GWS Coaching Structure - Brad Miller New Neafl Coach, Brettt Hand & Addison move into Player Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

LEON Cameron's path to Port Adelaide has been upset by AFL novice Greater Western Sydney chasing the Hawthorn assistant coach. Cameron met the Giants today to fill the vacancy as senior assistant and ultimate successor to senior coach Kevin Sheedy.
If Cameron takes this job, Port's dream ticket of a Cameron-Alan Richardson partnership at Alberton will fall apart.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/port-adelaide-plan-to-appoint-leon-cameron-as-coach-thrown-into-doubt-by-gws/story-e6frf9jf-1226486829321?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: HeraldSunAfl (Herald Sun | AFL)

Safe to assume there's going to be a succession plan for Cameron if he's willing to pass up the Port top job?

If so, did Choco jump the gun? It's been said that his family wanted to return to Melbourne, but there's also the whispers that he was... displeased... that Sheedy re-upped for 2013.

@tommybugg
@Jezzacameron looking more and more like your dad Leon could be coming up to coach next year #wouldntthatbegreat #knowshestuff #leroy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn had the most disposals and the most clearances this year. Good pick up I think.

I should have added that I have a lot of respect of Clarkson so he comes from a good apprenticeship.

With the announcement comes confirmation that it is a 1+3 year deal, taking over from Sheeds at the end of next year.

Great step forward for the club.

Csn see why Cameron picked the prospect of head coach of the Giants over Port. Much brighter future at Skoda with such a young , dynamic list.

It's interesting that Choco's contract was for three years as senior assistant coach, he never had that guarantee to take over. It's just what everyone assumed. This contract, on the other hand sounds like it has the guarantee written in. How it works out, we'll have to wait and see. Don't know much about Cameron but he gets a 12 month honeymoon period learning from the master so I'm pretty happy with the decision so far.

Welcome to the club - don't f%# it up.

I didnt see it coming, Cameron wasnt on my radar ......BUT I LIKE IT.
I like the deal too, shows real forward planning.

What I want to know now is what was choccos story......hmmmmm

I didnt see it coming, Cameron wasnt on my radar ......BUT I LIKE IT.
I like the deal too, shows real forward planning.

What I want to know now is what was choccos story......hmmmmm[/q

probably different interpretations of a conversation ,maybe chocco thought the job was his this year & of course money,????? good luck to leon hope it all works well.

Giants want Sheeds 'forever'
GREATER Western Sydney coach Kevin Sheedy intends to move into a director of football role in 2014 and continue his association with the Giants for some time yet.

The Giants' inaugural head coach, Sheedy will lead the side into 2013 before handing over to new senior assistant coach Leon Cameron at the end of the club's second AFL season.

There has been conjecture over whether he would then return to Melbourne or remain involved with GWS and he confirmed on Monday he has no intention of leaving what he has started.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150981/default.aspx

THE INFLUENCE of Leon Cameron has been central to Greater Western Sydney youngsters choosing to stay at the club, according to co-captain Phil Davis.

Despite fears the Giants could be susceptible to losing players, the club has managed to secure much of its talented list, including new deals for top-five draft picks Jonathon Patton, Dom Tyson and Will Hoskin-Elliott last month.

Cameron joined the Giants last year as senior assistant coach and will take over as the club's coach at the end of this season, replacing Kevin Sheedy.

Davis said the former Hawthorn assistant's appointment could be directly linked with Giants wanting to stay at the club.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-03-26/leon-camerons-influence

GWS co-captain Callan Ward describes Cameron a man who tells it like it is, a no-nonsense operator at training in the same vein as predecessor Mark Williams.
Cameron's warm, thoughtful demeanour off the park has also made an impression on the club's youngsters.
"With the appointment of Leon, we know where we're going in the next few years," recently re-signed No.1 draft pick Jonathon Patton told AAP.
"For me personally he's really been pushing me to be a leader ... and he just really cares. Everyone loves him."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/caring-cameron-lays-platform-for-gws-20130328-2gwdq.html#ixzz2Oo7SuiiL

McVeigh replaces Lachlan Buszard as head coach of the GWS Academy

FORMER Essendon vice-captain Mark McVeigh has taken another step forward in his budding coaching career after being appointed to head the Greater Western Sydney Academy.
It is a return to McVeigh's old stamping ground, having grown up on the NSW Central Coast and played for Pennant Hills in Sydney's west before he was drafted in 1998.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-29/mcveighs-career-spike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back