Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Plus the fact that Collingwood have been 'hiding' Moore. Didn't they pull him from the AIS Europe tour or something similar?

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
I think he would mean their existence at AFL level or the existence of their sole AFL identity.

I m not sure about that at all. Swann referred to Fitzroy bring sold to Brisbane and implied that Fitzroy was liquidated. Neither happened. I just hope he understands that the Lions are the custodians of the Fitzroy Football Clubs AFL history in the AFL and not the owners of it.

Fitzroy Football Club own that history.

Anyway we'll see. He's not the CEO just yet.

I heard it was a swan from the Botanical Gardens pond and it will be able to lord it over the the geese that run this club.

Dec 18, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar,Halifax Town AFC
The article basically says Swann is miles in front as our preferred option. He asked for more time to make a decision and the club gave it to him. Weighing up racing Vic or Lions.
I think Greg Davies has been reading Big Footy, I didn't read anything in that article that I haven't read before right here.

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This thread is in danger of flying off course with this upcoming announcement. Hopefully we can stay on topic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new CEO being announced this week - a security camera set with video decoder by Swann.

swann.jpg

adey115

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2001
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy side of the family.
Alan Bond is our new CEO I take it.

As per the old ad from the 80s, apparantly this Swan's made for you....

Alas, I believe we're merging with the West Kalgoorlie Lions, with home games now in WA.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Alan Bond is our new CEO I take it.

As per the old ad from the 80s, apparantly this Swan's made for you....

Alas, I believe we're merging with the West Kalgoorlie Lions, with home games now in WA.

In that case, I can't wait for the unveiling of our new Ken Done* guernseys.

*Could be worse, they could contract Jenny Kee.

I think Greg Davies has been reading Big Footy, I didn't read anything in that article that I haven't read before right here.

Hasnt been for the entire time. Swann was always the favourite, they just tried to out scoop themselves with bringing up other people who "now look likely". The magic of using vague words in journalism like "understands" and "believed to be".

QLDatHEART

Team Captain
May 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sick of how long this is taking. GET THIS DONE!

If it is Swann that gets the job it'll take a couple of months for him to settle in to a new state. By thwn we wont have had a dedicated CEO for half a year or longer.

Doesnt matter. His job doesnt end with the footy season. Id rather get the best guy rather then settle for a quicker option. He can start work from Melbourne working closely with his mate Gil on some AFL funding and the draw next year.

QLDatHEART

Team Captain
May 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Doesnt matter. His job doesnt end with the footy season. Id rather get the best guy rather then settle for a quicker option. He can start work from Melbourne working closely with his mate Gil on some AFL funding and the draw next year.
Yeah I guess so. So can we simply things for a moment and just say the name of the person you want to be our CEO.

Swann.

Whoever gets the job the AFL is going to want them to get us out of the red and get us facilities. Noting new facilities will probably contribute towards improving the bottom line, depending where we end up.

I think our new CEO will get busier during the off season TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back