Opinion Get Maxy back

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxy has been working as a development coach at St Joseph's this season and has them running like a well oiled machine. They sit two games clear on top of the GFL ladder and look like they will finally break their premiership drought. With our coaching set up in need of fresh talent, is it too early to bring the great man back into the fold? Personally I believe he could provide the leadership and football knowledge to ensure we return to the finals in 2016.

Thoughts?

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...miership-drought/story-fnjuhsge-1227208296056

Just let Maxy enjoy a bit of down time for a while....he'll be back when we really need him.

I'm thinking we might really need him next year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In time but not yet.

We don't want to turn into the boys club that is Essendon.

I'd like to get Ratten should Burns win a senior coaching gig.

I'd like to get him anyway as an assistant given his time at the hawks.

Sanderson another if Burns were to win a coaching position.

Don't see a pressing need for another assistant atm but get he'll be back eventually. Would rather it happens when he knows less of the currently entrenched playing group as I don't think it makes for a good professional relationship.
If he came back, doubt his personality would care if he knew the current players as team mates.
He seems like a tell it like it is person, he'd direct traffic.

Mind you he does remind me of the kid in the class who was the teachers pet

If he came back, doubt his personality would care if he knew the current players as team mates.
He seems like a tell it like it is person, he'd direct traffic.

Mind you he does remind me of the kid in the class who was the teachers pet

Don't think it'd matter either, would just rather avert it as it's an unnecessary risk if you want to view it as such.

Maxy has been working as a development coach at St Joseph's this season and has them running like a well oiled machine. They sit two games clear on top of the GFL ladder and look like they will finally break their premiership drought. With our coaching set up in need of fresh talent, is it too early to bring the great man back into the fold? Personally I believe he could provide the leadership and football knowledge to ensure we return to the finals in 2016.

Thoughts?

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...miership-drought/story-fnjuhsge-1227208296056
Let ST Joes win the flag first though....

Don't think it'd matter either, would just rather avert it as it's an unnecessary risk if you want to view it as such.
Fair point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back