Injury GIANTS injury report 2015: Patfull suffers broken collarbone in motorcycle crash in Bali

Remove this Banner Ad

Any feedback on the General?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

GREATER Western Sydney forward Jon Patton says conquering the mental demons associated with coming back from a second knee reconstruction was tougher than any of the physical pain he's been through.

The 22-year-old made a successful return in the NEAFL at Spotless Stadium on Sunday, finishing with four kicks, two handballs and a goal, but more importantly got through almost a half of footy unscathed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-12/patton-makes-successful-return-from-knee-reco-in-neafl

Thank christ. Can't wait to see him slot in alongside our other two twin towers

Surgery for Shiel, torn lateral meniscus. 6-12 weeks out depending on what they find in surgery, so he could be back for the last 2 home and away games or done for the season.

We were in the top 4 before the injury gods decided to drop their pants and have a piss on us :(.

We need a protective ritual when we play the MCG. Twice we've had carnage there - against Melbourne last year when we lost Davis, Patton & Ward and then against Collingwood when we lost Davis, Patfull, Mummy and Cogs.

Particularly if we start playing September footy.

Hey guys - tough news about Shiel, big loss but you guys are doing a pretty epic job at covering these guys.

With Dylan out, who is the most likely to have more of a go in the middle? Josh Kelly? Steele?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys - tough news about Shiel, big loss but you guys are doing a pretty epic job at covering these guys.

With Dylan out, who is the most likely to have more of a go in the middle? Josh Kelly? Steele?

I reckon Steele. He's got a bit of fight in him.

I reckon Steele. He's got a bit of fight in him.

Yeah I have been keeping an eye on him and he seems to have hit the ground running. Is he the most likely to get the extra time in the middle now Shiel is out?

Have to say GWS have loved watching you guys, yours talent depth is bloody scary

I can't believe this. Devon and Haynes out injured too. Poor giants have had no luck with injuries this year. A midfield with no Shiel or smith I think has tipped the scales too far

I still have a fools hope for sumner. His best can be electric, however his body is failing him. I'm still happy to see out his contract and unless another club comes calling then he may be our first draft failure :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back