Universal Love Getting to know your fellow Adelaide posters

Remove this Banner Ad

10.What is your most prized afc possesion?

30v25bc.jpg

I don't believe that's authentic. Post it to my PO Box so I can check it myself. ;)

1.What age did you start following the club?
I was 9, and, surprisingly, still a virgin.

2.Why did you go for the AFC?
My old man did, so I did. I feel for the dads out there whose sons go for a different team. That must be a tough pill to swallow.

3.Who is your favourite past player?
McLeod.

4.Who is your favourite current player?
Lewis Joh........ I mean, Tex.

5.First Adelaide game you attended?
The trial game against Essendon in 1991. If this wasn't the first Crows game you attended, your credbility as a supporter is in question. No, I'm just kidding. But if you were at this game, big bonus points.

6.What was your favourite grand final moment?
"McLeod, brilliantly done.....to Johnson.....Johnson goes..aaaaaaaaanddddd........... They're back! THEY'RE BACK!"

7.What was the most heart breaking loss?
I still have the occasional nightmare about the 2006 prelim. All the finals losses since that one have just been salt on an open wound.

8.What was the best ever AFC game you watched?
I reckon the 1998 prelim is the most underrated performance in the club's history. Everyone wants to talk about the 1997 prelim, but what we did in 1998 was just as good. And what sort of a midfielder kicks seven goals in a prelim?

9.What are your thoughts about Phil Walsh?
Ask me in 12-36 months.

I'm not all that big on memorabilia. I prefer a memorable-labia.

If that last answer gets me carded, I'll see you all in two weeks.

8yo in 1991.

I was born with red and blue blood from the parade. But this was the Adelaide team in the big league. Who else would you support?

McLeod, Roo, Modra, Vardy, Liptak.

Taylor Walker.

Adelaide v Brisbane Bears - round 14 1991.

I was in standing room in the Southern Stand. Every goal of that last quarter will remain with me. That and Ron Barrassi saying "Go you crows" to me on the way to the tennis centre.

Prelim 2006, Prelim 2012, Semi 2009, Prelim 1993 in that order.

First showdown in 2000. Was my 18th bday and Roo delivered with about 45 touches and 4 goals.

Honourable mentions go to:
1997 Prelim.
2002 "home" semi vs Melbourne.
2013 vs NM at docklands
2012 vs Carlton at docklands. I was at this game and it is still the cleanest demolition of a football side I can remember. Soft draw or not, we played some outstanding football in 2012.
1993 home vs NM. Modra with the mark and 10.0. High scoring come from behind win.

Said all the right things so far. The people I know that know him personally (all being Port people), are jealous and devastated that he crossed the border over West Lakes Blvd. That's a good enough start for me, but I'm not 100% sold until the Ws start rolling in.

1997 GF ticket
Copious amounts of match worn guernseys.
Anything that doesn't have a raptor shredder logo on it.

It would of been amazing to go to the 97 prelim

yeh. i didn't get to that one live as logistics meant we could only travel interstate for 1 game in 97 - took a punt that we'd make the GF and it paid off, but like most people here, have watched it about 300 times. i went to the 98 prelim though which again was an absolute crisp display of football.

1.What age did you start following the club? - 14
2.Why did you go for the AFC? - Mum threatened to make me walk home from west lakes to somerton park when i was still a collingwood fan
3.Who is your favourite past player? - Roo
4.Who is your favourite current player? - sloanedawg
5.First Adelaide game you attended? - vs swans at scg 1991
6.What was your favourite grand final moment? - bondy's celebration in 97
7.What was the most heart breaking loss? - 2004 afl gf......oh , showdown 1 , big lead blown vs bulldogs , Massie on Franklin game
8.What was the best ever AFC game you watched? - 97 prelim , the showdown when port went the biff , 02 qualy vs dees ,
9.What are your thoughts about Phil Walsh? - Hope he doesn't tolerate sulking marquee players........................
10.What is your most prized afc possesion? - original #2 guernsey ( that's sleeveless :eek: )

Questions:

1.What age did you start following the club? 6

2.Why did you go for the AFC? Lived in north Freo but was born in adelaide. Followed east freo until the crows came onboard.

3.Who is your favourite past player? Johncock, Hart and Modra in that order

4.Who is your favourite current player? Toss up between Talia, smith and Jacobs

5.First Adelaide game you attended? Crows v Eagles at subiaco. Can't remember if it was 91,92 or 93

6.What was your favourite grand final moment? I don't think anyone can go passed Jarmens last quarter

Crows vs pies 2009 final. Just sitting there and watching that descion against a Rutten. The pain has never left.

8.What was the best ever AFC game you watched? Crows v doggies prelim. Fing amazing comeback. We were tough back then.

9.What are your thoughts about Phil Walsh? Hopfully return us to our former glory days.

1991 afc scarf and number 18 guernsey for the mighty johncock!!!!

My first Crows match was in 1994 when I was 4, I fell asleep but fell in love with the club shortly after.

Family. Dad was heavily involved in the Sturt football club and when Adelaide was formed in 91 it was an easy choice for him.

Easily Andrew McLeod. Majestic. A privilege to watch.

Tex. I was big on him since I saw him play for Norwood when he was 17. So thrilled about his appointment as club captain.

Round 9, 1994 v Hawthorn at Footy Park.

Jarman's goal square snap - followed closely by the final siren of both games.

2006 Preliminary Final v West Coast, absolutely shattering.

I can't pick out a single game, but there was a Showdown where we were without a bench for a good part of the game (no thanks to Port's snipers) and we somehow found a way to get up.

Ask me in a few months. Early signs seem to be good and I'm loving his team success philosophy. Any guy that can impress Fages will no doubt impress me.

Signed Andrew McLeod guernsey.

1.What age did you start following the club? From day 1, I was 23
2.Why did you go for the AFC? Follow on from SoO, Kick a Vic
3.Who is your favourite past player? Roo
4.Who is your favourite current player? Sloane
5.First Adelaide game you attended? Trial v Essendon
6.What was your favourite grand final moment? 97 DJ's snap over his left shoulder... Ive watched it 100 times and I still cant work out how the ball ended up in his hands - he was destined to win us that game.
7.What was the most heart breaking loss? Toss up between 93 prelim and 09 semi
8.What was the best ever AFC game you watched? I cant remember the year but the game at Footy Park against Hawks when a young Macca dribbled one through from the pocket to win us the game.
9.What are your thoughts about Phil Walsh? Much needed, hopefully the walk matches the talk.
10.What is your most prized afc possesion? Crows jumper got for my son signed by Fud, made more special by the fact that I know he was hungover and semi-naked in bed when he signed it :)

Since it was launched.
Adelaide Born. I come from a family of Norwood footballers.
Andrew McLeod ( however so hard to pick one )
Daniel Talia is very important to us. I think Tex will be a good captain.
I do not recall the exact date but it was against Collingwood. Try to get down to Adelaide once a year to see a game.
Jarman enough said.
There is a few. Games: 2009 Semi Final. The loss of Trent Hentschel what a horrific injury and the 2001 Brownlow - that year was Andrew Mcleods.
I enjoy all the show downs. Across the border I enjoy Eddie McPiefaces expressions when they lose especially to us.
Early days.
I was an avid collector and unfortunately my home was broken into and I lost everything. Gradually re building. I love this little trinket.
crow trinket.jpg crow trinket.jpg

Around 3 years old when they formed and my parents started supporting them.

Parents, but i'm sure I would have ended up supporting the greatest team on earth anyway.

Andy McLeod, just fantastic! Entertainment plus...

Probably Tex, when he's on, he's excitement...

Not sure, many years ago at footy park.

Darren Jarman, 1997, 5 goals in last quarter.

There's a couple but in recent history it was the 2012 Prelim in which we should have won.

There's a few there. Apart from the excitement of the 97 finals and the 98 GF... Probably one of the showdowns when Roo was playing, or the last part of the indigenous round when Patrenko kicked the winner.

Like the fresh no bullshit approach, think he has the toughness to make the club a powerhouse again.

I had a hat and a scarf with a bunch of signatures on it from 95-97, but now my most prized is my singing crows teddy bear that my little girl takes everywhere, it's tattered but she loves it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 years old, first year of the footy club. Went to every home game with the old man, fond memories of picking up torn up bits of newspaper off the ground and re-chucking it in to the sky.

Followed the family lead, local boy who loves the town and was born in to a Port Adelaide hating environment from my old man's previous Sturt ties.

Kllllllluuuuuuuug. John Klug. Absolute ripper, shame about the knees.

Sloaney, would boof him

Crows V Hawthorn 1991

1998, Jarman laying out Byron Pickett

2012 Prelim, was watching it with Crows-hating mates, was hard not to bash them.

2001 I think it was. Crows V Carlton and it absolutely bucketed down and Roo had a day out, including a wicked bodyslam on Lance Whitnall who I absolutely despised. Year could be wrong. Know it was at Optus Oval (Now VISY)

Have to wait and see, doesn't seem the spin doctor type, but we've been burned before.

Signed Tony Modra AFL 'Up there Cazaly' card.

Will probably hang on to it forever.

Probably around 95, when I was 9 - but I was only a very casual fan of footy until I turned 21 and moved to Sydney. Living in a city where all they talked about was rugby, suddenly I really started missing AFL. Been a mad fan ever since.

From Adelaide, and my dad went for the Crows.

Roo

Sloane

Adelaide v Carlton at AAMI Stadium, Round 4 2010. We got flogged.

The whole last quarter from 97.

09 Semi Final v Collingwood.

On TV? 97 Prelim against the Dogs. Best game I've attended would probably be the thursday night Collingwood game at Adelaide Oval last year. Atmosphere was incredible.

I really like his attitude and everything I've heard so far - I'm just keen for the season to start so we can see how it all translates on to the field. Love the appointment of Tex as captain.

My daughters crows themed birth certificate. I signed her up as a baby member about 5 hours after she was born.

Year 8 - since inception

Glenelg fan - Stringer brothers taught me how to handball

John Klug

Brodie Martin - NOT

1997 - St Kilda; Footy Park

All of them!

2012 Prelim - surrounded by Hawks supporters @ MCG

97' Prelim vs Doggies

Needs to win us our next flag

Framed Glenelg/Crows guernseys

When it was formed - was 18yo
The only club in town basically (didn't take too long to get over my disappointment that it wouldn't be Norwood)
Bungee and D Jarman.
No one really, But I hope to be hearing "Jacobs to Dangerfield to Walker" for a few more years...
Round 20 1991, v West Coast - we lost
Every single thing Jarman did in the last quarter of 1997
2009 semi final v Collingwood. How the hell couldn't we hold the lead after the Tippett goal. And that was no fricken free against Anthony (yeah, it was but... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrkkkkkkkk)
EDIT:
Just went back and looked at a YouTube clip of the match. Yep, still hurts.
Not sure. Was there when Modra took the mark of the year, that sticks out.
If we can't win under him, we're stuffed.
1997 Premiership stubbie holder

Last edited:
1998, mates at school were bragging the crows would beat North, I joined in, watched bits and pieces while on holiday in Launceston and the rest is history.

Friends at the time, bragging rights, Jarman Mcleod Smart... Primary Colours, its the team for all South Australians, u cant get any further south than Tasmania ;)

Ian Callinan takes that for what he did for me, 30 signatures on my flag in 2011, Darren Jarman 2nd McLeod 3rd Mods then Carey

Brodie Smith from Talia, Tex Sauce & Betts

2000 Round 10 Essendon vs Adelaide at Docklands

Jarmans 5th and / bonds 4th goal in 97

on TV, 2003 round 7 Adelaide vs Collingwood followed by all 4 prelims 12, 06, 93, 05
live 2000 Round 10 Essendon vs Adelaide at Docklands, 2013 Round 15 Adelaide vs West Coast at Football Park

on TV 2013 Round 9 vs North Melbourne, followed by 1997 prelim and grand final
Live was again 2000 Round 10 Essendon vs Adelaide at Docklands... never been to a win 0-7

TBA, though I look forward to seeing his tactical work in play

My collection of Adelaide Crows footage, I hope with a little help by years end I will have every home and away game, final and pre season game in full

Remove this Banner Ad

Back