@getgaff's Phantom Draft 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

love the updated draft.

Why would bombers go cockatoo over ellis?

Thanks for the feedback.

As for why Cockatoo over Ellis I see Cockatoo as just a more rounded player who has the tricks needed to debut early. Ellis although smaller in body is still strong in a contested situation but doesn't have the forward line presence that Cockatoo offers.

What's going against Ellis as well is that he couldn't test at the Combine where as Cockatoo tested well in the 20m sprint, running and standing vertical jump and recorded the best scores in the kicking test and repeat sprint. If the cards fall Essendon's way and Lamb goes to Carlton (distinct possibility) you may end up with both boys at 17 and 20.

As for Marchbank over Lamb they are similar players in that they are both taller utilities who go through the midfield but the inconsistencies in Lamb's game have seen him slide in other mock drafts. Care to elaborate on the preference of Marchbank over Lamb eth-dog as I'd be keen to know why from an Essendon fan's P.O.V.

Thanks for the feedback.

As for why Cockatoo over Ellis I see Cockatoo as just a more rounded player who has the tricks needed to debut early. Ellis although smaller in body is still strong in a contested situation but doesn't have the forward line presence that Cockatoo offers.

What's going against Ellis as well is that he couldn't test at the Combine where as Cockatoo tested well in the 20m sprint, running and standing vertical jump and recorded the best scores in the kicking test and repeat sprint. If the cards fall Essendon's way and Lamb goes to Carlton (distinct possibility) you may end up with both boys at 17 and 20.

As for Marchbank over Lamb they are similar players in that they are both taller utilities who go through the midfield but the inconsistencies in Lamb's game have seen him slide in other mock drafts. Care to elaborate on the preference of Marchbank over Lamb eth-dog as I'd be keen to know why from an Essendon fan's P.O.V.
Marchbank, while he's a tall/3rd tall defender and we have heaps of those, all have question marks over them. The big thing is settling Carlisle in one place. I can see a future at either end. Marchbank allows him to settle forward as once Gwilt retires in 2/3 years let's say (Fletcher not playing 2016) we have a 21 year old that doesn't require Carlisle to move into defence after playing 3/4 years forward.i can honestly see us losing Pears, Steinberg and Fletch next year. But, in any case, I'm fairly certain our 3 live picks will have a KPP of some description, ruck and a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back