Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you've missed the point. The latest round of all of this surfacing again began with Gillard's colleague Robert McCelland.

As to the various allegations, some of the most interesting ones include Gillard doing the dodgy AWU Association work without opening a file, she is accused of thinking that the Association will be used as a slush fund for union officials re-election contrary to the objects of the Association and failing to get proper AWU authorisation for it nor informing them. And according to the guy in Seattle, she could rule out dodgy funds being applied to her renovation.

& he gave that statement under parliamentary privileged because.

I have said at the start of this thread that if JG has been proven to have done anything illegal then she deserves all she would get but all we have is he said, she said tripe that has been around for years, let someone come out with the allegations & put them to JG face to face.

Grab yourself a mike DR & have ago mate.:thumbsu:

Gillard not opening a file is tantamount to covering up what she did.

The most interesting guy to follow is the sacked radio guy at the time Milne got the boot. He's given a few interviews to 2GB and if you get over what flogs like Jones say, what Smith says is very interesting.

Seems Gillard now has a former fraud squad copper on her tail.

Smith has been after Gillard for a while & lost his job because of over stepping the line same as what happened to Milne nothing knew in that, Smith had a coup when he done an interview a couple of years ago with Thompson & played it for all it was worth, it all went to his head with repeated pats on the back from from fellow shock jocks such as Jones & Murray.

julia-gillard-smug.jpg

Wow a photo of Julia, does she turn you on evo?

Off the top my head, she is the worst PM since Billy McMahon, has no judgement (not in dispute), is an opportunistic liar (ask Wilkie) and is "a conservative careerist" (ask Tanner).

Anything that might be of importance? You know, might actually impact the public?

Can you possibly dispute that the economic handling has been clearly excellent since 2007?

Can you possibly make the argument that the NBN, NDIS, carbon price, plain packaging, skills training etc aren't big reforms and clearly better than the current coalition alternatives?

On anything that isn't massive media "scandals" (read that as nothing stories beaten up to sell papers constantly) this government has been at least adequate. On policy right now they're so far ahead of the opposition it's just not funny.

On top of that, her law career ended in a dodgy circumstances and she assisted in helping two others commit a half million dollar fraud against the AWU.

Ok. Her old firm clears her of wrong-doing, many years of Liberal party digging uncover nothing yet you're just going to state that she's guilty as charged? Oh wait she hasn't even been charged, or even alleged to have done anything illegal.

Really? Are you that desperate?

The thing I really don't get is that, if the government is so bad, why is 90% or more of the criticism based on crap like this? Aren't there more important things to discuss?

First McClelland, now Wilkie. Julia's friends come out of the woodwork.

That article also has the interesting angles re Shorten and Howes.

Also nice of The Australian to play it up like Wilkie thinks this is a serious issue that must be addressed immediately. The word he used to describe this whole business was "smear". Clearly he really thinks the PM's in trouble.

Can you possibly make the argument that the NBN, NDIS, carbon price, plain packaging, skills training etc aren't big reforms and clearly better than the current coalition alternatives?

Is a terrible policy and will most likely cost them government. But this debate is for another thread.

Even Richo was calling for answer from her on Q&A last night.

Actually, IMO everyone has missed the big question with no file.

Setting up the Association was a lot of work and allegedly involved another partner. Thta's a lot of partner head hours. And Slater and Gordon didn't know about it. Nor did the AWU.

There was no file, so what happened with billing for this work?

Either:

1. It wasn't billed at all - very dodgy and arguably a fraud on S&G doing secret work and not billing for it

or more interestingly

2. It was billed to the AWU on another file/matter, which is outright fraud.

Someone needs to follow the money (billings) on this.

Smith has been after Gillard for a while & lost his job because of over stepping the line same as what happened to Milne nothing knew in that, Smith had a coup when he done an interview a couple of years ago with Thompson & played it for all it was worth, it all went to his head with repeated pats on the back from from fellow shock jocks such as Jones & Murray.

Have you ever actually listened to one of those interviews?

Is a terrible policy and will most likely cost them government. But this debate is for another thread.

I said they were "big reforms and clearly better than the current coalition alternatives". I didn't say they were popular. The carbon price is imperfect but compared to "direct action" it's policy genius. I mean imagine coming up with a policy that goes against all our understanding of economics and is scientifically impossible. Crazy stuff.

But you're right it is a debate for another thread. Unfortunately the only thread on the first page of this forum (apart from the policy thread which hasn't been used in ages) discussing the relative merits of the carbon price is my thread about the absurd claims that have been made by the opposition. Surely if these policies are so poor they could be destroyed with a simple, fact based argument? It seems those that are so strongly opposed to it are either unwilling or unable to do so.

yeah, she's really hot man.

It must be a thankless task defending her day after day. Take a holiday some time, bro.

Quite simple evo i'm a Labor supporter & if i believe that all this crap is just a beat-up by right wing idiots who are not game enough to come out in the open with their allegations then defend her i will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a Big Footy thread this should be in Bay 13 it is such nonsense. Despite repeated requests from myself and others NO SPECIFIC ALLEGATION OF WRONGDOING by Julia has even been suggested. The "highest" the allegations get are "Julia has questions to answer". And what questions are these? Well Richo on quanda and DR can think of a beauty, thus:
Actually, IMO everyone has missed the big question with no file.

Setting up the Association was a lot of work and allegedly involved another partner. Thta's a lot of partner head hours. And Slater and Gordon didn't know about it. Nor did the AWU.

There was no file, so what happened with billing for this work?

Either:

1. It wasn't billed at all - very dodgy and arguably a fraud on S&G doing secret work and not billing for it

or more interestingly

2. It was billed to the AWU on another file/matter, which is outright fraud.

Someone needs to follow the money (billings) on this.

The answer to all of this is simple. Slater and Gordon investigated the matter at the time. If anyone had an interest in getting rid of a dishonest partner it was S & G. What happened? Julia cooperated fully with the investigation and satisfied her partners completely. We know she resigned of her own choosing to pursue what, on any measure, would be regarded as a successful political career. She is clearly still mates with 2 partners at that time (Murphy, now a Federal Court judge) and Peter Gordon (something of a legal legend in his own lifetime).
Julia is absolutely right not to dignify scurrilous NON-allegations with a reply. She is entirely right to refuse to answer questions that she has already answered in an internal investigation, particularly when (a) some of those answers might breach client privilege that is not hers to waive; and (b) it was 17 years ago so that, with an imperfect memory of long forgotten matters, her answers might not be entirely accurate and thus, rightly, lead to a charge of misrepresentation (a la Mal Brough's more recent and less understandable memory loss).
It seems the catalyst for this confected frenzy of suspicion is Nicholas Styant-Browne. Whilst I would not wish to denigrate him in any way, it is passing strange that he pops up now (17 years after the event) with a crisis of conscience that, apparently, did not trouble him when he once was a partner at S & G. I am sure he has honourable reasons for speaking out now - but it sure would be helpful for us all if he explained (a) what allegation(s) of wrong-doing he is alleging and (b) why it has taken him this long to speak up.

yeah, she's really hot man.

It must be a thankless task defending her day after day. Take a holiday some time, bro.

Do you mind telling us what the "attack" is that is supposedly being "defending"? Surely this "attack" qualifies only as "smear".

Off the top my head, she is the worst PM since Billy McMahon, has no judgement (not in dispute), is an opportunistic liar (ask Wilkie) and is "a conservative careerist" (ask Tanner).

On top of that, her law career ended in a dodgy circumstances and she assisted in helping two others commit a half million dollar fraud against the AWU.
Well as I heard last night put up or shut up . Remember where is the proof the evidence where is anything when its her enemies that go after her. Nothing substantial. Even if you think heresay is evidence, even if some well credentialed poli or journo says this is what happened and that is what happened .
Its still all about getting her. Slipper was about getting her out Thomson was about getting her out, thats all the opposition are about getting her out not about running the country. Every needs to open their eyes a bit and look at the forrest not the trees.
Why is she the worst PM ever , remember Billy McMahon, what she has done has tried to run a government with everyone and anyone with a bone to chew trying to kill her.
The point once again is Abbott would be doing the same . And under the conditions and the times we are talking about now you,d be calling him the worst Pm ever. He wouldn,t have been and definately she isn,t.

Quite simple evo i'm a Labor supporter & if i believe that all this crap is just a beat-up by right wing idiots who are not game enough to come out in the open with their allegations then defend her i will.
Well said . I defend her too. What is EVO on about is he a rampaging right winger with a small dinger.

I said ages this felt like a union/Labor culcha issue to me and it seems it was :D

Trouble is Noddy too many people have first hand knowledge of what really happened at the time and it is they and Team Rudd who are kicking it along now. And more to come I reckon.

Well maybe put a bad way . But when Gillard (Rudd) does something like the bonus' for the population during the start of the GFC every Lib started saying we are now in terrible debt and this will stuff the country. Well it turned out to be a good thing for us if you look at the rest of the world. The school program to build canteens and halls etc which some say was a waste of money building things that people don,t need or want , well some things were needed and wanted , but it was not about the buildings it was about the stimulus and to get people working and doing things so they could get paid and spend money which is what makes the economy go round .
Gillard was condemned for her part, but it was done with good intent and in most part helped.

The crooked business men that killed some young people in rooves with the insulation operation were the culprits , not the government, the government again was attempting to help and did so in most cases. But the government and Gillard especially were targeted as the killers, who drives the hatred for this woman has got me???
Also we have the refugee politics , which is obscene, but the Opposition did nothing but stall and inflame the whole argument using a little bit of the Aussie red necked bigotry which some Australians hold very close in their attitudes, pity but its true, the government being a minority was in such a position that they were dictated to by small parties and independants, stood over by Wilkie I think regarding gambling , but had other powerful people ramming them the other way. POINT IS, ONEVOTE TONY WOULD HAVE FACED EXACTLY THE SAME THING ,MAYBE HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CRUSHED AND BELITTLED AND BADGERED AS MUCH AS JULIA GILLARD, BUT POLITICIANS WITH SMALL APPENDAGES SEEM TO DISLIKE THIS WOMAN WITH A RAGE OR JEOLOUSY the LIKE I,VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.But she is tougher than them all.
She has been held down by minority govt and yet has tried like bloody hell to get things done even with stymying dogs like tony and some liberal ratbags, some of her own people have had their reputations ripped up by unproven provocative accusations in the name of getting her out and getting yourself in , al la
Tony "onevote" Abbott selling his arse for power .

Well this may be another rant, but the hatred for Gillard is just amazing , why ? Is it the way the opposition and its media bum lickers and shock jocks set up stories to make her look terrible and aventually the public, with only a few delving deeply into the issues presented to them, start to hate her as well , like bloody sheep.
This is about running our country not about Tony being PM. But thats all Tony wants and whether he became the best PM that ever lived in the whole bloody world he has done absolutely nothing but try to mess up the current government in any way that him and his cronies can find.
Every dirty little trick in the book . Look at the Slipper thing and the individuals that are involved , this is filth at its worst.
So I think the only decent thing to do as an opposition is let the good things through and debate the things disageed with but stymying the government of the day for the reasons Abbott does is almost bleeding treasonous.
And watch out average working people , watch out for the throat slitting in the pay and penalty areas .
If you don,t think about what your throwing out, and, what your letting in. You,ll soon find out with Abbott the rabbit.

Actually Abbott and Julia are good friends.

The Opposition is only doing what Oppositions are mean't to do. And demonising and trying to destroy Opp leaders is what governments are mean't to do. Its not personal between Gillard and Abbott, its politics.

But I very much like your sentiments- especially in relation to KRudd!

For a Big Footy thread this should be in Bay 13 it is such nonsense. Despite repeated requests from myself and others NO SPECIFIC ALLEGATION OF WRONGDOING by Julia has even been suggested. The "highest" the allegations get are "Julia has questions to answer". And what questions are these? Well Richo on quanda and DR can think of a beauty, up.

Thanks, I agree it is a beauty. If she billed the AWU for that work, she has questions to answer.

For a Big Footy thread this should be in Bay 13 it is such nonsense. Despite repeated requests from myself and others NO SPECIFIC ALLEGATION OF WRONGDOING by Julia has even been suggested. The "highest" the allegations get are "Julia has questions to answer". And what questions are these? Well Richo on quanda and DR can think of a beauty, thus:

The answer to all of this is simple. Slater and Gordon investigated the matter at the time. If anyone had an interest in getting rid of a dishonest partner it was S & G. What happened? Julia cooperated fully with the investigation and satisfied her partners completely. We know she resigned of her own choosing to pursue what, on any measure, would be regarded as a successful political career. She is clearly still mates with 2 partners at that time (Murphy, now a Federal Court judge) and Peter Gordon (something of a legal legend in his own lifetime).

Ha Ha Ha! Not what Peter Gordon says

Nevertheless, the partnership was extremely unhappy with both (name redacted) and Ms Gillard, considered that proper vigilance had not been observed and that their duties of utmost good faith to their partners especially as to timely disclosure had not been met. The partnership considered terminating (name redacted) and Ms Gillard. It is fair to say that (name redacted) and Ms Gillard also developed considerable antipathy towards the other partners and made their unhappiness clear as to what they saw as our failure to understand their position and to support them. It was clear the relationships had broken down irretrievably.

Mates with those two? Ha Ha Ha! Murphy was the other one and under investigation, and Gordon hardly speaks to her

These events occurred seventeen to twenty years ago. They were a most unhappy time at the firm in which some longstanding friendships were shattered. However, we believe that we complied with our legal and complex ethical obligations as best we could. I did not speak to Ms Gillard for about seven years after these events and since then have resumed occasional contact with her mainly at Bulldogs games.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...fit-of-the-doubt/story-fn59niix-1226454518031

Well done Windover!

I said ages this felt like a union/Labor culcha issue to me and it seems it was :D

Trouble is Noddy too many people have first hand knowledge of what really happened at the time and it is they and Team Rudd who are kicking it along now. And more to come I reckon.

Looking forward to the leaking of Gillard's interview with the S&G partners?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back