Podcast Getting a North board podcast up

Remove this Banner Ad

This idea has merit...
I did a bit of hunting and if you guys need a hand on the technical side my profession is live audo production...dabled in a bit of studio and I own a lot of equipment.
I had a quick look into recording in different locations and this page helped me so if it helps...
http://hivelogic.com/articles/how-to-record-a-podcast-with-people-in-multiple-locations

Let me know if you guys need a hand with the mix downs...would be interested.

Tander sir, would love to assist you on this sorta thing. Need to brush up on my tech skillz for professional reasons.

sh
I'm happy to do the editing of the recorded audio if needed, have used Audacity before to make ringtones and the like, mix and match some things so have the experience. DawOfPromotion

Also have Video editing skills which could help.

herp derp, didn't see this. Tander three amigos deal?

Just had an idea that could make this high quality and also finacially affordable.
So obviously we dont know how big the panel will be but I think the best way to go would be USB mics that record straight to Garageband or Audacity etc...
Ill get some prices from wholesalers I deal with tomorrow but I would imagine that they would be around $80-$120 each mic.
So that should be the only cost involved...apart from volunteered time...instead of this costing a few maybe we could put up a pozible.com account and put it to the BF members and readers to volunteer donations to get this off the ground...A reward to the donation could be a BF leveson pre game function before a home game next year etc...maybe even some donated merch from the club...contacts...
I dunno just ideas...Thoughts?

Not at all, I know ODN, Chief and Messenger use USB Yeti Blue microphones, and they work for them (and are very sensitive), but other guys on the casts I run use a simple headset setup which works equally well.

It was more a post about people who were bagging the longevity of my posts. :p

I have had to regrettably do Skype meetings so that side of the thing isn't foreign to me, I just find podcasts to be a bit of a wank, sorry if that offends anyone. :p

It was more a post about people who were bagging the longevity of my posts. :p

I have had to regrettably do Skype meetings so that side of the thing isn't foreign to me, I just find podcasts to be a bit of a wank, sorry if that offends anyone. :p
Well all Ill say its a good idea to see who would want it and who wouldnt...save everyone a lot of time...

Well all Ill say its a good idea to see who would want it and who wouldnt...save everyone a lot of time...

I don't get it, is it just like general s**t but you just listen to people instead of read it? People do not have the attention span to read 3 paragraphs, how long is the podcast going to go for, 5 seconds? :p

I don't get it, is it just like general s**t but you just listen to people instead of read it? People do not have the attention span to read 3 paragraphs, how long is the podcast going to go for, 5 seconds? :p
Valid points...I know that I would listen to it...

Not at all, I know ODN, Chief and Messenger use USB Yeti Blue microphones, and they work for them (and are very sensitive), but other guys on the casts I run use a simple headset setup which works equally well.
How do you find the popularity with the Carlton Podcast Mr Wookie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah shounds good mate.
We may even be able to design a new way to achieve quality results haha...maybe even a new teleportation device!

I'll start drawing up consent forms for our hosts to sign.

We're right on the cutting edge of podcast science here at the North Melbourne BF podcast.

I'll start drawing up consent forms for our hosts to sign.

We're right on the cutting edge of podcast science here at the North Melbourne BF podcast.
I'll clear it all with the local radio authorities.

In all seriousness, i think a pod cast would be great. If it got big enough we could potentially get the club Involved in some official capacity. I would listen to a north board podcast for sure.

From some dealing with the Bay 13 podcast, the key thing is to have an undercurrent of humour throughout the podcast. Also need a strong "straight man " to counterbalance the other 3-4 contributors.

Dan is excellent and I would recommend him.

I would listen. Would be good to get a weekly insightful commentary on North.

Would be good if the club helped out eventually...perhaps a different person from the club could join each week. They'd probably want Mazda mentioned somewhere. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back