Gerard Healy

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably more accurate.

If there's any two teams who shouldn't complain about what comes out of Gerard Healy's mouth it's us and Freo.

He's been the only member of the Victorian media who hasn't treated you like some kind of joke for 16 years. Constantly defends your players, pumps up your stars when no one else will.

Does the same to us as well.

Haha I walked out of the room as he was thanking him and I missed the comments as they went to break.

I also noticed that mid interview there was a bit of an eye roll in Gerard's direction.

Does this tool have some sort of official role with the AFL? I ask because he seems to almost as far up the AFL's arse as Kevin Bartlett, blindly supporting every s**t thing they do .
Jee, I dunno about that. For example, if you've heard much of him on 3aw, you'd know that he constantly hangs s**t on the Match Review Panel's findings -- in fact, he calls in Chook Lotto.

Healy is the most loved person on this board purely because it's taken THIS long for someone to start a s**t room about him.
Good point. I don't post that much on here, and I was pretty surprised to see a thread about him in the oughta-be-renamed "Put Total s**t On Footy Media People" sub-forum.

This forum has been around a fair while, and I can't remember seeing 'Bambi' attacked before.

Jee, I dunno about that. For example, if you've heard much of him on 3aw, you'd know that he constantly hangs s**t on the Match Review Panel's findings -- in fact, he calls in Chook Lotto.

Probably bags the decisions where players get away with stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I walked out of the room as he was thanking him and I missed the comments as they went to break.

I also noticed that mid interview there was a bit of an eye roll in Gerard's direction.

same here, i did hear something and remember hoping it wasn't anything too controversial as I don't like missing out :(

I've downloaded and listened to Dwayne and Gerard most days for the past 4 years. Even in the off season. It is the only regular footy podcast I can get in the UK.

Early on I had a lot of time for Gerard but this year he is becoming more and more out of date. He tows the AFL party line so much that it has gotten to the point where I relish Dwayne playing devils advocate as he likes to do. :eek:

The interviews with AA are an embarrassment, Lloyd, Beaver and Richo are the only ones willing to throw a tough one his way and when they do, Gerard accepts and moves on from AAs weak responses. Jake Niall is dismissed as nerdy reporter by 'the boys' when he is on.

The show has lost it in a big way, BT has gone from an entertaining radio gameday commentator to an arrogant douchebag who has bought his own hype and arcs up at any hint of criticism. Not to mention 'Collingwood Tuesdays' when Mick comes on and talks about his favourite topic (with BT goading him on)

Lloyd and Richo are about all the show has got going for it. I need a new podcast and quick.

He's is easily one of the best commentators.

A supporter of WA side would say that.:rolleyes:

Annoys the piss out of me. Goals are rarely credited to the good work of the scoring side but are nearly always the fault of the defending side. "So and so should've done this and whatshisname didn't do that" I mean it's relevent sometimes, but not everytime - or does he expect perfect teams to play out scoreless draws?

And whenever one team is enjoying a period of dominance in a match it's always for the same reason according to Gerard - "the other team's just not working hard enough". Yes the only reason teams ever win is because the other team is just lazy.

Clearly its divided.

As a 3AW Sports Today/Tonight (whatever) listener most nights, I find Gerard good value, certainly aware of what is going on outside Vic, possibly due to his team at Sydney, compared to the normal AFL media mafia who are happily rooted in the VFL era (25 years on, who cares how many VFL premierships Carlton won). Probably if you are rooted in yesteryear, Healy is not for you.

If you are interested in the wider national view of the AFL, tune in to 3AW 6.30 Tuesday with Mick Malthouse.

Gerard and Hookesy were sensational in the mid to late 1990s and even the early noughies. Since then, the show has gone downhill.

If this is about OTC today it's a strange reaction. What comment prompted this thread Atheist? Healy is one of the few who actually knows a bit about our team, even though I don't think he's a great commentator.
He knows a fair bit about us too... but hey, he doesn't fawn over the Vic sides every 60 seconds so he is biased...

Is he on the West Coast payroll or what? You would think he's a former player with the amount of bias he shows towards them.

He's already an awful commentator and this just adds a new dimension of shitness to his media work.
Couldnt have said it better myself, he is so biased and one sided it makes me sick, he led the pick the Eagles for the 2013 premier campaign that infected the whole media, was pretty funny to see how that ended up. Also funny to see him back onboard leading another charge after the Eagles beat up on WB and Melbourne then scraping home against the Saints. No surprises this year the media all jumped on Fremantle, was this led by Gerard? I would suspect so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back