Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

So in the end, we discovered that there were some dodgy Union blokes in the 1990's.

Well slap me in the face and call me Sandra. Who would have known that?

As soon as Abbott backed off I knew it was a soft argument.
As soon as they let Bishop try and attack her it showed they had nothing left to fight with.

I love the media back and their torch bearers here saying "Bishop must be sacked" "end this now etc".

The ALP knows the punches will keep coming and they, their media pack and the usual torch bearers will keep insulting Bishop and Abbott in the hope they can shut this down.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes and getting out the popcorn!

I love the media back and their torch bearers here saying "Bishop must be sacked" "end this now etc".

The ALP knows the punches will keep coming and they, their media pack and the usual torch bearers will keep insulting Bishop and Abbott in the hope they can shut this down.

I've always considered accusing the media of bias as being somewhat akin to Godwin's Law, particularly when most of the media has been anti-government pretty much from day 1.

This "story" will be dead by the end of the week. Bookmark this post.

I've always considered accusing the media of bias as being somewhat akin to Godwin's Law, particularly when most of the media has been anti-government pretty much from day 1.

you are kidding right? There are sections of the media that are pro Liberal - e.g. non-abc talk back radio. Put the Press Gallery and ABC are so far up ALP's bum....

I thought the story pretty much ended with Julie Bishop's presser yesterday, all we need to do now is sit around and wait for the recriminations.
It's rare you see journos savage an MP the way they did Bishop yesterday.

yes the Canberra Press Gallery running defence for the PM.

Doesn't stop the story. Senior members of the Gallery are on record for calling PM in 07 when issue was first raised apologising for it being raised.

When Bishop raised these allegations a few months ago she had zero calls from Press Gallery and ABC. When ALP ran the Bishop asbestos line her phone was ringing off the hook from ABC journos and Press Gallery journos.

The Canberra Press Gallery is like a well trained Labrador - Gillard points in one direction and says "run" and they follow repeating her commands.

Their obedience hasn't killed the story and it won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillard "I did nothing wrong"
Craig Thomson "I've done nothing wrong"

There are a lot of people within the Labor Party doing "nothing wrong".
Thank God they have clarified it for everyone.

Just waiting for Obeid, McDonald and Michael Williamson to come out with the "I've done nothing wrong" defence.

This "story" will be dead by the end of the week. Bookmark this post.
Anyone else see Showdown last night? Hear the "consorting with married woman " comment ?

I knew it ...
I ****in' knew it.
Tim's a front !:D

She wants to be careful what mud she starts slinging right about now I'd reckon !!!!:D

Look, people can continue to spin this story, because in the end it cannot be proven either way, maybe Gillard did do what she has been accused of, but the burden is on the accusers is to prove her guilt, which so far they have not been able to do, and I would suspect they will be unable to do. So we are reduced to, as Dennis Shannahan has done in today's Oz, questioning her character, again, which is not unreasonable, as there is some evidence of poor judgement in this case, that said, she's no orphan in Canberra when it comes to showing poor judgement in the past.
But the Libs have backed themselves into a corner here, if they ignore the subject in question time today it will look like they have backed down, while if they continue the line of questioning that they have for the previous two days, it's going to look like they are flogging a dead horse. This story was bubbling along nicely in the press, they didn't have to pick it up and run with it in the way that they have.
The sooner Abbott realises that this government will go full term and starts to articulate his party's strategy accordingly the better it will be for the Liberal Party, because at the moment they are floundering, badly.

Just how many meetings has Ms Bishop had with the known fraudster Mr Blewitt who was conveniently brought across the seven seas back to this country by none other than Mr Mike Smith who apparently organized any such meetings that took place between Bishop & Blewitt, just what are the links between Mike Smith & George Brandis whose head just about burst into flames last night when challenged by M Lathom on the Sky News program Showdown concerning an inflammatory article (which has now been removed) that Smith put up on his web site about the Prime Minister & her trip to Afghanistan.

This stinks to high heaven of a long running set-up by right wing nuts under the guidance of the Liberal Party.

Look, people can continue to spin this story, because in the end it cannot be proven either way, maybe Gillard did do what she has been accused of, but the burden is on the accusers is to prove her guilt, which so far they have not been able to do, and I would suspect they will be unable to do. So we are reduced to, as Dennis Shannahan has done in today's Oz, questioning her character, again, which is not unreasonable, as there is some evidence of poor judgement in this case, that said, she's no orphan in Canberra when it comes to showing poor judgement in the past.

Pretty good summary imo Gough. Underlying the story, however, is not spin but the evidence being provided by Ian Cambridge and Styant Brown and the allegations arising therefrom. Until these two go away and Rudd/McClelland gives up, , the story won't end.

But the Libs have backed themselves into a corner here, if they ignore the subject in question time today it will look like they have backed down, while if they continue the line of questioning that they have for the previous two days, it's going to look like they are flogging a dead horse. This story was bubbling along nicely in the press, they didn't have to pick it up and run with it in the way that they have.
The sooner Abbott realises that this government will go full term and starts to articulate his party's strategy accordingly the better it will be for the Liberal Party, because at the moment they are floundering, badly.

JB was getting a lot of stuff on the record yesterday in Hansard in relation to the issue of JG's renos being paid for out of the assoc. Remains to be seen if this pays off in any substantial way, but she's put it in the bank.
As far as I can make out so far, they are trying to establish JGs critical role in hoodwinking WA Corp Affairs. Saw that Pyne pointedly raised the matter of JGs alleged letter to Corp Affairs this morning. Perhaps this is the ace they think they've got in the hole on that issue. Anyway, if step 1 succeeds then they will raise the personal benefit angle using some of the stuff put in hansard yesty. That seems the most likely strategy imho.

However JB is reminding me of Mike Smith - inflated with the rightness of the cause. I remember Gough being like that just before Kerr sacked him. JB riding hard for a fall if she doesn't wake up to herself.

(Other side, of course, is that Step 1 fails in which case they'll be left looking very weak!)

Julie Bishop's last presser was a pisser! She eventually admitted to "unknowingly" having a phone conversation with Blewitt! watching this blow up in her face is like comedy in motion, its a thing of great beauty :D

Arrow25 I'll take your money. News Ltd has dropped this from their front pages like its hot! The issue will be deader than Julie Bishop's career by this time next week :p

Anyone else see Showdown last night? Hear the "consorting with married woman " comment ?

I knew it ...
I ****in' knew it.
Tim's a front !:D

She wants to be careful what mud she starts slinging right about now I'd reckon !!!!:D

I thought he misspoke and meant to say "married men".

I have never heard anyone suggest Gillard is a lesbian or bisexual.

Personally I don't care if she is gay or straight, but I do have an objection to her sleeping with people that are married to other people. As a one off - sure, but with her it is a pattern. To me that goes to character - but fully understand for many (if not most) they would have no objection to such behaviour.

I thought he misspoke and meant to say "married men".

I have never heard anyone suggest Gillard is a lesbian or bisexual.

Personally I don't care if she is gay or straight, but I do have an objection to her sleeping with people that are married to other people. As a one off - sure, but with her it is a pattern. To me that goes to character - but fully understand for many (if not most) they would have no objection to such behaviour.

I think he meant exactly what he said. As a one off sure ...WTF ?
I have no objection to it either ...but in the end, it would be another lie. And unless she wants a list read out about things people have said abput her, frankly, she should just shut her mouth.
And that goes to character.

Just how many meetings has Ms Bishop had with the known fraudster Mr Blewitt who was conveniently brought across the seven seas back to this country by none other than Mr Mike Smith who apparently organized any such meetings that took place between Bishop & Blewitt, just what are the links between Mike Smith & George Brandis whose head just about burst into flames last night when challenged by M Lathom on the Sky News program Showdown concerning an inflammatory article (which has now been removed) that Smith put up on his web site about the Prime Minister & her trip to Afghanistan.

This stinks to high heaven of a long running set-up by right wing nuts under the guidance of the Liberal Party.

What you have shown here is that you have zero credibility as a poster.

You accuse Bishop for speaking with Blewitt, the man the PM was close friends with for four years. You neglect to mention Wilson, the man she bedded for 4 years and is an accused fraudster!

You then comment on the Mark Latham interview, where even most Labor people are saying Latham came across as completely unhinged. His conduct is already the subject of a Press Council complaint and I know, from speaking with them last night, that senior producers at Sky News are very worried about a defamation claim coming their way. I have also reviewed Latham's critique of Smith's website posting - it is factually wrong. Smith's "smile" comment was in relation to the mainstream media finally starting to cover the AWU scandal, not the post by some idiot in the comments section.

Brandis was annoyed last night because of the aggressive and unprofessional manner in which Latham acted. I bet you Latham never appears on Sky again and I understand the AFR is presently considering terminating his contract.

You miss the very interesting point from Showdown last night (which I note most of the media has missed, including Mr Smith) - Blewitt actually said he withdrew money from the fund at the direction of Wilson and delivered to Wilson at Gillard's residence. I wonder if Gillard was home at the time?

I clicked every word in your post... And not one gave me a link to any evidence supporting your claims. Do I need to hold shift, and left click or something?

Go to www.2gb.com and go back and listen to each Steve Price podcast from 12 November to 16 November and in one of those nights was an interview with Bishop where she states this directly. I know because I listen to the podcast each night at 10pm when I do my evening swim.

Sorry but this isn't a research paper - it is a forum for discussing politics. If you want every post to be referenced then I think you have come to the wrong place. You can choose to believe what I say or not - doesn't bother me. I don't sit around looking for approval of someone on an internet forum - I share my opinion. I don't make up facts or mislead, but obviously have personal biases like all posters. How you choose to assess my posts is entirely a matter for you (and vice versa).

Julie Bishop's last presser was a pisser! She eventually admitted to "unknowingly" having a phone conversation with Blewitt! watching this blow up in her face is like comedy in motion, its a thing of great beauty :D

Arrow25 I'll take your money. News Ltd has dropped this from their front pages like its hot! The issue will be deader than Julie Bishop's career by this time next week :p

first it was Thursday and now it is next week...

Make up your mind?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back