Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Dont get all childish on us. We saw Winter in the paper that week. We talked about it on here, as you well know. As if I keep a copy. EOS

Not childish mate, what did he say? it has obviously stuck out in your mind so you should be able to tell us all.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Dont get all childish on us. We saw Winter in the paper that week. We talked about it on here, as you well know. As if I keep a copy. EOS

Here is what was written in the mercury on the previous Lauderdale V Glenorchy match

LAUDERDALE has inflicted Glenorchy’s first loss of the TSL season after producing a second-half blitz at Lauderdale this afternoon.

The Bombers kicked nine goals to two after the long break to turn an 11-point deficit into a 14.9 (93) to 9.7 (61) victory.

Spearhead Ben Halton kicked three goals for the victors, with Bryce Walsh, Ryan Wiggins and Elijah Taylor adding two.

Daniel Muir kicked four majors for Glenorchy – all in the first half – while Jaye Bowden added three second-quarter goals, but the competition pacesetters were strangled in the second half as they struggled to find avenues to goal.

Lauderdale lost Wiggins to an ankle injury in the second quarter while skipper Michael Cassidy landed heavily on his shoulder in the dying stages of the game but looked to have avoided serious injury.

Lauderdale is fast becoming the “spoiler” of the TSL and tough inside midfielder Kaine Waller says that is just the way the players like it.

For the second year in a row Lauderdale ended a nine-game unbeaten streak, inflicting on Glenorchy on Saturday what they did to Clarence last year.

The 27-year-old midfielder put in a best-on-ground performance in the 32-point win, which he said was made sweeter being the Pies’ first loss of the season.

“We like to knock teams off their perches,” he said.

“We always had faith that we could beat Glenorchy.”

Since Waller joined Lauderdale from Dodges Ferry in the SFL four years ago, he has been an unassuming but extremely important part of the club’s transformation from a raw team into one that is aiming for a top-three finish.

“That’s our goal,” Waller said. “We want to make sure that we get the double chance come finals time.”
The big win over Glenorchy was Lauderdale’s second win in a row after giving up a 33-point lead at three-quarter time to fierce rivals Clarence in round eight.

Waller missed that game with a hamstring niggle, but the father of two said he hoped he didn’t have to miss another important game this season.

He admitted it was getting a bit harder balancing football with fatherhood and a new business, but coach Darren Winter was very accommodating.

“At this stage I would imagine I will [be playing in the TSL] next season but it does take up time so we’ll have to talk at the end of the season,” he said.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Also, just looking back through previous pages, are you able to quote where we talked about what Winter said after that match? buggered if I can find where it was discussed, and I have had a good look.

Don't make stuff up mate, you are a good poster but if you talk smack you will get pulled up.

My magpie mate said the Lauderdale ground was in good nick, but they had a freezing cold wind sweeping up the ground. Lauderdale only kicked 2 goals so I dont know how they didnt score more with the wind.
I can remember being there in the past and having that wind floating about it wasn't too fun, though the wind a few weeks ago blowing across the ground wasn't any better. I was surprised they only had 2.9. It was why I asked about the whole conditions down there as well, seeing so much bad kicking it made me wonder.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also, just looking back through previous pages, are you able to quote where we talked about what Winter said after that match? buggered if I can find where it was discussed, and I have had a good look.

Don't make stuff up mate, you are a good poster but if you talk smack you will get pulled up.

I thought smack was something you snorted. :rolleyes:

I'll try to find what he said but I dont keep copies of comments. he gets in the paper so often its hard to be specific about every single thing. He was certainly pumped about a plan coming together, the next week the wheels fell of against the KT.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought smack was something you snorted. :rolleyes:

I'll try to find what he said but I dont keep copies of comments. he gets in the paper so often its hard to be specific about every single thing. He was certainly pumped about a plan coming together, the next week the wheels fell of against the KT.

I reckon you are mixed up with when they beat North Launceston

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
That'd be good news for the Bombers and for Smith. Hopefully it's not season over or career over for him.

Yes you would hate to see a bad injury like that end a career. Seems like his season is over at least. He came across as a nice guy on the Reno show. I think he won a premiership at Glenorchy at some stage.

At least he has one:rolleyes:

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
This week.

Clarence over Launy by 35. Launy are cooked.
Devonport over Lauderdale by 16. Lauderdale were beaten up last week, mentally & physically.
North Launy over Glenorchy by 6. Glenorchy to meet the Premiers.
Tigers second to NHCFC by 16. Too much at stake for NHCFC to lose.
Storm to get sunk by Burnie by 36. Burnie warming up for finals/ GF.

Weather looks good today so should be good ground conditions.

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clarence by 35 over Launceston but they have no hope of making finals in my opinion.
Devonport by 45 over Lauderdale. I might go and have a look at this game if the weather is ok.
The game of the round is at Aurora between North Launceston and Glenorchy. This will be very interesting as Glenorchy haven't been tested by the 2 best Northern sides so far this year. There's not much between Burnie and North as last weeks result indicates. Can Glenorchy match the best northern sides ? We will find out this weekend. I wish we had a true home and away roster because at least that way whoever finishes on top of the ladder earnt it fair and square. Its hard to assess Glenorchy as I haven't seen them play this year but I will go for North by 30 points.
Hobart City by 25
Burnie by 45

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well Clarence are officially cooked after that performance. The knives would be out at Bellerive.
Lauderdale too seem done with that effort.
North Launy v Glenorchy must have been quite exciting. Glenorchy coach didnt seem too upset with his teams efforts. Burnie would be pleased with the result.
NHCFC did a good job on KT who have shown a bit more this year. I guess they will be looking to recruit to take the next step.
So given the fact the final 5 is still up for grabs, as is top spot, we still have some interest in games leading up to the Semifinals.
Where too Western Storm? no home, no supporters, no reserve depth, no history. what do they do to survive or improve? More AFLTas money?

Any bets on the final 5?
Glenorchy
Burnie
North Launy
NHCFC
Devonport

It could just as easily be
Burnie
Glenorchy
North Launy
Lauderdale
Devonport

Its that close.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Well Clarence are officially cooked after that performance. The knives would be out at Bellerive.
North Launy v Glenorchy must have been quite exciting. Glenorchy coach didnt seem too upset with his teams efforts. Burnie would be pleased with the result.
NHCFC did a good job on KT who have shown a bit more this year. I guess they will be looking to recruit to take the next step.
So given the fact the final 5 is still up for grabs, as is top spot, we still have some interest in games leading up to the Semifinals.
Where too Western Storm? no home, no supporters, no reserve depth, no history. what do they do to survive or improve? More AFLTas money?

Any bets on the final 5?
Glenorchy
Burnie
North Launy
NHCFC
Devonport

Burnie
Glenorchy
North Launy
Lauderdale
Devonport

Its that close.

My guess will be

Glenorchy
Burnie
North Launceston
Lauderdale
Hobart City

The final match to decide whether Lauderdale finish 4th or Hobart city.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Any bets on the final 5?
Glenorchy
Burnie
North Launy
NHCFC
Devonport

Burnie
Glenorchy
North Launy
Lauderdale
Devonport

Its that close.

That second scenario you had can't happen, for Burnie to finish top it would need Hobart City to beat Glenorchy which will in turn mean the Demons will finish 4th.

Last edited:

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Any bets on the final 5?
Glenorchy
Burnie
North Launy
NHCFC
Devonport

Burnie
Glenorchy
North Launy
Lauderdale
Devonport

Its that close.
It is an interesting finish to the season for sure. I watched Devonport and Lauderdale on Saturday and in the first half Devonport made them look like a pub team. Lauderdale were much better in the second half but realistically being 70 points behind at half time meant the game was over. If Lauderdale can have a large win over the Tigers next weekend they might just hang on to a finals spot by percentage but even if they do they are still a fair way off the top 3 on current form. Devonport could cause the top 3 a few problems if they can sneak in to the 5 and Hobart City on their day can be dangerous. I think Glenorchy will hang on to top spot and if Burnie win on Saturday against Launceston at home they cant lose second spot, keeping in mind that the Blues upset them at West Park last time. I think most people would agree the premier will come from the top 3 but its so even the top 3 are very hard to separate and it could well come down to which team has the most luck on Grand Final day. Its quite hard to even pick the 2 teams that will play in the Grand Final with any certainty. The year is over for Clarence and you would expect there will be some major reviews being conducted at that club. Based on past years the Roo's will be looking to recruit good players so I imagine other clubs will be very busy trying to re-sign all their best players before its too late.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
It is an interesting finish to the season for sure. I watched Devonport and Lauderdale on Saturday and in the first half Devonport made them look like a pub team. Lauderdale were much better in the second half but realistically being 70 points behind at half time meant the game was over. If Lauderdale can have a large win over the Tigers next weekend they might just hang on to a finals spot by percentage but even if they do they are still a fair way off the top 3 on current form. Devonport could cause the top 3 a few problems if they can sneak in to the 5 and Hobart City on their day can be dangerous. I think Glenorchy will hang on to top spot and if Burnie win on Saturday against Launceston at home they cant lose second spot, keeping in mind that the Blues upset them at West Park last time. I think most people would agree the premier will come from the top 3 but its so even the top 3 are very hard to separate and it could well come down to which team has the most luck on Grand Final day. Its quite hard to even pick the 2 teams that will play in the Grand Final with any certainty. The year is over for Clarence and you would expect there will be some major reviews being conducted at that club. Based on past years the Roo's will be looking to recruit good players so I imagine other clubs will be very busy trying to re-sign all their best players before its too late.

I wouldn't read a hell of a lot into that match with Lauderdale, they were never gonna be a chance traveling up there with the players they had missing, if they can beat the Tigers this week which they should then barring anymore mishaps should go into the final match against Hobart City at full strength and claim 4th spot.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Yes the old question again, how do they recruit so many players from other clubs & still stay under the salary cap?

Obvious really. They follow the formula created by their old GM, Now the CEO of AFL Tas!

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
To all those wondering what the quiet Mr Wade has been up to. We now know.

Charging all participants, children, youth, women, seniors, a fee to play the game. Then some idea to charge TSL clubs for TV coverage costing perhaps $500k a year!

AFLTas get some $500k from Gument to help with participation. Junior footy is run by volunteers. Most clubs as well. So whats the extra for?

Which clubs have the spare cash for TV? Where do Western Storm or Devonport for instance get the cash? They are heavily supported by AFLTas now. I'd be surprised if any club has that sort of cash sitting in the backroom.

ROCKY ROAD

Team Captain
May 6, 2011
hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
To all those wondering what the quiet Mr Wade has been up to. We now know.

Charging all participants, children, youth, women, seniors, a fee to play the game. Then some idea to charge TSL clubs for TV coverage costing perhaps $500k a year!

AFLTas get some $500k from Gument to help with participation. Junior footy is run by volunteers. Most clubs as well. So whats the extra for?

Which clubs have the spare cash for TV? Where do Western Storm or Devonport for instance get the cash? They are heavily supported by AFLTas now. I'd be surprised if any club has that sort of cash sitting in the backroom.

This organisation is unbelievable, firstly they tell ABC to shove their coverage of TSL because they wont cough up $100 thousand, 3 years later they are talking about paying $500 thousand to do the same thing. If they were accountable to stakeholders and shareholders the lot of them would be out on their arses.

Back