had many injuries as yet either.

I think they are motivated by whats happened to their young coach Aaron Cornelius. I doubt they can play at their current 110%, for the whole season.

The game against City at Queenborough was a close shave for them & showed some vulnerability.

I think Burnie & North Launy are sitting one out & one back at this stage of the race, feeling pretty relaxed about things so far.

Clarence & Western Storm would both be feeling pretty shitty about things at this stage. They are still playing real bad.

Just reading the article I dont think he said that in so many words.

Yes, this is how I read it, Mercury spin.

Glenorchy played with intensity and pressure and always had one or two release players out the back giving them time and space to execute their skills. Jay Bowden is something else no matter which position he plays in. Tim Butterworth a very handy pickup for the Pies, reads the play well off half back and has some pig about him (in fact the entire pies side does). Mott and Webb dominated the mid-field, the latter brushing opponents off as if they were kids. Poppa right up there also, leading the way with his relentless attack on the footy. Didn't see Reynolds lose a contest all day.

Being on the outer these days, the side looks to have some real mate-ship about it, making it easier to push that extra 10-20 meters to help out a team mate.

However, Launceston looked very slow and lacked effort (probably due to Glenorchy's run and pressure), it will be good to see how Glenorchy respond when challenged by a team on par in terms of pressure, endeavour and game plan.

Glenorchy have certainly bolted out of the blocks and have surprised a lot of people. If Cornelius hadn't of suffered that terrible injury last year and was still playing they would certainly be red hot flag favourites at this stage of the season. They seem to be the best team in the south at the moment but Lauderdale will still be in the mix come finals time in my opinion. It will be interesting to see Glenorchy come up against North Launceston and Burnie but because of the regional draw we have in the TSL Glenorchy wont play North Launceston until round 16 and Burnie until round 18 which is a bit disappointing really but I suppose it will give everybody a good indication of how the finals series might pan out.

Glenorchy depth looks incredible at this stage. Clarence would be getting very worried I recon about now, they are in a shambles currently. how long will the coach last at this current rate of failure. surely Clarence will have to start playing their younger players to get them ready for next year as the pensioners that are running around are just not up to it. game plan and players need to change quickly or they will only win possibly 5 games for the year at this rate.

Glenorchy and Lauderdale would be licking their lips with match's coming up in the next few weeks.

Glenorchy depth looks incredible at this stage. Clarence would be getting very worried I recon about now, they are in a shambles currently. how long will the coach last at this current rate of failure. surely Clarence will have to start playing their younger players to get them ready for next year as the pensioners that are running around are just not up to it. game plan and players need to change quickly or they will only win possibly 5 games for the year at this rate.

Glenorchy and Lauderdale would be licking their lips with match's coming up in the next few weeks.
I watched the Burnie v Clarence game on Saturday and Clarence were terrible and never in the game. It was a wet windy day but Clarence were lucky Burnie didn't kick straight as the margin would of been much more than 56 points, 31 scoring shots to 11 says it all. Clarence are playing without confidence and after looking at their draw I really cant see them winning another game before round 9 when they come up against the Tigers again and as we know that will be no certainty for them. Their fall from grace is very hard to understand and I cant see them making the finals this year.

Glenorchy are certainly up and about early on, but apart from beating Lauderdale at home which they always do, they have beaten the bottom 4 sides. You can't knock winning form and they are beating teams convincingly but there is still a long way to go and a lot of water to go under the bridge just yet.

Glenorchy are certainly up and about early on, but apart from beating Lauderdale at home which they always do, they have beaten the bottom 4 sides. You can't knock winning form and they are beating teams convincingly but there is still a long way to go and a lot of water to go under the bridge just yet.

Absolutely right.

Given the lop sided nature of the roster, who will be the top 5 do you recon.?
Maybe
1North Launy
2Lauderdale
3Burnie
4Glenorchy
5/6Devonport/Hobart city:p

I cant see Glenorchy keeping up the pace, but should make the finals. Can Clarence & Storm find something? Can Devonport get under the radar & sneek in?

Its a bit early I know but what is your silly guess at this stage?

i agree that Glenorchy probably wont keep up the pace all year but I think they will finish top 3 just due to their improved fitness and depth of quality players. having about 10 mariners will make them quicker than most sides due to their youth. Clarence should take a leaf out of their book and place some trust in their youngsters. Hobart City should only get better as the season progresses, North Launceston will continue to get the job done I believe. Burnie while they don't like to travel will be strong and improve on that situation.
top 5
1 Nth Launceston
2 Lauderdale
3 Glenorchy
4 Burnie
5 Hobart City

Absolutely right.

Given the lop sided nature of the roster, who will be the top 5 do you recon.?
Maybe
1North Launy
2Lauderdale
3Burnie
4Glenorchy
5/6Devonport/Hobart city:p

I cant see Glenorchy keeping up the pace, but should make the finals. Can Clarence & Storm find something? Can Devonport get under the radar & sneek in?

Its a bit early I know but what is your silly guess at this stage?

Yeah I reckon you have it fairly spot on, top 4 looks about right. 5th is up for grabs with Devonport the front runners at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back