Toast Gibbs named in 40 man AA Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Simpson a little stiff to miss out? I mean given he would probably be looking at slotting into the HBF?

As for Gibbs, I'm just not sure he will make the 22. He's likely a disposal or two per average under what would of been a lock. Still 10th for clearances, and 10th for inside 50s is a good package.

I'm sure the panel would of noted his geelong game, when he had the 29 disposals and 4 goals. Consistency and evenness across most facets of the game is what makes him an absolute gun.

Is Simpson a little stiff to miss out? I mean given he would probably be looking at slotting into the HBF?

As for Gibbs, I'm just not sure he will make the 22. He's likely a disposal or two per average under what would of been a lock. Still 10th for clearances, and 10th for inside 50s is a good package.

I'm sure the panel would of noted his geelong game, when he had the 29 disposals and 4 goals. Consistency and evenness across most facets of the game is what makes him an absolute gun.

I love Simmo as much as the next Carlton supporter, but while he had some incredible games (including 3 or so where he was averaging 35 disposals) he had a few off games and Malceski and McVeigh get much more media attention for the job they perform off the HBF and are from the games I've seen a little more consistent.

I love Simmo as much as the next Carlton supporter, but while he had some incredible games (including 3 or so where he was averaging 35 disposals) he had a few off games and Malceski and McVeigh get much more media attention for the job they perform off the HBF and are from the games I've seen a little more consistent.
sometimes simmos kicking lets him down terribly. its like we have so many players with very average foot skills. Do we seek out poorly skilled players - that was a joke btw.

but seriously, so frustrating!

well done to gibbs ... should get in on the wing or bench @ worse

on another matter if eddie betts gets in it will be proof of the anti carlton selection panel .... his season is no better than many he had @ carlton ... after reading the AA nominations I thought the crows must have finished top 4 !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back