Mega Thread Get Stuffed McGuire The Swans Bigfooty Podcast (All Eddie angst, rants go in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

At a time like this (just like post 2012 GF, post Tippett & post Buddy) the best thing to do is go and watch the 2005 GF. Where's our superstar line up there? Where has all the apparent "AFL support" and money we supposedly had gone? Has it gone to "poaching superstars"? I think not. Likewise with 2012. Did we win a premiership using some "mercenary superstar, only there for the money"? Nope. Rejects from other clubs and home grown talent we'd invested in when no-one else would have even thought of it.

We lead the competition in terms of being the one team that lives on the edge and pushes the boundaries (in a non-Essendon way of course). We often start the new trends (e.g. International rookies, stoppage gamestyle, recruiting on need not overall 'skill' etc).

If Eddie wants, he can try to rubbish our brand in the media. Hell he can try to do it in the middle of one of his clubs all time great servant's and ex-captain retirement press conference... What he can't do is change the fact our club has what he wants. Success in terms of on field results and a growth in off field results he didn't want to share with us. A great example of this is to compare each of our clubs' handling of the shift between Roos/Horse & Malthouse/Buckley.

Have all the members you want Ed, it can't buy you a strong culture and management structure often envied and copied.

Just like Malthouse's antics last weekend, Eddie is seriously tarnishing his clubs image in the way he's conducting himself. If I was a high level Collingwood member/sponsor/board member etc I'd be appalled at his conduct and self-centred antics. While on the other hand, I've been very happy with the way Prids has handled himself. Then again, he isn't on every second footy program known to man, with a huge influence over media like Eddie Everywhere does... But he's held firm and stated his case clearly and succinctly. Eddie has ranted and raved and looked like the bully who's not getting what he wants and will keep going until he does (or get's dropped from his position).

This weekend, as a club, we should stand proud. Wear your colours out, even if it's not for the footy itself. Going to the shops? Bit cold? Chuck on the Big red jacket that says F**k you Eddie. Want to head out to pick up some take away? Better slip on the VW emblazoned red & white polo and hit the fish'n'chipper for some delicious deep fried up yours Ed's. Most importantly, enjoy knowing Eddie is a tool and we support the best club in the land.

Cheer Cheer.

Sir! Yes, sir!

Haha. Love it. They may take our draft picks, but they'll never take our freedom!

Squad. Saluuuuute. :D

Damn it another week to the bounce.

Yeah sure. Let ch 9's direct competition pay a billion for the tv rights, but tell them there is a non compete clause with a 70 year old man walking around with no pants on in black face telling racist jokes on thurs nights because Eddie says so.

Anyone else get the feeling Andy left a power vacuum at the AFL and now Eddie feels emboldened to make every ambit claim he can think of off the top of his head?

Actually scratch that. They're not ambit. He seems to bit batting a 1000 recently:

Sunday night games - boned
Equalization tax on Coll - boned
COLa - boned
Swans Academy - bonage apparently imminent

Nice work Clive.

Anyway, I've gone off track again. Sorry. My point is simply there are some clubs/entities/people who can't believe we are where we are without some kind of manufactured advantage. Often I believe it's a way for them to more easily overlook their own weaknesses & inferiority in key areas such as management or recruiting and say "their club isn't crap, they would have been as good as the Swans but the Swans got an unfair advantage". They point to these "advantages" as the reason for our success but fail to see past the dribble to the true cause(s) of the success IMO.

This is it. The manufactured advantage is part of the narrative to appease the supporters. The AFL are as culpable as the loud clubs. The AFL could have easily come out and said this is how the COL allowance works and show examples. The clubs and players know how it works. The loudmouths choose to ignore reality and play the 'poor me' card. The supporters lap it up as it's much easier to blame others for your lack of success. Eddie is simply creating an us v them mentality as he did with Brisbane. As was done when flags from 2001 - 2006 went outside Victoria. Remember folks, we beat Collingwood in the 2012 PF. That would still burn for Eddie.

What we have is a loudmouth shock jock who is a president of a club and now believes he is the boss of the AFL. This bloke is actually on an equalisation working party for a national competition.

The AFL could put all this to bed by countering the misinformation spread by the shock jock. They choose not to because he is part of the boys clubs, they don't want to upset the shock jock and most importantly they love the us v them mentality it creates.

Please, don't think for one moment that the current crop want NSW to embrace the sport. It is still Victoria's sport and that's how they want it to remain.

For the first 15 minutes of the coverage on Fox Eddie made, and I s**t you not, like 5 jabs at either COLA, The Swans in general or his words with Pridham... I'm no the type to get overly angry with commentators not named Bruce but ffs, let. It. Go.

Actually the footy show is on tv in NSW at 12.30am or something.

But no one cares haha.

For the first 15 minutes of the coverage on Fox Eddie made, and I s**t you not, like 5 jabs at either COLA, The Swans in general or his words with Pridham... I'm no the type to get overly angry with commentators not named Bruce but ffs, let. It. Go.

Skip the pre-show, I do. I refuse to validate that man by watching anything he does now.

Skip the pre-show, I do. I refuse to validate that man by watching anything he does now.
I love King and Voss and the trying to analyse the game. That stuff is what really got me into Footy since 2010. The stats and analytical aspect.A shame that Eddie is there but one poor guy doesn't over rule the rest of it. Even though I want to see Collingwood lose more

Agreed we should stop giving the douche an audience, if anything tell your friends and family to boycott anything eddie related.

That's cool. Swans walk away from the academy. It is not our job to grow the game for the AFL. Tell them to setup their own academy and now you will see our self interest. We will exist only to grow our BRAND AND act purely in self interest like Collingwood.

**** Gil, **** Eddie and **** you AFL. Pissed.

no need to walk away and look like the bad guys, just stop funding it, tell the AFL sorry, in light of the changes we've had to cut back on spending as we only made 500-600K last year and our members will expect a continuing return.

then simply match the AFL's 250K we put the remaining 750K that we would have put towards the academy somewhere else. but reiterate that our poor "interstate" club to pour millions into the academy for little to no return. we would very much like to continue to fund the academies but we are just so very, very reliant on handouts just to get by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a cutting off the nose despite the face scenario.

We just need to explain the cost benefits of the program. Seriously, for minimal coin all clubs get a share of whatever spoils are uncovered. All we're asking for is the realistic chance to bid on our first pick academy players.

Club involvement underpins the entire process in NSW at least. Esp. at the Sydney Academy. It gets sponsors opening their wallets which takes development costs off ALL clubs. How is this not a good thing?

Determining values of picks is so subjective. It's the fact that opposition Presidents and supporters don't understand how it works which is leading to a punitive response. When really it is only working as promised, and players are appearing that might mean Sydney does find players for other clubs in the process given a chance.

But frankly there are forces out there hell bent on preventing the system from working. And they're in power right now.

no need to walk away and look like the bad guys, just stop funding it, tell the AFL sorry, in light of the changes we've had to cut back on spending as we only made 500-600K last year and our members will expect a continuing return.

then simply match the AFL's 250K we put the remaining 750K that we would have put towards the academy somewhere else. but reiterate that our poor "interstate" club to pour millions into the academy for little to no return. we would very much like to continue to fund the academies but we are just so very, very reliant on handouts just to get by.
Yes I know you are right. That post was charged on emotion, just sick of the AFL standing back and letting it all happen, especially when mistruths are continually being broadcast with a loud megaphone from an arsehat.

Now here is how stupid & incompetent Eddie is, last 20yrs Saints have played in 4 GFs, By golly by jingo that's the same as the Swans, and if we remember the all conquering Saints were red hot fav. In 2005 Prelim. With their dream team of No. 1 & 2 draft selections, what a dwarf!

Really on the verge of complaining to Fox and the afl about his antics. He can say what he likes on radio, in the papers, in interviews...but as a tv presenter he's supposedly representing all afl supporters. I don't pay good money to cop abuse 5 times a week from this weak joke of a figurehead of the code.

We know he's like a school yard bully. But continuing these attacks across ever platform is harassment.

Yeah sure. Let ch 9's direct competition pay a billion for the tv rights, but tell them there is a non compete clause with a 70 year old man walking around with no pants on in black face telling racist jokes on thurs nights because Eddie says so.

Anyone else get the feeling Andy left a power vacuum at the AFL and now Eddie feels emboldened to make every ambit claim he can think of off the top of his head?

Football has grown exponentially, the teams, the marketing, the managers, the whole infrastructure, everything that we have been able to achieve… has come off very much the back of The Footy Show

really? the AFL the largest football league in the country that can be traced back over 100 years..........can trace the professional era back to AFL the footy show.

Fun fact: the NRL thursday night footy show which was planned a year before in 93 was not expected to do well in victoria as such channel 9 in melbourne put on a special addition of the victorian sunday footy show which delved into the cras lowbrow humour both footy shows are known for.

it was a success and thus the AFL footy show was born. a program that still doesn't air before 1030 (and often after midnight because the NRL footy show runs over) in NSW,ACT,QLD,NT is widely considered shithouse crass humour with almost no footy analysis and was considered on its last legs in 06 when eddie took over nine and ordered a revamp.

this show is responsible for professional football?
i understand bigfooty so much more now.

Another crack at us on Ed & Derms Big Week in Footy.

De Stoop says Tippett, Hanners & Shaw looking to play.

Derm chimes in with "oh don't forget Skilton, Round & Pratt aswell... They've got everyone!"

Cue Eddie, "oh that's nothing wait until they get the kids in, its a joke".

Another crack at us on Ed & Derms Big Week in Footy.

De Stoop says Tippett, Hanners & Shaw looking to play.

Derm chimes in with "oh don't forget Skilton, Round & Pratt aswell... They've got everyone!"

Cue Eddie, "oh that's nothing wait until they get the kids in, its a joke".

So we can't trade in mature players and we can't draft kids. Okay then, Eddie.

Really on the verge of complaining to Fox and the afl about his antics. He can say what he likes on radio, in the papers, in interviews...but as a tv presenter he's supposedly representing all afl supporters. I don't pay good money to cop abuse 5 times a week from this weak joke of a figurehead of the code.

We know he's like a school yard bully. But continuing these attacks across ever platform is harassment.
Do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back