GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

To stop all the talk about how much a player in any league gets paid per game, just do what Ammos do and give them a car instead eg Ben Lavars. Can't put that in a salary cap.
But there is no salary cap so how would that change anything?!

To be honest mate you would have no idea and neither does anyone. You can't judge a bloke by how much you "heard" he's getting paid.

Well i know he was on $1000 a game at St Albans & im not judging him im just saying others will if he isn't performing

did he get a car?
Apparently so Urgot, from that bloke called "a good source". What I meant about salary cap was that there is no point having one (It didn't come out right when I wrote it.) So to stop people giving estimates of payments made to players on this forum (which seems to annoy Falsenine), some of which I reckon are accurate though, just pay every player $100 a week, then give them cars, pay rent etc. etc. and put it in the wife's name. Ben Lavars car is probably registered to Mrs Lavars.

Went to St Mary's vs Joeys. Joeys are a serious football side. They should have won by 100+ but didn't kick straight

I told you St Marys are bad. McPhee played alright though.
McPhee was serviceable. St Mary's have talent but look unfit and slow. Couldn't work out why Banjanin played forward most of the day considering ball wasn't anywhere near there. What you think of joeys Urgot

McPhee was serviceable. St Mary's have talent but look unfit and slow. Couldn't work out why Banjanin played forward most of the day considering ball wasn't anywhere near there. What you think of joeys Urgot

Joeys are a show in to win it. They have awesome forwards who are very hard to match up on, good talls and smalls. As well as a terrific backline, plus they still have vfl players to come in. Cant see them being beaten this year at all.

In regards to Banjanin, I think it was that damian hoares 200th game so they gave him more ruck time.....

Lara are really bad.

West had a lot of injuries to key players and to come away with a 12 goal win despite playing some of their worst football for the year says they are every bit as bad as it seems.

Lara are really bad.

West had a lot of injuries to key players and to come away with a 12 goal win despite playing some of their worst football for the year says they are every bit as bad as it seems.

thanks for the obvious captain obvious

Joeys are a show in to win it. They have awesome forwards who are very hard to match up on, good talls and smalls. As well as a terrific backline, plus they still have vfl players to come in. Cant see them being beaten this year at all.

In regards to Banjanin, I think it was that damian hoares 200th game so they gave him more ruck time.....

Urgot no team is a shoe in to win it. Anything can happen in finals and they will definitely get beaten this season but obviously they are clear favorites and deservingly so especially IF they get there vfl players qualified which may not happen & I think they are weak in the ruck department which could be costly in big games.

Are Lara worse then any team ever? including North Shore the last few years before this year and Grovedale back in 2012?

Speaking of Grovedale, very impressing performance up until 3qtr time, Leopold would have been super disappointed with the performance though which no puts them back in the pack.

Lara are really bad.

Maybe they played ordinary because Lara played well in the first half. Don't bag out Clubs that are having a crack ! Give that Club another Year and you will see results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they played ordinary because Lara played well in the first half. Don't bag out Clubs that are having a crack ! Give that Club another Year and you will see results.

It's not bagging them out, it's an observation.

Lara played ok in the first half but it was West creating turnovers from their own average play and not working hard enough that let Lara in. Once their disposal improved and the work rate lifted they blew them away.

We've been having a crack for years. Doesn't mean the players we had running around then we're any good.

It's not bagging them out, it's an observation.

Lara played ok in the first half but it was West creating turnovers from their own average play and not working hard enough that let Lara in. Once their disposal improved and the work rate lifted they blew them away.

We've been having a crack for years. Doesn't mean the players we had running around then we're any good.
Disagree mate watched the whole game, Lara applied a lot of pressure and that's why they made mistakes. During the 3rd quarter Lara dropped away and GWSP were to good and finished off clearly the better side.

Relton Roberts coming in now. With the points system coming in next year the Geelong West side will not be able to stay together at all. Not sustainable and have to ask is it worth it? Sure they are competetive this year but what's gonna happen in 2016??

Relton Roberts coming in now. With the points system coming in next year the Geelong West side will not be able to stay together at all. Not sustainable and have to ask is it worth it? Sure they are competetive this year but what's gonna happen in 2016??

He'd only be a 3 point player. We have no 5 or 6 point players.

What makes you think our list would accumulate anymore points than other squads?

He'd only be a 3 point player. We have no 5 or 6 point players.

What makes you think our list would accumulate anymore points than other squads?

4 point players - played TAC, Neafl or Tassie league
Cox-Goodyear, Ponting, Bohm, Bohm, smith, Hodge

3 pointers - senior community footballers - played all senior football in last 3 years
Symes, Richardson, all the indigenous boys, McCartney
The problem your going to have is all your senior players at the moment aren't juniors. These are the one point players that have played more than 40 junior games. Where are they??

4 point players - played TAC, Neafl or Tassie league
Cox-Goodyear, Ponting, Bohm, Bohm, smith, Hodge

Mitch Bohm, How are you giving him 4 points?

And the rest, they are 4 point players this season, they will be 3 point players next year if they stay at the club. Except probably Cox-Goodyear and Hodge.

3 pointers - senior community footballers - played all senior football in last 3 years
Symes, Richardson, all the indigenous boys, McCartney
The problem your going to have is all your senior players at the moment aren't juniors. These are the one point players that have played more than 40 junior games. Where are they??

Eastman, Kelly, Frangos, Toohey to name a few getting senior games are 1 pointers.

I doubt many of those indigenous boys will be back next season anyway. So there's a heap of points removed.

I doubt many of those indigenous boys will be back next season anyway. So there's a heap of points removed.
This is my original point Gus. Not sustainable and is it worth paying them for this year when they won't be here next year. Wouldn't you rather put time into some kids

This is my original point Gus. Not sustainable and is it worth paying them for this year when they won't be here next year. Wouldn't you rather put time into some kids

They arent getting paid much.

If you knew the West system they put a hell of a lot time into kids as they are behind the 8 ball big time for junior numbers compared to some of the cashed up and geographically lucky teams.

In fact they probably have to work harder than anyone to get juniors to the club given the club dense area they are in.

We didn't have an u/18 side last year due to being short u/18 players. Of course some teams have 3 sides, which of course is great for them, bad for local football in the long run.

Guys the points system is going to allow for players already at clubs or under contract for 2016. They have been told contracts must be ahered to or leagues/Afl vic could be taken to court as a contract is a contract..
Interesting times ahead, so stay tuned..

Guys the points system is going to allow for players already at clubs or under contract for 2016. They have been told contracts must be ahered to or leagues/Afl vic could be taken to court as a contract is a contract..
Interesting times ahead, so stay tuned..
Does anyone else feel that Interleague footy is becoming irrelevant, and not really that interesting anymore? So many players pull out for various reasons, so leagues are sending teams that aren't really representing them or doing them justice. Would all these players that have pulled out, from all 3 Geelong leagues, be unavailable this weekend if it was a normal club round? I don't think so. Also I thought that AFL Barwon was going to penalise any player that didn't commit to interleague, without a legitimate reason. I know for myself that I'd prefer to be watching a local footy game this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back