Rumour GFC 2016 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like hot cross buns appearing in supermarkets, silly season happens earlier and earlier around here, huh?
Good luck next year when we start the 2017 and 18 list management threads simultaneously. Muhahahaha

and yeah infuriating that it starts in January :straining:

That was my opinion in 2015- was laughed at- but I'll stick to it.
I wouldn't laugh at you, but Blitz doesn't have the freakish ability of the other two. Out and out gun though.

It is fanciful to think Geelong will be able to get anyone that is above the minimum wage.

We will lose lonergan and enright (both on very good money) at years end plus possibly bartel.and selwood and hawk go on the vets list in 2017.we definitely have room for a decent player.

The bigger issue is that we have no first round pick to trade unless we trade picks or players to get back into the first round (which i think we will try to).

We will lose lonergan and enright (both on very good money) at years end plus possibly bartel.and selwood and hawk go on the vets list in 2017.we definitely have room for a decent player.

The bigger issue is that we have no first round pick to trade unless we trade picks or players to get back into the first round (which i think we will try to).
I am very interested in the plans going forward. Despite how some here seem to think that all our trading/drafting of late is poor management I have no doubt that we are working on plans years in advance. They will know what they want to achieve at the end of this season, and have an idea what they want to achieve at the end of next season.

I genuinely have no idea what to expect, but I am fascinated by the prospects that is for sure.

You'd think with the retirements et al that there could still be movement of some sort.

Perhaps not as large as this year but certainly enough SC space to look at something..
Of course, there is also the train of thought that SC consolidation after a big year and focusing internally with those already on the list could be the best option.
Nice to have options either way.

Go Catters

I agree its less about money as collateral to get the deal done... and from this pov its probably going to be difficult. And do we want to get into the first round. I cant see us getting a R1 back without losing a best 22 player. One just doesn't get early picks now without giving away wanted players

People are fit to work from 18 to 65. By not working for the majority of those years you are creating a smaller capital and services base than otherwise would be available for society to use. A person who worked for 40 odd years, supporting dependents and now just retired would have the right to be mighty pissed if a large potion of the generation after him decided to retire at 45 and live off capital rents. It would force prices of services that that person requires to sky rocket which is equivalent to stealing part of his super.
Come on,you're joking right? Or are you just a joke?

And we kept SJ after he "failed" medicals at Pies/Dons.
Not only J Selwood and SJ,we also drafted Travis Varcoe who had serious foot issues at the time,and don't forget
Nakia Cockatoo played only one game in 2014 and was considered a risk.
Fact is Geelong have done this numerous times.

Not only J Selwood and SJ,we also drafted Travis Varcoe who had serious foot issues at the time,and don't forget
Nakia Cockatoo played only one game in 2014 and was considered a risk.
Fact is Geelong have done this numerous times.
With mostly pleasing results

Come on,you're joking right? Or are you just a joke?
Not discussing this anymore as it's clearly the wrong thread. Next time though keep to attacking the post and not the poster. Poor form. Providing reasons also help and if you don't have reasons but just don't like the vibe of it then maybe you should reevaluate your opinion on the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List of free agents, which is realistically all we'd probably be able to go after given our lack of picks. Even then I doubt we'll have the cap space to land a "star"...

Adelaide
Scott Thompson - Unrestricted (12 years)

Nathan Van Berlo - Unrestricted (12 years)

Brisbane
Daniel Rich - Restricted (8 years)
Daniel Merrett - Unrestricted (14 years)

Carlton
Kade Simpson - Unrestricted (14 years)

Collingwood
Jarryd Blair - Restricted (8 years)
Steele Sidebottom - Restricted (8 years)
Nathan Brown - Unrestricted (10 years)
Brent Macaffer - Unrestricted (9 years)

Dane Swan - Unrestricted (15 years)

Alan Toovey - Unrestricted (12 years)

Essendon
Cale Hooker - Restricted (9 years)
David Myers - Restricted (9 years)
Heath Hocking - Unrestricted (11 years)
Brent Stanton - Unrestricted (13 years)

Jobe Watson - Unrestricted (14 years)

Fremantle
Zac Clarke - Restricted (8 years)
Chris Mayne - Restricted (9 years)
Clancee Pearce - Restricted (8 years)
Aaron Sandilands - Unrestricted (15 years)

Geelong
Jimmy Bartel - Unrestricted (15 years)

Corey Enright - Unrestricted (17 years)
Tom Lonergan - Unrestricted (14 years)

Gold Coast
nil

GWS
nil

Hawthorn
Luke Hodge - Unrestricted (15 years)
Sam Mitchell - Unrestricted (15 years)

Melbourne
Jack Grimes - Restricted (9 years)
Neville Jetta - Restricted (8 years)
Jake Spencer - Restricted (9 years)

Jack Watts - Restricted (8 years)

North Melbourne
Brent Harvey - Unrestricted (21 years)
Lindsay Thomas - Unrestricted (10 years)

Daniel Wells - Unrestricted (14 years)

Port Adelaide
Paul Stewart - Unrestricted (10 years)

Richmond
Tyrone Vickery - Restricted (8 years)

St Kilda
Sean Dempster - Restricted (9 years)
Sam Fisher - Unrestricted (13 years)
Jarryn Geary - Unrestricted (10 years)
Leigh Montagna- Unrestricted (15 years)
Nick Riewoldt - Unrestricted (16 years)

Sydney
Kieren Jack - Unrestricted (10 years)
Nick Smith - Unrestricted (10 years)

West Coast
Josh Kennedy - Restricted (9 years)
Chris Masten - Restricted (9 years)
Mitch Brown - Unrestricted (10 years)
Sam Butler - Unrestricted (13 years)
Matt Priddis- Unrestricted (11 years)

Will Schofield - Unrestricted (10 years)

Western Bulldogs
Matthew Boyd - Unrestricted (15 years)
Will Minson - Unrestricted (15 years)
Dale Morris - Unrestricted (12 years)
Robert Murphy - Unrestricted (17 years)

Not a whole heap of names there that are viable options for us, imo.
Cezz The Catter

If Menegola is a success , i wonder if we a more likely to trade out than in. I doubt we will want to miss the first round two years in a row.

The question Id put to those who place themselves on the same plateau as our List management team... just how much pain would be tolerable to get that R1 pick? Would it be acceptable to give up a best 22 player in his prime to get the pick?

If Menegola is a success , i wonder if we a more likely to trade out than in. I doubt we will want to miss the first round two years in a row.

The question Id put to those who place themselves on the same plateau as our List management team... just how much pain would be tolerable to get that R1 pick? Would it be acceptable to give up a best 22 player in his prime to get the pick?
What or whom do you have in mind? What degrees of success are we talking in regards to Menegola?
Motlop would get us a handy pick in 2 years time
Nice fishing bro....

Not sure if trolling or serious

I think Bobby_ was serious & I can see where he is coming from too. As talented as Motlop is, I understand in 2 years when his deal is up he'll hopefully be even better & we offer him more $$$ of course. But if he decides he still wants to leave for crazy $$$ then we should get at least a Top 10 pick for him (or perhaps 2 picks in the 10-25 range).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back