Giro d'Italia 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Aware. I'm not condoning it but Uran isn't just battling against Quintana, he's battling Evans, Aru and Majka too. If he gains 50 seconds on Quintana from here to the finish and ends up ahead of him on GC but allow Aru to jump him and gain a minute he's no better off except he's got two blokes on his tail, not one.
complete contradiction

Don't need to watch the race anyone, its another Froome style snorefest from here on in thanks largely to a downhill blunder by the race organizers.

Don't need to watch the race anyone, its another Froome style snorefest from here on in thanks largely to a downhill blunder by the race organizers.

There was ample time for the other top riders to get their s**t together and work as a cohesive unit to catch Quintana, Rolland and Hesjedal. Instead they kept looking at each other to do the work.

Hardly a snore fest with the field so close together unless you're only concerned about top spot.

Amazing ride from Quintana. Absolutely deserves to win it from here after an effort like that. Only thing better would be if Froome was race leader and he copped that.

I must also admit that whilst Quintana was awesome, the whole controversy around the neutralisation of the Stelvio descent sucks. Riders would not have stopped (like Evans, Uran, Kelderman etc) had they known the descent was not neutralised. You cant tell me Quintana descend better than Cadel. Poor communication has cost riders dearly and in the case of Uran it has probably contributed to costing him the overall win

Amazing ride from Quintana. Absolutely deserves to win it from here after an effort like that. Only thing better would be if Froome was race leader and he copped that.
If Froome was race leader he would have singlehandedly chased him down and won the stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must also admit that whilst Quintana was awesome, the whole controversy around the neutralisation of the Stelvio descent sucks. Riders would not have stopped (like Evans, Uran, Kelderman etc) had they known the descent was not neutralised. You cant tell me Quintana descend better than Cadel. Poor communication has cost riders dearly and in the case of Uran it has probably contributed to costing him the overall win

Although the stelvio descent has a cloud hanging over it, the riders can't use that as an excuse.

NQ, RH & PR began the final climb less than 2' ahead. NQ gapped RU & CE by 4' to 5' by the end.

It was a fair sized group of top 10 riders and a few strong domestiques and climbers who were merely concerned about protecting their standings. They had the time in the valley to work at reducing the gap against 3 riders (4 if you want to include Cataldo for a portion of it). Ultimately, the pink jersey was with them so they weren't going to help him out.

There was ample time for the other top riders to get their s**t together and work as a cohesive unit to catch Quintana, Rolland and Hesjedal. Instead they kept looking at each other to do the work.

Hardly a snore fest with the field so close together unless you're only concerned about top spot.
No one cares for 2nd best, if you can't win you may as well finish last

Orazio2Joe Much value on the H2Hs tonight?
Bouhanni decent odds against Nizzolo, Ferrari vs Farrar good odds too. They're the only ones I'd touch, but for some reason they're not letting me add them as a multi.

SBS boys really ripping into the Giro organisers over the "neutralisation" farce on yesterday's stage. Apparently Quintana rode past a motorbike waving a red flag when he did the bolt coming off the top of the Stelvia. Probably should have been docked the time he gained on the descent - which would leave him 2 seconds behind Uran. Completely unprofessional performance all round.

Signorina Maglia Azzurra, representing the competition for ...

BouhWF-IQAAzvPZ.jpg

There is honestly nothing worse than seeing a bunch of blokes with a great shot at winning it if they chase down a break just decide to look at each other instead. FFS wouldn't you prefer a 5% chance of winning it expending energy to reel in someone like Pirazzi than the 0% chance of doing nothing.

There is honestly nothing worse than seeing a bunch of blokes with a great shot at winning it if they chase down a break just decide to look at each other instead. FFS wouldn't you prefer a 5% chance of winning it expending energy to reel in someone like Pirazzi than the 0% chance of doing nothing.

I think its below 5% when you are chasing a break, and you expend alot of energy too. But yeah it does smack of riskless riding just hoping someone will crack or will crack on the net stage. You've basically explained most of Cadel's career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back