"Get The F#!k Out The Way!"...It's Kobe Bryant and the Official Week 8 Thread!

Who had the truest quote about the Knicks last week?

• "We have a loser's mentality." -Phil Jackson

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • "There's a lot of arguing and cursing each other out after games." -Broussard's 'sources'

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • "We're all commited to the triangle and to this system." -Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • "It's not that difficult. It's a triangle." -Dennis Rodman

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this on realgm. Thought it was cool

lqGVU3K.jpg
I want to vomit.

Doubt Rondo at your peril. He's a pure floor general who will instantly improve the Dallas offense.

Furthermore, he's the very definition of clutch.

There might be some kinks to work out but I think that Rondo gives Dallas a higher ceiling. Who knows if they reach it though.

Makes them more intriguing at the very least, which is a win in my book.

Jameer Nelson is a Celtic. FFS. Waive or trade pls thx.

I'm genuinely gutted. Haven't felt this bad since I saw Carlton cop the spoon.

Horrible trade from a GM who for some ridiculous reason has never given Rondo the recognition he deserves and probably made it incredibly hard for Rondo to want to stay at a cheaper price.

**** you Ainge

C - Kelly Olynyk
PF - Jared Sullinger
SF - Jeff Green
SG - Avery Bradley
PG - Jameer Nelson
-----
C - Tyler Zeller
PF - Brandan Wright
PF - Brandon Bass
SF - Gerald Wallace
SF - Jae Crowder
SG - Evan Turner
SG - James Young
SG - Marcus Thornton
PG - Marcus Smart
PG - Phil Pressey

If Jeff Green and Jameer Nelson take up their player options for next year, they'll have at least $48.92 million commited for 2015-16, with Bass, Wright, Thornton and Crowder coming off the books. They've got a very big trade exception, and a little bit of cap room to work with there (at least half of which will assumedly be taken up by 2015 Draft picks, considering they'll have two first rounders, and possibly 3-4 second rounders), but they certainly don't have the young pieces/flexibility that they did prior to the Garnett trade, so I can't see what sort of big deal Ainge can swing from here to put the Celtics back into contention.

I don't think Rondo will kill the offence like you guys think. He hits mid range jumpers at an acceptable rate.

His FT shooting though.....

He's averaging 1.6 FTA per game this season. If he was shooting at, say, .600 from the line (around his career mark), rather than .333, he would have scored a whopping 0.45 ppg more this season. Nowhere near as big a deal as it would be if he were a guy that got to the line frequently.

I'd take any bet on Dallas' offense getting worse.
Might as well take the gamble. Before the trade they weren't elite in the West anyway in my opinion. Always destined for a 5-7 seed.
C - Kelly Olynyk
PF - Jared Sullinger
SF - Jeff Green
SG - Avery Bradley
PG - Jameer Nelson
-----
C - Tyler Zeller
PF - Brandan Wright
PF - Brandon Bass
SF - Gerald Wallace
SF - Jae Crowder
SG - Evan Turner
SG - James Young
SG - Marcus Thornton
PG - Marcus Smart
PG - Phil Pressey

If Jeff Green and Jameer Nelson take up their player options for next year, they'll have at least $48.92 million commited for 2015-16, with Bass, Wright, Thornton and Crowder coming off the books. They've got a very big trade exception, and a little bit of cap room to work with there (at least half of which will assumedly be taken up by 2015 Draft picks, considering they'll have two first rounders, and possibly 3-4 second rounders), but they certainly don't have the young pieces/flexibility that they did prior to the Garnett trade, so I can't see what sort of big deal Ainge can swing from here to put the Celtics back into contention.
Ainge will definitely look to dump green.

There isn't going to be a big deal. Our assets are pretty ordinary. Nobody seems to rate Sullinger as evidenced by Minny's lack of interest in him during Kevin Love talks, Marcus Smart already looks like a flawed player and the same goes with Olynyk.

This is going to be one ugly rebuild.

He's averaging 1.6 FTA per game this season. If he was shooting at, say, .600 from the line (around his career mark), rather than .333, he would have scored a whopping 0.45 ppg more this season. Nowhere near as big a deal as it would be if he were a guy that got to the line frequently.
But it affects the way he plays. Trust me.

The same thing happened in 2011 when he had a rough patch from January through till about March. He's at his best when he goes hard to the basket and draws fouls. When he's not hitting free throws he resorts to making plays off fast breaks and through slow paced half court offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it affects the way he plays. Trust me.

The same thing happened in 2011 when he had a rough patch from January through till about March. He's at his best when he goes hard to the basket and draws fouls. When he's not hitting free throws he resorts to making plays off fast breaks and through slow paced half court offence.

He's never really drawn fouls at anything more than an average rate thoughout his career though.

Jameer Nelson is a Celtic. FFS. Waive or trade pls thx.

Disappointed I can only 'like' this once, so instead you get one of the world famous heart-stopping, pants-dropping, hard-rocking, booty-shaking, love-making, earth-quaking, baby-making, justifying, death-defying, Chadwiko's reaction gifs!

My reaction upon seeing the trade;

puking_rainbows_gravity_falls.gif

And my feelings towards Ainge today;

mT14PQz.gif

Evan Turner and Phil Pressey fantasy stocks just went through the roof.

Playoffs he might have?

Gets to the line at about the same rate he has in the regular season.

Anyway it's more that he won't avoid going to the basket like he will if he's having a torrid time at the line.

Considering how (relatively) infrequently he gets to the line in general, it probably equates to maybe one-two different decisions he makes during a game. I don't think he actively avoids it rather than it not being a major component of his game in the first place.

Evan Turner and Phil Pressey fantasy stocks just went through the roof.

Unless Nelson gets waived/bought out immediately (and I doubt he will), I don't see either of them getting any more minutes/touches (with everyone fit) than if Rondo was here TBH. The other guards that are injured (Smart, Thornton, Young) are still injured either way, not by circumstance of the trade.

Unless Nelson gets waived/bought out immediately (and I doubt he will), I don't see either of them getting any more minutes/touches (with everyone fit) than if Rondo was here TBH. The other guards that are injured (Smart, Thornton, Young) are still injured either way, not by circumstance of the trade.

Nelson is a sick note. Has been for years now.

Rondo's 33 mpg are up for grabs.

Yeah, but if they're not going to waive Nelson, and he's healthy, he's not going to just sit on the bench the whole time.

They've shown they'll sit vets if they want to push another younger player more minutes.

Look at Gerald Wallace.

They've shown they'll sit vets if they want to push another younger player more minutes.

Look at Gerald Wallace.

Yeah, but that's because at this stage, Jeff Green is clearly better than Wallace. It's not really clear if Marcus Smart or Phil Pressey are any better than Nelson, even if the latter is a shell of his former self.

Personally, I would like to see them just buy Nelson out, and run full time with Smart and Avery Bradley at the guard spots, but I doubt that will happen.

Let's review Reggie Miller's night:

"Pau Gasol isn't going to get you a lot of blocks, even though he is this season".

*Jimmy Butler hits one shot* "I'm sorry Charles he's a max player".

I'd rather listen to BT.

Yeah, but that's because at this stage, Jeff Green is clearly better than Wallace. It's not really clear if Marcus Smart or Phil Pressey are any better than Nelson, even if the latter is a shell of his former self.

Personally, I would like to see them just buy Nelson out, and run full time with Smart and Avery Bradley at the guard spots, but I doubt that will happen.

Smart is out injured and they have said no more PG for AB.

I think they'll reward Turner and Pressey with more minutes at the point.

Back