Podcast GG's Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kicking it off for 2014 by contributing my efforts on weekly or monthly basis :thumbsu:
If I can keep it going :(

Also I created a youtube playlist for all my podcast segments from last year and this year for easier and sequential access.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ND6Bp3BF5YqRso8qfCelOOrhcEe9k_g

Apologies for the slurred words and bored tone, it was very late and I was tired :drunk:
But the music might pick you up :p

Last edited:

Nice GG! Confirms my thoughts that the NFC North is going to be a dog fight this year. With the AFC East and NFC South on the schedule it certainly looks like the NFC North Champion will be well battle tested during the season in preparation for their Super Bowl run in the post season.

Apart from OC Norv Turner, the other big pick up for the Vikings was new HC Mike Zimmer, and he's made a huge impact already. Also, the Vikings are playing outside, in the elements, this year - bring it on!

Thanks Sven BTW what are your expectations for the vikes in comparison to mine?
The opening five weeks for the Vikings (Rams, Patriots, saints, Falcons and @Packers) are a nightmare and the Vikings performance early will be important if they want to surprise this year. I tend to agree with you with anything over 6 wins an overachievement. Then again, if the passing game shows rapid improvement and the defence jells, anything could be possible

Apologies for the slurred words and bored tone, it was very late and I was tired :drunk:

The trippin' over Toronto certainly got my attention.. Shouldda had Arkie's fav band playing in the background… :D

Last edited:
Oh btw GG, Its Bengals rookie CB Darqueze Dennard. You said Dennard Darqueze in the preview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want to get these done by this weekend so I can focus on all the fantasy chores coming up.

Third installment, looking at the AFC South and NFC South.

Was struggling thruout with the flu and lack of breath, all the coughing and wheezing edited out, but still in true robotic form...

GG getting ready for a podcast.......

anatlover.jpg

GG you were kind enough to give me some constructive feedback on my podcast, so I'm going to return the favour with a few thoughts about yours;

Who is your target audience?
First up, there's nothing wrong with your analysis or opinions regarding the games. However, they're all very general and broad, which makes me wonder who your target audience is. Are you doing this podcast just for the BigFooty American Football members here, or is it being promoted anywhere else? I note that your last episode has (at time of writing) less than 20 plays on YouTube.
My humble suggestion would be if it is solely intended for us here at BigFooty, you should tailer it to us instead of presenting such a generic and broad podcast. Perhaps give it an AE focus?

Get rid of the background music
I understand you want to keep it entertaining and keep the listeners attention, but the background music is distracting. It's also too loud.

Practice reading your scripts
By this I mean try and be more prepared and comfortable with what you're reading. There's a couple of spots in this weeks episode where your pronounciation and delivery of a couple of words just seems off. For example listen for about 10 seconds at the 2:26 mark, to see what I mean. It doesn't sound natural and is a bit distracting for the listener.

As I said, your analysis and discussion points are all good, but I think overall it could benefit from tightening a few things up to try and make it a more worthwhile listen for NFL fans here :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back