Get around Bachar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has played out of his skin this year.

His response to the situation shows a lot of maturity and calm when a lot of others have had melt downs.

It's a win off the field for us because we know Bachar and the rest of the team won't break any team rules again, and it's another sign of maturity that the entire club has not had in a very long time.

Still looking forward to seeing them in the GF

PS I'd rather this little hiccup happen now during the regular season than say any final!

Amen.

Obviously was a bad mistake, iv'e watched it many times... Was it also partly Lamberts fault for making an awful effort of it also? Not sure how he didn't even get a hand to it and most infuriatingly didn't even make body contact with Ibo...:S.

Amen.

Obviously was a bad mistake, iv'e watched it many times... Was it also partly Lamberts fault for making an awful effort of it also? Not sure how he didn't even get a hand to it and most infuriatingly didn't even make body contact with Ibo...:S.
Because at the quarter of his eyes he seen 4 dockers coming at him and said wtf.

Because at the quarter of his eyes he seen 4 dockers coming at him and said wtf.

Weird how he was calling for the ball then. (Also shown in the vision).

Anyway, didn't mean to tangent this thread. Just think the effort by him was also poor not to get some body on the player or touch the ball. Had he taken body, even with giving away a "professional" free kick it may have allowed players to man up. Anyway. Just a thought.

Griffiths miss where freo took it down the other end and kicked a goal was more telling than Bachar's mistake imo
11 point turn around

Bachar Houli has been excellent since he has been at richmond, Sure it was a brain fart but there were another 50 in the game that hasnt been talked about its just that this 1 was the last and put the dockers infront

move on

He farked up but he knows it and apologised to the fans and his team mates but there were worse things than he did.
7 posters and so many missed shots at goal.
Houli's missed kick wouldn't even be under consideration if we took our chances.
Houli has been a class act since joining Tigerland.
Get around him for this weeks game.

Carn the Tiges!
Good onya smasha- love ya work brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will always be highlighted as it was at a crucial point , but i believe the umps and our goal kicking were more to blame, bachar has been good for us , i dont know how anyone can criticize his commitment and call him soft, too many keyboard warriors out there

OK, I'll put my hand up. I was calling for his head after being absolutely filthy with him after the game. I think I even went as far as saying I wanted him to hand his jumper in. Emotions were high and all rationale went out the window (along with my cat after his kick in). But he has been great for us and is still a very good player. I still think he could physically impose himself a little more at times and make his tackles stick, but all players have their weaknesses and none escape criticism (even Ablett, Fyfe, Franklin etc.)

I am backing him to turn it around against Hawthorn because he plays with a lot of heart and he obviously loves the jumper. He was not on his own and it is unfair to single him out when everyone did their bit to contribute to the horrible loss.

It is a big game for both Bachar and the boys this Friday but I think we'll give it a nudge because we are going to be more hungry than ever.

Bachar is a resilient bloke, won't phase him much. I watched the replay and you could see what he was trying to do, was almost a certain goal if he executed, incredibly ballsy move but not for that stage of a game.

I'm a lot more disappointed in Cotchin's set shot. Bachar made one blue, Trent does this s**t all the time.

I love Bachar but he did have a stinker.

Three goals were kicked against us directly due to his mistakes.

Fyfe goal - Not going for the ball
Sheridan goal - Not line up the man to hit ball and man
Mundy goal - Kick in.

He'll have all my vocal support this weekend, every player has their down days.

Amen.

Watching it again, Lambert got himself hopelessly out of position and off balance, don't forget Ibbotson is a bit bigger and had the sit.

Don't make things up, please!

Said it before and I'll say it again. The option Houli took was the correct option, Lambert with 40m of space either side of him should have been an easy kick to hit. Unfortunately Houli mishit the kick and instead of going straight to Lambert, it drifted to the other side of the square where the Dockers player had to move about 5-10m while Lambert had to run about 30m just to make a contest. I would have preferred Lambert to have collected the Freo player and given away a free kick instead of the uncontested mark. At least then we would have had time to get back and set up rather than allowing for the quick chip kick in which caught everyone out of position.

Hopefully next time that situation presents itself, Houli pulls the trigger without second guessing himself and Lambert runs through the opposition player and holds up play rather than allowing the easy mark.

Unfortunately if houlie is in the side he will f..k up when the pressure is on ,he's done it his whole career and he will never change
Yeah right, he's been great for us and will continue to be.
Love bashar. He chose the right option but he didn't kick it well

Said it before and I'll say it again. The option Houli took was the correct option, Lambert with 40m of space either side of him should have been an easy kick to hit. Unfortunately Houli mishit the kick and instead of going straight to Lambert, it drifted to the other side of the square where the Dockers player had to move about 5-10m while Lambert had to run about 30m just to make a contest. I would have preferred Lambert to have collected the Freo player and given away a free kick instead of the uncontested mark. At least then we would have had time to get back and set up rather than allowing for the quick chip kick in which caught everyone out of position.

Hopefully next time that situation presents itself, Houli pulls the trigger without second guessing himself and Lambert runs through the opposition player and holds up play rather than allowing the easy mark.
Agree, after watching from behind the goals Bachar would have hit that kick 99 times out of a 100, Lambert really had no chance to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back