GWS Coaching Structure - Brad Miller New Neafl Coach, Brettt Hand & Addison move into Player Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Is set to be announced this morning:

@ AFL
The @GWS_Giants will announce its coaching structure for 2013 today, including the future of Kevin Sheedy http://t.co/OUgtbZNp

@GWS_Giants
The GIANTS will make an exciting announcement regarding @Kevin_Sheedy tomorrow at SKODA stadium @ 11am #ThinkBig

The Giants' tweet points to Sheedy staying on, but will it be as head coach or a 'director of football/coaching' type role with Williams taking over the reins?

False alarm on the announcement courtesy of the AFL's article - the Sheedy announcement was regarding the B&F being named after him.

Anyway, might as well continue the discussion - Sheedy to have another year as head coach then have Williams take over in 2014? Or take a step upwards/sideways and have Choco installed as head coach for next year and beyond?

False alarm on the announcement courtesy of the AFL's article - the Sheedy announcement was regarding the B&F being named after him.

Anyway, might as well continue the discussion - Sheedy to have another year as head coach then have Williams take over in 2014? Or take a step upwards/sideways and have Choco installed as head coach for next year and beyond?

I would have thought the B&F being named after Sheedy cements his place with the Giants in one role or another for a number of seasons.

choco might get offered jobs elsewhere, & to good to loose. sheeds is really coaching director anyway, might as well get titles right.

If Choco is offered a HC job he wants, he's gone anyway.

The structure we have now also has the advantage for Choco that if it goes well, he - or his management team - doesnt need to go 'Yeah, we all know Sheeds had the title but I did the actual job'.

If it goes badly, well then Choco - or his management team - can go 'Sheeds was the head coach, and at the end of the day, I had to work within the parameters he gave me to work with'.

Finally, if Choco did get headhunted, theres a dark horse who could slot over as senior assistant, who is at least as qualified as Hird.

GWS Giants to re-sign coach Kevin Sheedy to one-year deal, reports FOX FOOTY's Mike Sheahan

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...tys-mike-sheahan/story-e6frf3e3-1226459367200
Veteran AFL journalist Mike Sheahan told FOX FOOTY's On The Couch he understood the former Essendon mentor had been given the green light to embark upon his 29th season as a VFL/AFL senior coach.

"Kevin Sheedy will be re-appointed ... as early as tomorrow (Tuesday), for one year," Sheahan said on Monday night's program.

"It's confirmation that Sheeds is staying."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if choco did leave who would step in as the senior assistant coach for us

but I still think choco will eventually take over from Sheedy

Sounds like the perfect coaching job you could have. Do most of the actual "coaching" but don't get any blame or have to deal with the media. As long as he is paid appropriately I don't know why he would leave in the short-term.

Sounds like the perfect coaching job you could have. Do most of the actual "coaching" but don't get any blame or have to deal with the media. As long as he is paid appropriately I don't know why he would leave in the short-term.

ambition & drive.

He's already won Port Adelaide their first premiership in the AFL.

Theres not much more of a challenge than winning GWS their first premiership ...

good response, i hope he stays around for the journey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back