Podcast Getting a North board podcast up

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Dan the Essendon lover who can tell us what James Hird's ladyparts taste like was asking me if I was doing a North board podcast, coz I've done a few of the "main board" ones.

I said I'd be happy to do one but don't have da mad tech skillz.

If anyone does have the tech capabilities - giantroo perhaps, though you may have work/family issues - I'd be happy to host and cordinate such a thing.

We've got plenty of excellent posters and talent here.

Would be looking for at least one regular sidekick (I'm looking at you here RoyalBlue) to partner me each show, but then we'd have regular guests and hopefully develop what we "in the industry" call furtinure - regular spots ... maybe Marstermind could do a stats thing, LT Smash could provide tidbits from the inner scrotum, Zondor could keep us ABREAST of going on at the Tender Touch, that sort of thing.

The_Wookie can help advise of the tech requirements, but what is the general consensus.

All would welcome to take part, I'm just saying I'd be happy to help get up and running and do the "on air" co-ordination.

Thoughts?

So Dan the Essendon lover who can tell us what James Hird's ladyparts taste like

Yeah thanks...

The inclusion of the podcasts on BF has been great, I'd love to have one on this board. I enjoy participating in the bay13 version and I'd participate in one on this board if I was ever invited to do so.

Although I don't think we'd have a shortage of posters wanting to get involved, the podcast does need a leader or two who speak well and knows footy.

My nominations would be...

DawOfPromotion
Tas
Twinkletoes
The Other Dean
Flawed Genius
Gasometer

In addition to those proposed above, I'd like to hear the thoughts of:

H2H
Horace
Mr R
Blackshadow
Jacko57
Hilly
Grogg
Brett33
The ZondorClokeFish franchise

Based on meetings IRL, a couple of the above have great heads for podcasting.

EDIT: And Teff, when (if?) he resurfaces.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope the idea takes off.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm sure I speak for RoyalBlue when I say bring back Kangas Corner!

We would also call on you for what will be a key weekly spot: "David Swallow is 4REALZ coming to us, and here's why."

Also, fishing with Ben10.

THE BIG INTERVIEW

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah thanks...

The inclusion of the podcasts on BF has been great, I'd love to have one on this board. I enjoy participating in the bay13 version and I'd participate in one on this board if I was ever invited to do so.

Although I don't think we'd have a shortage of posters wanting to get involved, the podcast does need a leader or two who speak well and knows footy.

My nominations would be...

DawOfPromotion
Tas
Twinkletoes
The Other Dean
Flawed Genius
Gasometer

I will cease teasing you about the Essendon stuff mate.

If we can find someone withe requisite tech skillz, you should come on the first one.

Hey The_Wookie ... can you give us a v quick rundown on what is actually required tech side of things?

I do regular podcasts at work but there I just yabber into a mike, harass some folk and then an intern or other similar type young person makes it all happen.

I know they use Audacity (both in spirit and in program terms) to make it happen.

Do we need to go to that level?

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would gladly put my hand up for it, although I probably haven't earned my stripes yet.

I reckon I could give a good player-by-player review once the season has finished.

I reckon you'd go real good and player reviews is a great idea for post season material.

We'll need something to make it a bit Northish and not just 30 minutes of us pissing ourselves at Essendon.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Reckon we have a 10 minute weekly segment where we all just agree on how good Jack Ziebell is.

And a tennis round up where Alize Cornet's results are discussed at length. Point by point if need be.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
I will cease teasing you about the Essendon stuff mate.

If we can find someone withe requisite tech skillz, you should come on the first one.

Hey The_Wookie ... can you give us a v quick rundown on what is actually required tech side of things?

I do regular podcasts at work but there I just yabber into a mike, harass some folk and then an intern or other similar type young person makes it all happen.

I know they use Audacity (both in spirit and in program terms) to make it happen.

Do we need to go to that level?

At its most basic level - (same advice i give everyone whose starting)

Equipment
- PC/MAC
- Microphone/headphones

Software
- Skype (Free)
- FreeSoundRecorder (Free) - records all sounds coming out of your pc
- Audacity (free) - audio editing software
- Windows movie maker - youtube video as needed, also free

Tips
  • make sure you have a project leader to keep casts on track.
  • personally i generally recommend 3 or 4 people max, more can get a little crowded
  • set aside about an hour for recording if going 20-30 minutes, adjust as needed.
  • have a clear set agenda beforehand, but try not to lock it too much in place, you can always edit it as needed.
  • be advised that language should be kept civilised for the sake of itunes ratings and general niceness.
Notes: Talk to Chief concerning bigfooty hosting and itunes setups. You may need a board Moderator to assist.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And a tennis round up where Alize Cornet's results are discussed at length. Point by point if need be.

Flawed Genius ... maybe I could Alize up on Twitter and see if she wants to come on the podcast.

I think she would, given our close relationship.

Back