Gibbs, Murphy, Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Alot of media saying Carlton should trade Gibbs, Yarran or Murphy while the still can.
What do people think there worth?
Would your club benefit from any of these 3?
What would you let go to get one of these guys.
On par with suggesting that David Armitage, Jack Steven and Nathan Jones should be traded whilst their clubs are down the bottom.

No thanks.

I think Yyou is correct, anyone is tradeable if the price is right.
Remember the Dees put pick 2 on the table last year and couldn't the right player to do the deal.
I apologise to any Carlton fans I offend but I think all three players are talented/skilled but their intensity seems to fluctuate too much - I admit I don't see every Carlton game! At their best I would be interested in them if they could become more consistent.
Maybe top trade value is a second round plus a player or later pick for Gibbs or Murphy - I am pretty certain this wouldn't get the deal done but the value question is about the fluctuating intensity.
For my team, I would be more interested in Yarran but not sure what the price would be, although I expect the Suns will trade some players this year which could give them some bargaining power.

Alot of media saying Carlton should trade Gibbs, Yarran or Murphy while the still can.
What do people think there worth?
Would your club benefit from any of these 3?
What would you let go to get one of these guys.

Gibbs and Murphy will stay

Yarran I want to stay, if you ever go to Blues games like I do and slow pace, need a line breaker. Walker used to do it but he is obviously playing injured

at the moment id keep Yarran, all 3

Yarran's the only one that has a crack.

Sure he gets reported every now and then, but I'd rather him over those two pretenders who are scared of footsteps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take yarran in a heartbeat. We have grunt in the midfield with little or no outside speed and skill. We desperately need a player like him. Don't think carlton would accept a 2nd rounder though and we couldn't give our first for him.

The other 2 would benefit from going into a strong midfield with leaders. Hawks are not getting Dangerfield lets be real here so either Murphy or Gibbs would possibly help in extending their premiership window for the right price as they could play behind Lewis and Mitchell in the midfield. Gibbs is a good clearance player with very good vision and skills.

It's a tough one for carlton as they are not building toward anything right now so I think they need to do a st kilda and see what they can get for their talent in order to rebuild. Even Menzel should have done more by now rather than the occasional flashes of brilliance. It'll be interesting to see who they decide to build around at the end of the year. I'm thinking they would be in the ear of players such as Shiel and Dixon and look to build from trading but they need to find the right currency.

Yarran has the best value.

Personally I think all 3 should be retained and apply a scorched earth policy with the rest of the list besides U21s full rebuild with some quality seniors will allow a smoother rebuild. Otherwise you end up going to far and end up in a Melbourne position. Just look at st kilda and dogs rebuild for example

Would love Gibbs at Geelong, for the right price.

2nd rounder and Josh Walker maybe. I'm a massive Walker guy, but can't see him fitting with Hawkins and Clark...

Shane Kersten has always looked like a Carlton player to me also...

We aren't trading Bryce Gibbs for Josh Walker and a 2nd Round pick.

The bloke may be soft, lazy and inept at times but he's contracted for 4 more years which means a club will have to give up a 1st Rounder to get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back