Injury GIANTS injury report 2015: Patfull suffers broken collarbone in motorcycle crash in Bali

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed the other news that Sumner broke his wrist at training (after return from his foot injury) and will miss 8-12 weeks.

I think Sumners days were numbered anyway.
If golds and Schulz are still on our list with new contracts being given to them then I see no reason for sumner to face the scrap heap but he is still under contract so he is safe. I'd rather shift him to the rookie list than loose him for peanuts. The kid was a top 10 pick for a reason

If golds and Schulz are still on our list with new contracts being given to them then I see no reason for sumner to face the scrap heap but he is still under contract so he is safe. I'd rather shift him to the rookie list than loose him for peanuts. The kid was a top 10 pick for a reason
Tambling was a top 10...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to cut and trade some each year, and more than other teams in the short term. Golds and Sumner are fringe at best. As IanW has said before, Shultz has dirt on key club officials..:oops:

Gold! or should I say Golds!

...but that is being unfair to Sumner. He is good, just when fit, has not shone like others.
Probably been in our system too long to be seriously looked at by rival clubs.
Talent isn't enough. You've got to have a smattering of work ethic and a butt-load of luck to really make it.

Probably been in our system too long to be seriously looked at by rival clubs.
Talent isn't enough. You've got to have a smattering of work ethic and a butt-load of luck to really make it.
What he does have is speed. Any list list lacking speed might look at him. If he can get a few good games under his belt this year in the NEAFL, he will find a spot on another list. But hey, probably a little early for trade talk on guys like him. He has stuck with the club and vice versa.

What he does have is speed. Any list list lacking speed might look at him. If he can get a few good games under his belt this year in the NEAFL, he will find a spot on another list. But hey, probably a little early for trade talk on guys like him. He has stuck with the club and vice versa.
If he's got speed maybe he should be at Essendon?

Has there been any indication from the club as to when Patton will be back apart from "mid season"? During the off season any report on him just said ahead of schedule. He did his knee a few weeks after Mohr and Mohr played his first game on the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has there been any indication from the club as to when Patton will be back apart from "mid season"? During the off season any report on him just said ahead of schedule. He did his knee a few weeks after Mohr and Mohr played his first game on the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's his second knee, so even though there's only a couple of weeks between him and Mohr I think they're being overly (and necessarily) cautious.

Terrible News

GIANTS forward Adam Tomlinson will be sidelined for 12 weeks after injuring his toe in the club's win over Melbourne.
Tomlinson suffered a toe ligament rupture (turf toe) in the second quarter at StarTrack Oval, Canberra and was subbed out of the game. The 21-year old will have surgery on Thursday.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-04-13/surgery-for-tomlinson

But on the bright side whe might be back this week

Surgery. That is a real shame for Tommo, and hurts our team balance a lot. Sunshine better build up that tank ready for when the general gets back (and when playing the one ruck - wonder whether they'll allow Patton to give Mummy a chop out?). I suspect he'll be running up and down the ground a bit then. Mind you he didn't do too badly last game.

I've had this injury, got it in a really innocuous way playing touch footy (league).

Felt like I broke my toe and took ages to heal. Could not run with it.

He'll be fine and may come back quicker if he's a quick healer. He's been pretty average so far but is important for our structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back