GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

We get it, he's a great bloke. But at least 2 clubs have suffered by his presence, in that he can't train because of work, then plays unfit, doesn't perform, gets injured and then misses games. Does he hand back his substantial paycheck when he lets these teams down?, No. He's just another money hungry AFL hack who should give it away (But a great bloke).
An AFL hack who managed 223 more league games than you.

An AFL hack who managed 223 more league games than you.
Are u in love with this bloke? He wasn't a hack during his 223 games, he's a hack now, whilst he is ripping off your club. Can't u see that? Falsenine, falsenine, falsenine once again u have come up with the most boring comment of the week award. Keep up the good work.

My ladder at the end of the year.

St Joesphs
Newtown
Colac
Grovedale
St Albans

And yes I didn't think l would say this but Leopold will miss out.
Sorry boys.

Well I'm glad you asked vampire.
I going to be super confident like you and say Newtown won't drop another game.
And that Colac will loose to St Joesphs & Newtown....hahaha see it's that easy. ;)

You're obviously a Newtown supporter ? Disappointing result really considering Newtown were probably on top for long periods but just stopped in the last quarter, the game could've nearly been over at half time but Newtown allowed Grovey to kick a few quick ones and remain close before the tiges made there move in the last quarter. I thoughts Forbes was out for the year ? And I would've thought betts is a long shot to play again this year. Still Newtown are a very handy side and should be around the mark towards finals time.

You're obviously a Grovegale supporter ? Disappointing result really considering Grovedale were probably on top for long periods but just stopped in the last quarter, the game could've nearly been over at half time but Grovedale allowed Colac to kick a few quick ones and remain close before the tiges made there move in the last quarter.

Sorry Inspector Rex...I couldn't let this one go through to the keeper.

Well I'm glad you asked vampire.
I going to be super confident like you and say Newtown won't drop another game.
And that Colac will loose to St Joesphs & Newtown....hahaha see it's that easy. ;)

Haha well Colac are 2 games and % clear of Newtown and they have Marys, South Barwon, Lara and G/west the next 4 weeks so im gunna predict Colac cant lose 2nd spot

West Saints are down to the bare bones squad wise.

With Cox-Goodyear slinking back off to Tassie and 90% of the Indigenous lads told not to come back plus the big injury list it's looking a bit bleak down there.

Battled hard against Newtown but Newtown just had too much experience and class over West.

You're obviously a Grovegale supporter ? Disappointing result really considering Grovedale were probably on top for long periods but just stopped in the last quarter, the game could've nearly been over at half time but Grovedale allowed Colac to kick a few quick ones and remain close before the tiges made there move in the last quarter.

Sorry Inspector Rex...I couldn't let this one go through to the keeper.

I finally get a reply off you and I'm not surprised that you haven't bothered to answer my question. Yeah I do follow Grovey and yes it was a disappointing result on Saturday. Grovedale dominated the first 10 minutes of the game and the last 10 minutes before half time but Colac always looked dangerous. I thought at 3/4 time with Grovey a few points up that they might've won the game as they were kicking towards the end where majority of goals were kicked in the first 3 quarters. Unfortunately Costello went down with an ankle injury at the start of the 4th plus losing a young bloke with a hammy in the first quarter and Colac ended up running the game out a lot better. Games was still in the balance until deep into the last but Colac kicked a couple late ones. One thing that I did notice was the difference in ball use between both sides. If erskine played for Colac or Joeys he'd kick a lot more goals I reckon, was a big difference between the delivery he was getting from his midfielders compared to what McGuane was getting from the Colac mids.

I still think Joeys, Colac and Grovey will be top 3, followed by your mob and probably St Albans

With Cox-Goodyear slinking back off to Tassie and 90% of the Indigenous lads told not to come back plus the big injury list it's looking a bit bleak down there.

Battled hard against Newtown but Newtown just had too much experience and class over West.

What happened with Cox-Goodyear ? He came with pretty big wraps didn't he ? And what about the indigenous boys ? It's a shame that the recruiting hasn't worked but where do West go from here, is there many promising juniors coming thru at the moment ?

What happened with Cox-Goodyear ? He came with pretty big wraps didn't he ? And what about the indigenous boys ? It's a shame that the recruiting hasn't worked but where do West go from here, is there many promising juniors coming thru at the moment ?

Not sure why CGY went back, will find out though. Was a very good player and is a big loss.

The Indigenous lads were allowed to head back up to the NT for a function and missed a plane back and that started a few issues relating to attitude and commitment. There is still one of the NT lads down here however who knows how long he'll stick it out without his mates here.

West have had a 15 year old running around against Newtown in his second senior game. Given his age he performed pretty well. Though I am biased as I played juniors football with his Dad.

There are a few other promising players coming through the junior ranks. However West don't have the ability to draw huge numbrs for juniors given the football geography of the area. But the kids they have they look after really well.

Watched st albans v st marys this week, FIRST TIME ALL SEASON ST MARYS ACTUALLY SHOWED SOME FIGHT......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I finally get a reply off you and I'm not surprised that you haven't bothered to answer my question. Yeah I do follow Grovey and yes it was a disappointing result on Saturday. Grovedale dominated the first 10 minutes of the game and the last 10 minutes before half time but Colac always looked dangerous. I thought at 3/4 time with Grovey a few points up that they might've won the game as they were kicking towards the end where majority of goals were kicked in the first 3 quarters. Unfortunately Costello went down with an ankle injury at the start of the 4th plus losing a young bloke with a hammy in the first quarter and Colac ended up running the game out a lot better. Games was still in the balance until deep into the last but Colac kicked a couple late ones. One thing that I did notice was the difference in ball use between both sides. If erskine played for Colac or Joeys he'd kick a lot more goals I reckon, was a big difference between the delivery he was getting from his midfielders compared to what McGuane was getting from the Colac mids.

I still think Joeys, Colac and Grovey will be top 3, followed by your mob and probably St Albans

I don't really think Newtown will end up second but you just never know.
They're more likely to end up third l think or fourth if things don't go their way.

l just want to rattle a few chains because it's to quiet on here :) all in fun.
And for anyone to get within 20 points of Colac down there is a good effort in my opinion.

Also can Newtown beat Joeys after the bye? Why not l say.

Last edited:
I don't really think Newtown will end up second but you just never know.
They're more likely to end up third l think or fourth if things don't go their way.

l just want to rattle a few chains because it's to quiet on here :) all in fun.
And for anyone to get within 20 points of Colac down there is a good effort in my opinion.

Also can Newtown beat Joeys after the bye? Why not l say.

All good mate! Newtown impressed me the other week at Grovey and if not for a couple of injuries during the game they may well have won. I reckon they'll match up pretty well with Joeys and should give them a good match for sure.

Not sure why CGY went back, will find out though. Was a very good player and is a big loss.

The Indigenous lads were allowed to head back up to the NT for a function and missed a plane back and that started a few issues relating to attitude and commitment. There is still one of the NT lads down here however who knows how long he'll stick it out without his mates here.

West have had a 15 year old running around against Newtown in his second senior game. Given his age he performed pretty well. Though I am biased as I played juniors football with his Dad.

There are a few other promising players coming through the junior ranks. However West don't have the ability to draw huge numbrs for juniors given the football geography of the area. But the kids they have they look after really well.

Hope the young blokes stick around mate. I like West and it sucks that they're in a poor area in terms of a footy demographic but hopefully they can work it out and have a bit of success.

Todays Odd's

St. Joseph's 2.30
Colac 3.20
Grovedale 4.80
Newtown & Chilwell 6.00
St. Albans 11.00
Bell Park 12.00
Leopold 13.00
South Barwon 101.00
Geelong West St. Peters 251.00
St. Mary's 501.00
Lara 1001.00
North Shore 1001.00

This ploy was never going to work. The only reason i can think of why they did it is because they want to show the comp they deserve to be in the gfl but even so getting guys from all over the place isn't going to be sustainable. Pitty i think they would have been better off just playing some kids and hopefully develop them

My top 5 at seasons end in order

St Josephs
Colac
Grovey
Newtown
Leopold

St Albans & Bell Park to miss out by a game

Have heard from a reliable source that Joeys arent training for two weeks. Didn't train in lead up to Lara game and not training this week. Bold move - wish the coaches did this when I was playing - used to hate the cold winters nights. Could have a flow on effect with the Newtown game though might be a bit slow to start

Have heard from a reliable source that Joeys arent training for two weeks. Didn't train in lead up to Lara game and not training this week. Bold move - wish the coaches did this when I was playing - used to hate the cold winters nights. Could have a flow on effect with the Newtown game though might be a bit slow to start

I think he wrote that in Addy last week..

Alright guys im not being silly here, just a genuine opinion and want to hear your thoughts.

What do you guys think of having next year 3 saturday games, 1 saturday night game and 2 sunday games every week?

So you can watch different games, probably draw bigger crowds too?

What do you guys think? Thoughts?

So l went up to have a look at Joeys train tonight!
Just to see if everyone was telling the truth about not training & resting up.
Hahaha...Watched Maxwell take training & the boys look tight.
Can't wait for Saturday.

Alright guys im not being silly here, just a genuine opinion and want to hear your thoughts.

What do you guys think of having next year 3 saturday games, 1 saturday night game and 2 sunday games every week?

So you can watch different games, probably draw bigger crowds too?

What do you guys think? Thoughts?

Only one ground has lights don't they? i think the saturday games are good as they are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back