Rumour GFC 2016 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are fit to work from 18 to 65. By not working for the majority of those years you are creating a smaller capital and services base than otherwise would be available for society to use. A person who worked for 40 odd years, supporting dependents and now just retired would have the right to be mighty pissed if a large potion of the generation after him decided to retire at 45 and live off capital rents. It would force prices of services that that person requires to sky rocket which is equivalent to stealing part of his super.
meh I still would prefer people to do that than people that have no desire to work at all and just will live off benefits forever, I mean there are people on this site, this board even who will likely do that.. they are they ones who don't contribute IMO

slightly off topic :D

That said we are a mile away from the next trade period so this thread will be filled with a lot of fluff for a while!

Will be interesting to see the attitude of banned Bombers players... and if any will want a fresh start and to move on

meh I still would prefer people to do that than people that have no desire to work at all and just will live off benefits forever, I mean there are people on this site, this board even who will likely do that.. they are they ones who don't contribute IMO

slightly off topic :D

That said we are a mile away from the next trade period so this thread will be filled with a lot of fluff for a while!

Will be interesting to see the attitude of banned Bombers players... and if any will want a fresh start and to move on
Yes not saying they are the only ones or even the worst as atleast they contribute during part of their working age to get where they can buy houses. It just ticks me off that people aspire to retiring ridiculously early without any consideration for the impacts on others. People who go travelling for 10 years while still young, people who dole bludge (not saying that all welfare receipiants are bludgers though as their is legitimate welfare), people who don't work and live off their partners income (not counting people who look after young children), people who do five different degrees and never use it to contribute. They come from all walks of life. They all reduce the standard of living for the rest of us.

Now back on topic. Is this the thread talking about the hawthorn game, Chris Scott, Mackies slowness or was it the one talking about how awesome kernahan was?

He took unders from Geelong to stay the WB were offering around 750-800k
I'm aware. Hence making the ridiculous statement of 1.25 Mil so funny. They also offered 3 years forcing Geelong to give him 2.

I'd say it's definitely a factor.

If he does if I were him I'd go to Freo because of the older guys all starting to finish up JOM would be the No.2 or No.3 midfielder behind Fyfe (and possibly Neale/Bennell). West Coast has a very good midfield coming through.

Jesus Christ. O'Meara could be only the 3rd best in a midfield? You'd be better off just forfeiting all clearances from a Neale, Fyfe, Bennell and O'Meara side and save your energy!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOM would be nice but I'd rather Kade Kolo.

Imagine a backline in 3 years Henderson CHB, Taylor FB (if still playing), then Jake Kolo & perhaps Gardner on the back flanks with Thurlow & Kade Kolo providing the run & good ball use on the rebound :thumbsu:

Them losing JOM would only make getting KK harder. They will have to lose someone , and only so many dollars.
But Id say our chance of getting either is low..id put it as improbable to not quite impossible....unless we really give away to much to get one of them.

KK was a early pick... earlier than Cocky. Has played more than him. It would take a player like that plus a high pick to get him.

Obviously a few people want to... Carlise this year for one.... but id have to say there would be a few clubs id have in front of them.
He wanted to go to Carlton but they wouldn't give him a big contract, so he cracked the shits. Saints got sucked in to paying him big money and he chose them. He's a w***er.

Them losing JOM would only make getting KK harder. They will have to lose someone , and only so many dollars.
But Id say our chance of getting either is low..id put it as improbable to not quite impossible....unless we really give away to much to get one of them.

KK was a early pick... earlier than Cocky. Has played more than him. It would take a player like that plus a high pick to get him.

I don't think we would get him. Was just saying who I'd rather go after out of JOM & KK and what it may look like if we did get KK.

Some said GFC were reckless in spending and trading with little negotiation ( I wasn't one of them ) I thought they Targeted who and what they wanted and got the business done. I think The Saints blew it a bit, they did nothing but tit for tat with the Dons for 8 or 9 days for Carlyle, letting a lot of talent slip away, Did they not take into consideration WADA. Does Carlyle still get paid for the year. And Carlyle then tapes himself snorting something before he's even kicked a ball, The Saints r well known for wasting money. I think Essendon were the biggest winner here. BTW did they do a hair drug test on him to find out what he was taking.

Given the choice, which I personally feel wont ever be presented to us, Id take KK over JOM. The knees worry me a lot and KK, whilst not as high potential ceiling, to me seems the safer bet. Would luv it but the cost will be WAY above where we can go.

Even if he nominates us and nothing else, which I have no reason to believe he will, Im still not sure we could offer enough to meet the demands for him.

Go Catters

Some said GFC were reckless in spending and trading with little negotiation ( I wasn't one of them ) I thought they Targeted who and what they wanted and got the business done. I think The Saints blew it a bit, they did nothing but tit for tat with the Dons for 8 or 9 days for Carlyle, letting a lot of talent slip away, Did they not take into consideration WADA. Does Carlyle still get paid for the year. And Carlyle then tapes himself snorting something before he's even kicked a ball, The Saints r well known for wasting money. I think Essendon were the biggest winner here. BTW did they do a hair drug test on him to find out what he was taking.
Your post is a bit inconsistent. On one hand you are saying they should of given up overs to get the deal done then you start talking about giving up to much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back