Gillon McLachlan's meeting with the Lions and the end of Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing we haven't heard, in fact it seemed like Barrett had got all his info from the Springfield thread on here. The only big comment was Leigh Matthews to be chairman in 12 months but he didn't even elaborate.

Yep big disappointment ...Sorry wasn't a red alert at all...purple popper at best....Leigh to be chairman ...Garry was amused...although the classified eyebrows all raised over Sharpless being Deputy Chairman of the Springfield Land Corporation and wanting to move the Lions there.....no money.. no funding and Purple stating Gill wants answers......Belated footy fodder..

I hear Gill yelled at the club and told us to win more games and make more money.
Gil.gif

Did anyone else hear Voss telling Gillon McLachlan what needed to be done to aid Brisbane on SEN on Saturday morning? I can't rate Voss anymore highly than I already do, but after listening to him stick it to Gillon on behalf of a club that treated him shabbilly at the end you almost want him as Chairman of the Board immediately because he is across the lot of it. It seems we shafted our only pro to be left with amateurs at the controls. I'm trying to find the audio but it was 1st class.

I hear Gill yelled at the club and told us to win more games and make more money.

Gill instructing Sharpless.... robust conversation

(Young Arthur) Gill
: You make contact with your members. Understand their needs. And then flog them something they could well do without.

(Young Arthur) Gill: Get your retaliation in first, Bob - basic rule of AFL fair-play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If .... Leigh Matthews takes over as Chairman of the Brisbane Lions
Then ... Damian Barrett might stop hammering us in his stupid column every week. BECAUSE HE WAS RIGHT!! :rolleyes:

It's quite telling that the panel really had no clue what Springfield was ... and were "telling a story" when it came to Sharpless' involvement in Springfield.

It's quite telling that the panel really had no clue what Springfield was ... and were "telling a story" when it came to Sharpless' involvement in Springfield.
They need to get on BigFooty more. I was sick of talking about this s**t over a year ago.

Let's hope Barrett is actually right for once!

Michael Conlan as CEO, Lethal as Chairman and Gill to take a fresh look at all options for our new admin/training base....... if that happened all I could say is WOWWEEEE

This link worked for me.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...another-shakeup/story-fnca0u4y-1226908056755#

Summary of article (by Greg Denham so, you know, grain of salt):

- Holmes gone by end of year
- 7th consecutive year of loss and debt of $10M
- several influential Lions people, including one major benefactor, moved to the Suns
- board dysfunctional and not representative of membership
- disenfranchising people; number of long time, wealthy Brisbane people have lost interest or support the Suns

Nothing new here - just confirmation to the outside world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back