Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Its a shame really to go and basically pick any seat in the sparse crowd and watch a bunch of no name kids play for Clarence.

But obviously people like me are part of the problem as much as AFL tas of course, but they need to clearly do more to get people back but never will as you say.

Just hard to even follow your team without being near it too, feels like the coverage is non existent

You might find it interesting to check out the Age newspaper on line. Caroline Wilson wrote an article on the AFLs failure in Tasmania, that was put in 2 weeks ago, then last week Martin Flanagan wrote an article on the AFL & included AFL Tasmania & its antics. well worth a read.

Dunno where shocker is these days but you can see Coons at the shoreline newsagency and Noons at any tote around Hobart at any given time.

Lol cheers might make the trip down worthwhile.

You might find it interesting to check out the Age newspaper on line. Caroline Wilson wrote an article on the AFLs failure in Tasmania, that was put in 2 weeks ago, then last week Martin Flanagan wrote an article on the AFL & included AFL Tasmania & its antics. well worth a read.

Yes great Articles, here is the links guys,(good to see wadey coping it from Flanagan!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/league-must-lift-its-game-in-tasmania-20150508-ggxnhe.html

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-making-with-flashing-lights-20150515-gh1hj7

Not sure about Storm but Launny is just rebuilding.. Strong youth policy down there, giving the kids a taste.

Also heard the Blues are going to look at doing what Burnie and Devonport have done up NW with one TSL team and then 3 in the NTFA.

A big surprise to see Launceston knock off Lauderdale at the weekend but full credit must go to the Blues. Darren Winter would have to be pretty angry as the top 4 seems to be taking shape and a loss like that could be very costly at the end of the year in regards to the double chance. I watched the Burnie v North Launceston game and it was quite a good game. Burnie dominated the game at some stages and maybe should have won by a bigger margin but North are a very good side and will be in the hunt at finals time. The Dockers brought in Zac Smith from Wynyard and he played very well. He has been a star player for the Cats for years and it was great to see him play so well at TSL level. Glenorchy seem to be the team to beat at the moment but we will have to wait almost to the end of the roster series to see them play Burnie and North Launceston which is a pity and a real negative of the regional draw that we have.

A big surprise to see Launceston knock off Lauderdale at the weekend but full credit must go to the Blues. Darren Winter would have to be pretty angry as the top 4 seems to be taking shape and a loss like that could be very costly at the end of the year in regards to the double chance. I watched the Burnie v North Launceston game and it was quite a good game. Burnie dominated the game at some stages and maybe should have won by a bigger margin but North are a very good side and will be in the hunt at finals time. The Dockers brought in Zac Smith from Wynyard and he played very well. He has been a star player for the Cats for years and it was great to see him play so well at TSL level. Glenorchy seem to be the team to beat at the moment but we will have to wait almost to the end of the roster series to see them play Burnie and North Launceston which is a pity and a real negative of the regional draw that we have.

It was a surprise to see Launy win. They have been getting done by 100 pt margins of late. Maybe both Launy & Lauderdale are mainly home track bullies. Windy would have gone right off!!!

I agree, I think its still between North Launy & Burnie at the end. The roster has favoured Glenorchy so far, but they are playing very well, at the moment.

I dont mind the regional draw. Its easy to say otherwise if you arent the one doing all the travel. Also the cost of traveling more often & the cost of playing an opposition whose supporters dont travel has also to be considered. I've spoken to a couple of club people in Hobart who say it costs a fair bit when they play a northern side.

I mean we use to travel in the old SWL, but not now. Or maybe one game if we have the time & feel like a trip.

So, it is what it is for a reason.

It was a surprise to see Launy win. They have been getting done by 100 pt margins of late. Maybe both Launy & Lauderdale are mainly home track bullies. Windy would have gone right off!!!

I agree, I think its still between North Launy & Burnie at the end. The roster has favoured Glenorchy so far, but they are playing very well, at the moment.

I dont mind the regional draw. Its easy to say otherwise if you arent the one doing all the travel. Also the cost of traveling more often & the cost of playing an opposition whose supporters dont travel has also to be considered. I've spoken to a couple of club people in Hobart who say it costs a fair bit when they play a northern side.

I mean we use to travel in the old SWL, but not now. Or maybe one game if we have the time & feel like a trip.

So, it is what it is for a reason.

Launy are a much better side with Sonny Whiting in it, played his first match since round 2 and kicked 8, was easily the difference in the two sides. Launceston really rose to the occasion for a few player milestones and there anniversary celebrations, Lauderdale still would be very disappointed to drop a game like that though, with the ladder so tight in the top 4 spots those games are really hard to make up come the business end of the season.

What a great article all around in the Merc yesterday, with the possibility of finals broadcasts (hopefully a webstream for us interstaters), and with a possible impending retirement of Scott Wade!

THE TSL could be returning to the small screen for this year’s finals, state league general manager Shaun Young has revealed.

And for the first time controversial AFL Tasmania chief executive Scott Wade says the end of his career as a football administrator could be in sight.

The state league has had no live broadcast since AFL Tasmania split with the ABC prior to the 2012 season.

Young said negotiations were already underway to broadcast state league finals, whether it be on free-to-air digital stations – which are already utilised interstate for VFL, SANFL and WAFL games – or internet live streaming.

“We are certainly having discussions with our media partners,” Young said.

story-fnj4f7h7-1227368966463

“Whether that comes to reality or not this year remains to be seen but it is certainly something we are extremely interested in and will continue to pursue. Certainly we’d like to hope we have something in place this year.

“We are looking at all aspects of that.

“Whether that’s covered on TV or covered on social media streams and platforms, we are looking at all and sundry.”

Wade has been the sport’s senior administrator for the past 15 years, overseeing the end of the old statewide league, the rise and fall of Tasmanian VFL side the Devils and the reintroduction and bedding-down of the reborn TSL.

“I’m 55 years of age so I’d like to pull up stumps around 60 years of age give or take a year or two either side,” Wade said.

“That’s my personal plan, but things change.”

Wade presented the sport’s strategic plan to stakeholders at AFL Tasmania’s new Blundstone Arena office yesterday.

He outlined the evolving nature of the sport, as well as the challenges, aspirations and the role of the Tasmanian Football Council.

“I’m not saying administrators haven’t made any mistakes over the years but like everyone in the community if you make a mistake you learn from it and you move forward,” Wade said.

“The message is we just need to find ways to continually work together.

“It has taken us 150 years but we think we’ve got the structure right.

“The AFL own and operate footy now in Tasmania and the three regions are working together under the auspices of the Tasmanian Football Council. That is an exciting initiative.”

What a great article all around in the Merc yesterday, with the possibility of finals broadcasts (hopefully a webstream for us interstaters), and with a possible impending retirement of Scott Wade!

Its a bit sad that we can get such joy out of someones pending retirement!

15 years of what? Going in circles, if not part way down the gurgler.

It would be nice to know why he smashed TSL1, recruited Cresswell, smashed the Devils, tried to destroy Hobart FC, North Hobart FC & Why they tried to destroy South Launy FC, Where all the money went.

Attributed to Mr O Cromwell 'You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart I say & let us have done with you, In the name of God, Go'

Bit late, but!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy!

Lauderdale by 30 over Clarence
Devonport v Burnie by 30
Hobart City v North Launy by 30
KT v Glenorchy by 30
Launy by 30 over Western Storm

:p

You wouldn't be heading to a 30th on Saturday night by and chance? Or was your winning Powerball number 30 maybe?

Lots of media for the Lauderdale coach during the week but unfortunately a comprehensive loss on their home ground, were a good side ...... back in April.

Saw Clarence out play out run out mark outkick just about everything in the end was better. played the wind the best and got up and smacked them. I couldn't believe the turn around, its only two in arrow but they looked good. Darren didn't blast the players but stated that he couldn't swear at them because the get upset at that happening. its no wonder they lost two in a row if that is the case, as they looked soft and uninspired when it was there for the taking. see what happens in two weeks.

Well it's been a while since I posted on here, How is everyone? Looks to be shaping up as a good season. I've backed Clarence the last 2 weeks I think they are starting to string it together. Spud a committed coach and having Charlie playing is huge. North very hard to beat at home, but struggle away at times. My money is on Burnie for the flag (literally). Think the appointment of Proc was a really good one. He inherited a very good list and the boys really have brought into what he's doing. I haven't seen any of Glenorchy yet. Anyone care to enlighten me on them?
Cheers.

Well, well, Launy did it again! They are a chance for finals now. Storm are gawn. Clarence, North Hobart City & Devonport all fighting to get to or keep 5th spot. A long way to go yet. At least things have evened out a bit.

No footy this week. State game somewhere called Burpengary!!:p (Pardon!)
Given the players out this year & our lack of depth, I think the boys could struggle a bit. Good luck to them anyway.

A couple of surprise results on the weekend. Hobart City did well to beat North Launy and Clarence beating Lauderdale was not the result I expected. Not sure if Lauderdale were bad or Clarence good, maybe it was a bit of both. Maybe we all wrote Clarence off a bit early but they will still have to win the majority of their remaining games to make the finals. I watched Burnie Devonport game at Devonport and the first half was played in atrocious conditions with high winds and driving rain with the combined scores of both sides at half time of 3-17. The conditions improved a bit in the second half and Devonport took it up to the Dockers but in the end Burnie's extra experience got them over the line. Burnie had several injuries through the game and spent the last quarter with no fit players on the interchange bench. Glenorchy had another good win and don't play North Launceston until round 16 and Burnie until round 18 and I think its quite possible that they will still be unbeaten before they play the 2 top Northern teams. Who knows they may well go through the roster season without a loss. Unfortunately another week off now.

Good luck to the boys in the map Saturday. A few key injuries but I think they can still get the job done. Budgie is a bloody good coach, not afraid to speak his mind. I think we can still get it done. Anyone know if taste has gone 3 straight years undefeated before? He'll of a feat!

Good luck to the boys in the map Saturday. A few key injuries but I think they can still get the job done. Budgie is a bloody good coach, not afraid to speak his mind. I think we can still get it done. Anyone know if taste has gone 3 straight years undefeated before? He'll of a feat!

Yes good luck to the lads. Pity we have a few injuries to some key players. We'll miss Charlesworth, Cornelius, Thorpe & McCulloch. We dont have a lot of depth to cover that much quality. Our CHF & FF are playing their first games,so I wish them well.

I was a bit worried when I saw the coaches photo in the paper, those eyes! what is he on:rolleyes:

Anyway, We've won the last couple against them. But I think the NEAFL is an AFL joke. Its made up by the AFL as a competition for GWS, Swans, GC & Lions ressies to play in. Thats all it is. Its not like playing a proper state game.

The NEAFL have a fortune thrown at them. They are expected to win due to their access to so many ex AFL players.

If we played against either of the states & territories represented in the NEAFL, it would mean something. It would have some state v state passion.

None the less, good luck guys.

for anyone keen to watch the state game here is the link to the live stream, starts at 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back