gillon's comments speaks volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Look of course the AFL honcho wants to spread the love around. Who cares.

He's going to be furious if we carry off a threepeat, particularly if we knock off another interstate club !!!
Gil is an AFL and Essendon love child.
Gill is married to the daughter of Brian Blythe
Blythe was Chairman and Director of Spotless Catering who have AFL catering rights.
Ron Evans (father of David) was a business partner of Blythe and a director of Spotless.
Evans and Blythe got Andy Demitriou the job as AFL CEO.
And now Gill has the plum.
What a coincidence!!!

Taylor Swift is arguably the 'hottest brand' in music today. Who would you rather be? Her or AC/DC, Led Zepellin, The Beatles, Black Sabbath etc?
Well...... there's a healthy percentage of members in each of the bands you've mentioned who've died.

Meanwhile, back on topic - let 'em talk the others up. It's just hot air.

I've been keeping an very informal, mental, not-at-all-scientific count of articles about afl clubs over the off season. Some clubs, such as Carlton of late, have clearly had their communications departments working over time, feeding the chooks with a view to generating excitement in the supporter base.

Hawthorn don't really do this, and haven't for a good many years.

To me, it reflects a completely settled club. And everyone who works at the club knows that it's all about getting the next flag, especially at this moment where the quality of the football speaks louder and clearer than any press release or player interview after training ever could. Bit of the old "never complain, never explain".

I sense a bit of Clarko's influence here because, bloody hell, that canny bastard never gives anything away. In fact, the only time I've ever felt he's being honest and open is when he's calling some journalist a f**kwit.

So Kochie can cry to the heavens, and regale us all with tales of how fit and fabulous his side is. He can spread his stories of how the headmaster put a smiley sticker on his textbook. I'm happy with that because I know that down at Waverley, everyone will have their heads down working on bringing home the chocolates in 2015.

Except for the media department, who probably only come in for half a day Monday.

Taylor Swift is arguably the 'hottest brand' in music today. Who would you rather be? Her or AC/DC, Led Zepellin, The Beatles, Black Sabbath etc?
I'd like to be Taylor Swift as she is slightly attractive ;) but, I do prefer girls

Black Sabbath would be good but, I like people to understand what I'm saying

Beatles would be pretty cool except, I'm enjoying being alive

So it's a toss up between AC/DC & Led Zeppelin

I love listening to both but probably lean, ever so slightly, towards AC/DC

Taylor is pretty sexy though

Well...... there's a healthy percentage of members in each of the bands you've mentioned who've died.

Meanwhile, back on topic - let 'em talk the others up. It's just hot air.
Interestingly one of the guys in Black Sabbath who died had a surname Gillen.

Blythe was Chairman and Director of Spotless Catering who have AFL catering rights.
Ron Evans (father of David) was a business partner of Blythe and a director of Spotless.
What a coincidence!!!
So you are saying that you need to have a Spotless record to get the AFL CEO job.

One of Gil's children is called Sydney. Make what you will of that.
Maybe, like Beckham, it's named after where it was conceived.

I'm sure there is a child of a crows supporter who is called Pool Table. ;)

I've been keeping an very informal, mental, not-at-all-scientific count of articles about afl clubs over the off season. Some clubs, such as Carlton of late, have clearly had their communications departments working over time, feeding the chooks with a view to generating excitement in the supporter base.

Hawthorn don't really do this, and haven't for a good many years.

To me, it reflects a completely settled club. And everyone who works at the club knows that it's all about getting the next flag, especially at this moment where the quality of the football speaks louder and clearer than any press release or player interview after training ever could. Bit of the old "never complain, never explain".

I sense a bit of Clarko's influence here because, bloody hell, that canny bastard never gives anything away. In fact, the only time I've ever felt he's being honest and open is when he's calling some journalist a f**kwit.

So Kochie can cry to the heavens, and regale us all with tales of how fit and fabulous his side is. He can spread his stories of how the headmaster put a smiley sticker on his textbook. I'm happy with that because I know that down at Waverley, everyone will have their heads down working on bringing home the chocolates in 2015.

Except for the media department, who probably only come in for half a day Monday.

The Hawks are extremely fortunate though. They have 70/80k members, success, flushed with cash. It might be a different game if the cards did not fall for the hawks how they have.

Crap my boy would have been called Tynewald and my daughter Blackstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to be Taylor Swift as she is slightly attractive ;) but, I do prefer girls

Black Sabbath would be good but, I like people to understand what I'm saying

Beatles would be pretty cool except, I'm enjoying being alive

So it's a toss up between AC/DC & Led Zeppelin

I love listening to both but probably lean, ever so slightly, towards AC/DC

Taylor is pretty sexy though

If the "deal" to become taylor swift was that you could only have lesbian sex I could handle that

The footy can't come soon enough when threads like this are up and about

Hawks by 67 points to the pies this Thursday night

Koshie likes the sound of his own voice too much. After all..thats what he gets paid to do...espouse opinions.

Absolutely love how Hawthorn don't get sucked into talking themselves up or sooking about other clubs. Just a steely, determined approach to achieving the absolute best that they can, with what they have got and doing it with professionalism, humility and respect.

I would love to see them go three peat mostly for the future history of the club. But it would also be so thoroughly deserved by every player, employee, volunteer and supporter associated with this amazing club.

Even so...I still don't think that some will take us seriously....but who cares. Remember what happened last year (football world)...do it again at your own risk.

Koshie likes the sound of his own voice too much. After all..thats what he gets paid to do...espouse opinions.

Absolutely love how Hawthorn don't get sucked into talking themselves up or sooking about other clubs. Just a steely, determined approach to achieving the absolute best that they can, with what they have got and doing it with professionalism, humility and respect.

I would love to see them go three peat mostly for the future history of the club. But it would also be so thoroughly deserved by every player, employee, volunteer and supporter associated with this amazing club.

Even so...I still don't think that some will take us seriously....but who cares. Remember what happened lareest year (football world)...do it again at your own risk.

I agree 100% Even the players exhibit this. Very humble, but you can see how much they want to succeed. Hodge during the 2014 gf parade springs to mind. The look in his eyes said it all - we're ready, and nothing's gonna stand in our way.

What a coincidence!!!
Good old boys club.
The Essendon scandal has really upset the apple cart.

I always wondered how my carlton supporter friend "dunny behind the grandstand at princes park" got his name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back