Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
http://gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-08-20/giant-thunderbolt

The Greater Western Sydney GIANTS have announced a partnership with Sydney Thunder to share the club's training and administration headquarters at Sydney Olympic Park.

The partnership was announced by Sydney Thunder captain Mike Hussey and GIANTS ruckman Shane Mumford at the GIANTS Learning Life Centre today.

Thunder staff and players will be located at the Learning Life Centre during the forthcoming cricket season and the GIANTS will also provide administrative support for ticketing, membership and merchandise.

The GIANTS’ home ground at Spotless Stadium will host two KFC Big Bash matches featuring the Sydney Thunder against the Hobart Hurricanes on January 7 and against the Melbourne Stars on January 17.

The GIANTS’ home ground at Spotless Stadium will host two KFC Big Bash matches featuring the Sydney Thunder against the Hobart Hurricanes on January 7 and against the Melbourne Stars on January 17.

Ooer. Like this.

Great initiative, I follow the thunder as well. Really need to play all their games at spotless. 15-20k crowd would look allot better there
I went to see the final Sixers-Thunder clash in January this year and was very disappointed. I think it'd definitely look better at the smaller Spotless

Sorry guys I'm a scorcher.

Can't support this

Leaves thread

And I support the Brisbane Heat.

You guys steal my favourite player then smack my cricket team. What did I ever do to you guys?! I even tipped in financially as a member and you still hurt me!

Not feeling the love.

:(

Giants have some interesting existing links with cricket. We took Coniglio in the 2011 draft, and soon after, another footballer/cricketer who had trained with the NEAFL team opted for cricket (can't remember his name), of course there's Katich's involvement with the club, and our speccy pick last draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants have some interesting existing links with cricket. We took Coniglio in the 2011 draft, and soon after, another footballer/cricketer who had trained with the NEAFL team opted for cricket (can't remember his name), of course there's Katich's involvement with the club, and our speccy pick last draft.

Coniglio was from Swan Districts i believe and from memory was a leggie, was playing rep cricket.

I know for a fact that the district cricket squads up here in the north of Perth are filled with district rep footballers and vice versa, would expect the same across WA.

When Subi under 16 football pre season training started, Wanneroo district cricket ( part of it is Subi footy zone, part West Perth zone) had around 10 cricketers missing from training, the older you get the more you have to choose.

Alex Carey opted for cricket so didn't make the transition from NEAFL in 2011 to AFL in 2012. Made the SA Sheffield Shield team.

Atmosphere at Spotless on Friday was s'much better than they get at ANZ. They should be playing there for all non-derby games.

So will the Sydney Thunder play all their home games at Spotless from now onward? I know the Thunder and the Giants are sharing training facilities at the Learning Life Centre in Sydney Olympic Park.

So will the Sydney Thunder play all their home games at Spotless from now onward? I know the Thunder and the Giants are sharing training facilities at the Learning Life Centre in Sydney Olympic Park.
Unknown at this stage.
Thunder did a pole at the end of last season with the majority, 99% i think,wanting spotless as long as they fixed the drop in pitch.

Unknown at this stage.
Thunder did a pole at the end of last season with the majority, 99% i think,wanting spotless as long as they fixed the drop in pitch.
Does it make a difference that the Swans will no longer play games at ANZ Stadium beyond next year? I know there has been talk of an ANZ Stadium redevelopment and with just one tenant requiring an oval-shaped field I think the pressure might be on to move the Thunder to Spotless permanently so they can covert ANZ to a rectangular stadium.

Does it make a difference that the Swans will no longer play games at ANZ Stadium beyond next year? I know there has been talk of an ANZ Stadium redevelopment and with just one tenant requiring an oval-shaped field I think the pressure might be on to move the Thunder to Spotless permanently so they can covert ANZ to a rectangular stadium.
The fans def want it. Atmosphere much better at spotless. Unknown but if thunder move then you can kiss the oval goodbye. If no one plays oval games there then why keep it that way.

The fans def want it. Atmosphere much better at spotless. Unknown but if thunder move then you can kiss the oval goodbye. If no one plays oval games there then why keep it that way.

They'll keep oval capabilities for another tilt at Olympics in 2048/2052

Remove this Banner Ad

Back