Injury GIANTS injury report 2015: Patfull suffers broken collarbone in motorcycle crash in Bali

Remove this Banner Ad

1: Patton (2 knees but clearly best 22 when fit. Elite)
2: Cogs (travelling very nicely thank you. Elite)
3: Tyson (traded for a gun in Kelly - but doing very well for Melbourne)
4: WHE (Jet but a little inconsistent)
5: Buntine (took a while but is showing why - just gotta stop hitting his head on things)
6: Wingard - would have walked Boyd style anyway - gun of a player though,
7: Haynes (break out year, clearly a gun when not injured, which has been often)
8: Longer - already at his second club - don't think we missed anything major - serviceable
9: Tomlinson (best 22 any day of the week)
10: Sumner (just can't get on the track)

So Patton, Buntine, Haynes and Sumner all severely injury interrupted
Cogs WHE and Tomlinson to a lesser degree

All but Sumner have shown why they were top ten.

If Sumner is the only one not to work out, then that's a bloody good top ten.

I'll take 6 out 8 any day (with a good trade on the 7th)

Throw in Greene Adams (now Shaw) and Dev Smith as the next three and you gotta say... We did excellently well if it's only Sumner that falls by the wayside.

Don't get me wrong. I hope he comes good, but 2:8:2:0 games in 4 years does not bode well for a long career.

Well that's it

I think the injuries have finally tipped the scales and will affect the teams chances of finals now

Scully - month
Treloar - 2 weeks
Shiel - season
Mummy - season

Well that's it

I think the injuries have finally tipped the scales and will affect the teams chances of finals now

Scully - month
Treloar - 2 weeks
Shiel - season
Mummy - season

Maybe but a lot will depwnd on what sort of side port goes with, also it could turn out that Treloar has played his last game for us

Well that's it

Scully - month
Treloar - 2 weeks
Shiel - season
Mummy - season
Yeah, if we make it from here we've scrapped and fought and over-achieved I reckon.

Pretty happy with the season turned out I guess, as long as we beat Carlton and the Demons and finish on 12 wins. That's a good number for us I reckon.

Yeah, if we make it from here we've scrapped and fought and over-achieved I reckon.

Pretty happy with the season turned out I guess, as long as we beat Carlton and the Demons and finish on 12 wins. That's a good number for us I reckon.

12 wins would be a great number and most years that would get you into the finals - but just not this year

12 wins would be a great number and most years that would get you into the finals - but just not this year

If we get to 12 wins and miss, this will be the first time a team with 12 wins has missed the finals since the expansion to 18 teams.

I dunno. Norf could easily drop 3 of their last 4 and Geelong have to play Hawthorn and then Adelaide in rd23. Depends on what happens to Norf's percentage, and ours.

12 wins and percentage against Carlton and Melbourne and you never know.

Steele will come back in, but replacing Scully's run will difficult. It'll be a toss up between Townsend and Barrett for the other midfield spot. If Cogs is out, then maybe both in, or do we risk one of these and Tommo?
Bugg? His tank was top three in the preseason trials.... Harder body than the kids too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugg to run with Gray....Id like to see that......Maybe we can Take him out for the game.....the penalty is only a week:rolleyes:

While the kidney injury was a bit of a freak accident, Davis gets a lot of injuries that keep him out for a few to several weeks. One can only hope his body hardens up somewhat and he can get a good run. We won't see his best until he can string over 15 games together.

While the kidney injury was a bit of a freak accident, Davis gets a lot of injuries that keep him out for a few to several weeks. One can only hope his body hardens up somewhat and he can get a good run. We won't see his best until he can string over 15 games together.
Mate that's harsh

The hamstring is the first non contact injury isn't it

Mate that's harsh

To be honest I'm not sure of what is causing the injuries - but in the last three years he's only played 13: 11: 12.

Which for a key position and a captain is bordering on the "not good enough" territory. Don't get me wrong. Love Phil and what he brings to the club goes way beyond his on field performances. But his body is not helping - whether it's contact or soft tissue - half a season or less per year is seriously not helping.

Mate that's harsh

Don't get me wrong, he has played some great footy for us and his job on Buddy last year goes down in club legend. All I am saying is, as good as he has shown, I think there is more potential there. He is young still for a KPD, so I his potential is to be one of the elite backmen in the AFL, ie. multiple AA lists etc. However, he just needs a good run free from injury while he is in his prime. Frustratingly, he isn't getting that.

Oh i totally agree it would be great for the club if he plays more often. Im just saying its not like he has Rioli hamstrings or a Menzel knee. Its just plain bad luck IMO

You could argue 2016 is his year... he is probably due

GIANTS veteran Ryan Griffen will miss the club’s round 23 match against Melbourne with a knee injury. Scans revealed that Griffen suffered a grade two medial ligament injury in the third term of the GIANTS’ win over Carlton at Spotless Stadium on Saturday. Griffen, who hasn’t missed a game this season, won’t require surgery and is expected to be available for the beginning of pre-season training in November.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-08-31/griffen-out-of-demons-clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back