Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallowing in delight at the fate of the whistle blower eh? Careful of union of brotherhood hubris - she might knock herself off and deprive you of all that pleasure.
More pissweak crocodile tears.

I see. So Dyson Heydon can safely discard any points of law they make then.

Remember Heydon was a High Court judge. Pretty sure he is across the detail. Stoljar has seen and heard all the evidence first hand, as has Heydon. Not sure the others can say the same (though they may have been present everyday, if they have nothing better to do).

Which bits do you reckon they might have missed that the retired personal injury lawyer is bringing to their attention?

O'Connor has a bit more relevant experience but his one page submission is long on assertion, short on argument.

Even so, do you reckon Heydon and Stoljar have overlooked the issues they raise? Is there anything new there that hasn't already been canvassed?

Dyson has ruled on stoljar witnesses during the hearing, that the witnesses claims of seeing Gillard receiving cash would not stand up in a court of law.As they were hearsay and there was no actual eye witness of her having the cash in hand.

http://www.tradeunionroyalcommission.gov.au/reports/Pages/default.aspx
The interim report of the royal commission into union corruption is devastating to former Labor leader Julia Gillard and damaging to the current leader, Bill Shorten.

Royal commissioner Dyson Heydon says Julia Gillard did not tell the truth, and her renovations were paid for by her then boyfriend, corrupt AWU union official Bruce Wilson, using money she should have realised was “illegitimate”:

Bill Shorten’s position is that while he does not remember what he says, and while he does not believe he said what is alleged, he does not deny saying it.’
Over the last two decades Bill Shorten has had many cares, borne many burdens and performed many different roles while ascending the greasy pole. It is accordingly not surprising that his position is as stated above. On the probabilities it is likely that the incident took place as Robert Kernohan narrates it.

The royal commissioner accepts that former AWU state president Bob Kernohan told then AWU official Bill Shorten that ‘it was a bloody disgrace that they (Wilson and Blewitt) received redundancy payments whilst they were internally investigated for fraud.’
Kernohan claimed: “Bob, think of your future. There’s been a payout, we are all just moving on.“‘

‘SHORTEN put his hand on my shoulder and responded, “Bob think of your future.” He said, “If you pursue this, a lot of good people will get hurt and you will be on your own. Look Bob, you’ve been lined up to take a safe labor (sic) seat of Milton (sic) in the Victorian parliament.”

So one former Labor prime minister had her renovations paid for with stolen money and did not tell the truth about it, and the man wanting to be the next Labor Prime Minister in all probability wanted it hushed up. So finds the royal commissioner.

The interim report of the royal commission into union corruption is devastating to former Labor leader Julia Gillard and damaging to the current leader, Bill Shorten.

Royal commissioner Dyson Heydon says Julia Gillard did not tell the truth, and her renovations were paid for by her then boyfriend, corrupt AWU union official Bruce Wilson, using money she should have realised was “illegitimate”:

Bill Shorten’s position is that while he does not remember what he says, and while he does not believe he said what is alleged, he does not deny saying it.’
Over the last two decades Bill Shorten has had many cares, borne many burdens and performed many different roles while ascending the greasy pole. It is accordingly not surprising that his position is as stated above. On the probabilities it is likely that the incident took place as Robert Kernohan narrates it.

The royal commissioner accepts that former AWU state president Bob Kernohan told then AWU official Bill Shorten that ‘it was a bloody disgrace that they (Wilson and Blewitt) received redundancy payments whilst they were internally investigated for fraud.’
Kernohan claimed: “Bob, think of your future. There’s been a payout, we are all just moving on.“‘

‘SHORTEN put his hand on my shoulder and responded, “Bob think of your future.” He said, “If you pursue this, a lot of good people will get hurt and you will be on your own. Look Bob, you’ve been lined up to take a safe labor (sic) seat of Milton (sic) in the Victorian parliament.”

So one former Labor prime minister had her renovations paid for with stolen money and did not tell the truth about it, and the man wanting to be the next Labor Prime Minister in all probability wanted it hushed up. So finds the royal commissioner.

Have you read the 1000 page document already?
Can you refer to page numbers that refer to the statements in your post as I don't recall Shorten's comments at the hearings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...idence-of-serious-wrongdoing-by-julia-gillard

But the interim report says that “findings are made that Julia Gillard did not commit any crime and was not aware of any criminality on the part of … union officials”.
By discussing the name of the slush fund on an application for its incorporation, it says: “Julia Gillard’s conduct in this respect must be regarded as a lapse of professional judgment, but nothing more sinister.”
But the best part for me that proves that this was a fishing expedition by this government with their "appointed commissioner" is:

"The royal commissioner, Dyson Heydon, said he accepted evidence from a retired builder, Athol James, and another former AWU staffer, Wayne Hem, that Gillard had received “certain funds” from Wilson. But he said “the skimpy nature of the available evidence does not make it possible to infer on the balance of probabilities that Julia Gillard was aware that she had received the $5,000 which Wayne Hem put into her bank account on Bruce Wilson’s instructions”.

I only wish that in a couple of years time, my memory without documentation to back it up is as good as dear old Athol.

Did you attribute bolt's blog (and I've missed it) or are you passing this off as a statement of your own or the commission? Sorry, it's not clear ...

Did you attribute bolt's blog (and I've missed it) or are you passing this off as a statement of your own or the commission? Sorry, it's not clear ...

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...credibility-as-a-witness-20141219-12alcd.html

I must admit that some of the comments made by the Commissioner according to the Age report is confusing as I didn't think that Heydon was also into psychology.

Ms Gillard's demeanour during the commission's hearings contained an "element of acting", Commissioner Dyson Heydon found in his interim report released on Friday.
"Normally cross-examination of a non-expert witness is a contest between a professional expert who is familiar with every detail of the case and a relatively unwary member of the public who is not," Mr Heydon found. "But Julia Gillard had 20 years' knowledge of the case and immense determination to vindicate her position. She was, so to speak, a professional expert on her own case." And this is worth what, of course she is not a member of the public?

Ms Gillard's demeanour during the commission's hearings contained an "element of acting", Commissioner Dyson Heydon found in his interim report released on Friday.

Was this a witch hunt? Well reading this article I would tend to think that the answer is yes and the outcome is nothing more than what was to be expected.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...idence-of-serious-wrongdoing-by-julia-gillard

But the interim report says that “findings are made that Julia Gillard did not commit any crime and was not aware of any criminality on the part of … union officials”.
By discussing the name of the slush fund on an application for its incorporation, it says: “Julia Gillard’s conduct in this respect must be regarded as a lapse of professional judgment, but nothing more sinister.”
But the best part for me that proves that this was a fishing expedition by this government with their "appointed commissioner" is:

"The royal commissioner, Dyson Heydon, said he accepted evidence from a retired builder, Athol James, and another former AWU staffer, Wayne Hem, that Gillard had received “certain funds” from Wilson. But he said “the skimpy nature of the available evidence does not make it possible to infer on the balance of probabilities that Julia Gillard was aware that she had received the $5,000 which Wayne Hem put into her bank account on Bruce Wilson’s instructions”.

I only wish that in a couple of years time, my memory without documentation to back it up is as good as dear old Athol.

You are cherry picking the judge criticism of Gillard's self preservation and fairfax can't put a good spin on it

But in a damaging finding for the former prime minister, Commissioner Heydon accepted the word of an 84-year-old former builder over Ms Gillard's on the question of whether Mr Wilson had helped pay for renovations to her home in 1993.

Former builder Athol James told the commission that Ms Gillard had told him payments for the renovations were coming from Mr Wilson. Mr James also said he saw Wilson give Ms Gillard "wads of notes" to cover cheque payments for the renovations.

At a famous marathon press conference in 2012, Ms Gillard said: "I paid for the renovations on my home in St Phillip Street in Abbotsford."

She told the commission hearings: "I paid Athol by cheque. I never said to Athol that Bruce Wilson was paying for his work and I did not obtain cash from Bruce Wilson for the work Athol James undertook."

Commissioner Heydon accepted Mr James' testimony over Ms Gillard's, who had dug herself "an inflexible trench which she could not manoeuvre away from".

"Julia Gillard was in many ways a satisfactory witness," Commissioner Heydon found. "But the manner in which she uttered these words denying what Athol James said seemed to be excessive, forced, and asseverated.

"There was an element of acting in her demeanour. She delivered those words in a dramatic and angry way, but the delivery fell flat.

"She protested too much. She chose to fight him. It was a fight in which there could be only one winner. Unfortunately, she lost that fight. Athol James's testimony is to be accepted over hers. He was a witness of truth. His version of events was correct."

There is a word you could use for this

Must have been heart-breaking for Heydon that this was the best he could come up with. I wonder what his views were on the body language of Wilson and Blewitt?
I seriously have never read nor heard such rot from a very senior legal person.

You are cherry picking the judge criticism of Gillard's self preservation and fairfax can't put a good spin on it

Cherry picking ? How am I quoting out of context when I supplied the link?

There is a word you could use for this
And that word is?

Bolt is as bad as the Guru - he tries to justify his Gillard fixated bulllshit even now - what a disingenuous ungracious CHUNT he is!!!

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...credibility-as-a-witness-20141219-12alcd.html

I must admit that some of the comments made by the Commissioner according to the Age report is confusing as I didn't think that Heydon was also into psychology.

"Normally cross-examination of a non-expert witness is a contest between a professional expert who is familiar with every detail of the case and a relatively unwary member of the public who is not," Mr Heydon found. "But Julia Gillard had 20 years' knowledge of the case and immense determination to vindicate her position. She was, so to speak, a professional expert on her own case." And this is worth what, of course she is not a member of the public?

Was this a witch hunt? Well reading this article I would tend to think that the answer is yes and the outcome is nothing more than what was to be expected.

Elements of acting - a forensic analysis of the facts. I have never seen anything like it. It's a weasel way of not making an adverse finding on credit. It's a dog act stopping short with an insinuation. Is she lying or not you undead campaigner

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back