Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I seriously have never read nor heard such rot from a very senior legal person.

Never read anything from Kirby? Viewing Last Tango in Paris on a 24hour loop is preferable.

Elements of acting - a forensic analysis of the facts. I have never seen anything like it. It's a weasel way of not making an adverse finding on credit. It's a dog act stopping short with an insinuation. Is she lying or not you undead campaigner
The below doesn't seem like insinuation to me, rather a fairly black and white case of calling her a liar.
"She protested too much. She chose to fight him. It was a fight in which there could be only one winner. Unfortunately, she lost that fight. Athol James's testimony is to be accepted over hers. He was a witness of truth. His version of events was correct."

Last edited:

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
A more accurate description is that he's having a guess.Veracity be buggered.
Should we expect the judgement of a Royal Commissioner be based upon available empirical evidence and indisputable fact?
Or is sour opinion equally legitimate.
Bugger objective assessment and forensic logic;I'll write it up as though I'm Jane Austen.

Never read anything from Kirby? Viewing Last Tango in Paris on a 24hour loop is preferable.

The below doesn't seem like insinuation to me, rather a fairly black and white case of calling her a liar.
"She protested too much. She chose to fight him. It was a fight in which there could be only one winner. Unfortunately, she lost that fight. Athol James's testimony is to be accepted over hers. He was a witness of truth. His version of events was correct."
Athol James for a man in his 70's has a remarkable memory for something that happened over 20 years ago. Further could not provide any paperwork as he had 'cough', cough, lost his diary. And he was believed? I watched is testimony, what a joke!

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Athol James for a man in his 70's has a remarkable memory for something that happened over 20 years ago. Further could not provide any paperwork as he had 'cough', cough, lost his diary. And he was believed? I watched is testimony, what a joke!

Who was the witness who claimed their bank statements would back up their testimony?

Did not "honest" Jules claim that unfortunately she had not kept her bank statements from the period?

Also plenty of people of that age are as sharp as a tack. He may or may not be correct but I don't think his age is an issue.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A more accurate description is that he's having a guess.Veracity be buggered.

Upmarket version of Wilson ie LVMH vs Dimmeys.

Odd how so many treated "Bringing them home" as a serious document given his attitude to evidence.

One almost feels sorry for the poor sods looking for BTH in the non fiction section of state libraries.

ralphmalph

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2004
milwaukee
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

Which of Kirby's judgments are you referring to? Or essays or articles ... Any reference would be nice.

And? Is there a suggestion or recommendation she should be charged? Does he conclude that she knew the money came from illegitimate sources?

Seems a long way from the QC opinion in the Australian you were hanging your hat on a few months back.

Who was the witness who claimed their bank statements would back up their testimony?

Did not "honest" Jules claim that unfortunately she had not kept her bank statements from the period?

Also plenty of people of that age are as sharp as a tack. He may or may not be correct but I don't think his age is an issue.
I will address the last point, recalling in such detail? You will really have to prove it to me as I am only slightly younger and have great visual memory but doubt that I could recall something of that type from 20 odd years ago. It is what the RC wanted to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

romeoh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting article in today's age questioning the worth of an RC that found no need to really mention the worst offender by far-Jackson.

Interesting article in today's age questioning the worth of an RC that found no need to really mention the worst offender by far-Jackson.
Maybe that is in the secret file;)
It is a total farce.
I do hope that those that are bringing down the name of some the good unions and also a couple of the construction companies get what they deserve.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
She's a conservative that's why. Have a look at who her associates are, including her current shag partner.

The RC is substantially a politically motivated costly union bashing exercise.

romeoh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
She's a conservative that's why. Have a look at who her associates are, including her current shag partner.

The RC is substantially a politically motivated costly union bashing exercise.
Yep and the failure to highlight her morally bereft corruption makes that abundantly clear. Dismal effort Heydon.

Time to inject a bit of humour back to this thread.
https://independentaustralia.net/life/life-display/jackson-and-lawlers-guest-list,7449
What a nasty piece of work this Kathy Jackson (Abbott's heroine) is:

"Norington, on February 28
exposed us to the murky world of Tony Abbott's heroes Kathy Jackson and Michael Lawler and their recent relationship with 83-year-old dementia sufferer David Rofe QC, and in particular their involvement with his estimated $30 million estate. Many have described their behaviour as “ambulance chasing”, and there are other words I could use to describe their behaviour and ethics that are not fit to print."

"What I find alarming is that all living under one roof during the Royal Commission we have:
  • Kathy Jackson: the union turncoat facing allegations of $1.4 million in fraud who has been praised by Coalition MPs, including Tony Abbott;
  • Michael Lawler: the vice president of Fair Work Commission, the government body where workplace issues and union matters are resolved and who’s investigation into the HSU skipped over his partner Jackson's time and was the basis for the HSU hearings at the Commission, was an appointee of the man who set up the Royal Commission Tony Abbott, and someone who has acted as a lawyer for Kathy Jackson;
  • Bob Kernohan: the leading witness against former PM Julia Gillard and former "best friend" of right-wing blogger and anti-union propagandist Michael Smith;
  • Michael Smith: The blogger and former shock-jock who led the charge against Julia Gillard and who has been a cheerleader for Kathy Jackson despite evidence against her, is also a friend of the Royal Commission’s creator George Brandis, who even gave a speech at Smith’s wedding after travelling there at the taxpayers' expense, only paying it back reluctantly after the media highlighted it.
It would seem the only people missing from this cosy affair were Brandis and Abbott himself."

noddy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 21, 2002
Land of the Big Red Cloud
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
/The Bays/Man U
But, but, Julia told a lie!!!

Many of us saw this disgraceful episode for what it was an attempted pay back by former union colleagues as well as an attempt at political thuggery by the right wing fanatics of the Liberal party & it's lackeys, i just hope that they all receive what they rightfully deserve.

Especially Ms Jackson & her boyfriend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back