GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez what a call, and was right. Surely you have to be like the inside man at marys
Credit where It's due, good call on McPhee Falsenine. Reckon you are a St Mary's man as Urgot said, maybe on the Board or assistant coach??

Credit where It's due, good call on McPhee Falsenine. Reckon you are a St Mary's man as Urgot said, maybe on the Board or assistant coach??
No credit necessary. And I certainly have no role at St Mary's (other than as a past player many years ago)! I work with the team manager so always lots of rumours flying about. I'm very interested to see where they play him and how he goes at GFL level.

No credit necessary. And I certainly have no role at St Mary's (other than as a past player many years ago)! I work with the team manager so always lots of rumours flying about. I'm very interested to see where they play him and how he goes at GFL level.

He will be a jet and he is only 32.....
Do you follow there games falsenine?

Wonder what he'd be getting paid? Wouldn't be just a free tank of petrol each week. Still worries me the money some clubs can splash around, especially when you look at Corio's plight at the moment, if it's true. And Newcomb a few years ago, when the money ran out they were hopeless, when O'Toole and Stewart etc. left. But, it is good to see ex AFL players in the GFL (Other than ex Geelong players), just don't know where the balance can be achieved.

Haven't heard much from Colac over the off season, any other departures other than Garner? I imagine there'd be some CDFL clubs looking to land a big catch.

Been all over twitter today with news of Hinkley to Newtown.. Anyone know much of him?

Normington leaving St Marys was on the money too, going to Drysdale as an assistant coach

Must have a bottomless money pit at St Marys.

Joke of club St Marys is. They just keep throwing money at players who stay there for a year or so and * off. God I hope they get smashed this year. Disgrace of a club

Joke of club St Marys is. They just keep throwing money at players who stay there for a year or so and **** off. God I hope they get smashed this year. Disgrace of a club
Their 16's and 18's have been dominant over the past few years too. I know these players need time at senior level but this should help keep the club strong in the near future. Just hope they develop their own as well as recruit outsiders.

Their 16's and 18's have been dominant over the past few years too. I know these players need time at senior level but this should help keep the club strong in the near future. Just hope they develop their own as well as recruit outsiders.
Anyone know how many junior St Marys players are now playing seniors there? Urgots definitely not a fan of them!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joke of club St Marys is. They just keep throwing money at players who stay there for a year or so and **** off. God I hope they get smashed this year. Disgrace of a club
Pretty strong words Urgot. Just out of interest, can you name three players who have played there for a year then, in your words "****** off"?

Bit harsh. Just for our reference, what local team do you follow Urgot?

haha sorry boys, I support Colac
Well done on the GF win this year mate. I can see why you don't like St Mary's with Buchanan (even though he didn't play this year) and Garner going there. How are the boys down the road looking?

Well done on the GF win this year mate. I can see why you don't like St Mary's with Buchanan (even though he didn't play this year) and Garner going there. How are the boys down the road looking?

are you sure about buchanan, like whys he going there?
Yeh we are looking alright from what ive heard.

Yeah I heard it from a few of the St Mary's players. Apparently it's more convenient playing for a Geelong team or something like that.

That's 2 and Condy actually played two seasons at St Mary's. Both guys had family connections with the club and both left to pursue coaching (assistant) aspirations so not really sure if that counts as "f****** off"!

That's 2 and Condy actually played two seasons at St Mary's. Both guys had family connections with the club and both left to pursue coaching (assistant) aspirations so not really sure if that counts as "f****** off"!

Marks guy

Wonder what he'd be getting paid? Wouldn't be just a free tank of petrol each week. Still worries me the money some clubs can splash around, especially when you look at Corio's plight at the moment, if it's true. And Newcomb a few years ago, when the money ran out they were hopeless, when O'Toole and Stewart etc. left. But, it is good to see ex AFL players in the GFL (Other than ex Geelong players), just don't know where the balance can be achieved.

It's getting utterly ******* ridiculous it is.

I know of one cashed up club offering incentives to a junior player from a club who isn't one of the wealthy sides to switch clubs.

The sooner some form of salary cap is introduced the better.

It's getting utterly ******* ridiculous it is.

I know of one cashed up club offering incentives to a junior player from a club who isn't one of the wealthy sides to switch clubs.

The sooner some form of salary cap is introduced the better.

Speak up Gus...I don't believe any junior has ever been paid in the past.
This would be a first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back