• Sydney

Votes: 330 69.9%
  • West Coast

Votes: 396 83.9%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 209 44.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Bulldogs home deck is Etihad, where you got smashed. You kicked straight in the final at the MCG and while losing almost every other category, against the 4th youngest team to play last year. They will get better, as most players hadn't even had 1 or 2 preseasons.
They will play first 8 games there next year. So, could be 7/1 or 6/2 or even 8/0 after eight games, before playing the dees at MCG.

My mistake on the venue. Don't get me wrong, I think the Bulldogs are a fantastic side. I loved watching them play last year and I have them down to make the 8 again this year. That's why I thought it was such a big effort for us to win a final against you guys in Victoria.

Last edited:
Whats places are unusual? Crows were unlucky in 2015. Saints and Giants, both are improving, they can't get worse.
A few have the Magpies in the 8.
Pretty sure it was similar to my prediction in the ladder prediction thread a few months ago.

I don't think Collingwood will make the 8, too many teams will push them out of the way.

I guess my eyebrows first went up when you put North on top, I haven't checked their draw, but they are fickle at best.

I don't disagree with you in regard to Sydney or GWS, although the ladder position of some teams is a little harsh.

But I don't see the Crows going any higher then 9-10 this year with their draw, they have a good list, but will struggle in 2016.

St Kilda will be a greater miracle than the Dogs last season.. again, haven't seen their draw, but they have a lot of work to do.

Its interesting, anything can happen I guess.

I don't think Collingwood will make the 8, too many teams will push them out of the way.

I guess my eyebrows first went up when you put North on top, I haven't checked their draw, but they are fickle at best.

I don't disagree with you in regard to Sydney or GWS, although the ladder position of some teams is a little harsh.

But I don't see the Crows going any higher then 9-10 this year with their draw, they have a good list, but will struggle in 2016.

St Kilda will be a greater miracle than the Dogs last season.. again, haven't seen their draw, but they have a lot of work to do.

Its interesting, anything can happen I guess.
North have made two preliminary finals in a row, I think they can make the grand final this year.

West Coast
Freo
Hawks
North
Dogs
Swans
Tiges
GWS

Port, Geelong & Pies are no chance.

Port because they have no Ryder, Dixon and Wantfrees.

Geelong because they are ancient and Selwood and Hawkins are underdone /injured.

Pies because they still have no 2nd option up forward and an ordinary ruckman.

Geelong because they are ancient and Selwood and Hawkins are underdone /injured.

Hawkins is neither injured or underdone.....in fact, he looks trimmer, fitter and stronger than I have ever seen him and hasn't missed a session.

The "ancient" line is also wrong....bit of a fail all round really....

Back on topic.....I picked the Pies, Tigers and Sydney to miss...and thought St Kilda as the smoky.....there's always one smoky........

Teams to make the 8 in no particular order

West Coast
Port
Hawthorn
Geelong
Bulldogs
Fremantle
North
St Kilda

Richmond
GWS
Sydney
Adelaide
GCS
Collingwood
Brisbane
Carlton
Essendon

West Coast
Freo
Hawks
North
Dogs
Swans
Tiges
GWS

Port, Geelong & Pies are no chance.

Port because they have no Ryder, Dixon and Wantfrees.

Pies because they still have no 2nd option up forward and an ordinary ruckman.

Last I checked Dixon was only out for a few weeks and will be back for round 1 and possibly get himself the last NAB game, but nice to know you have ruled him out for the season already

Fascinated by peoples view of the dogs. I expect them to be right up there.

They have a coach who in just one season, like another from the Hawk stable (Simpson) turn this club upside down.
If it wasn't for WC's dramatic rise which somewhat overshadowed their rise it would have been even more of a story.
Its also worth mentioning they get back, arguably their best player and ball winner in Libba.

WC
Haw
Rich
NM
WB
Port
Freo
Syd

Who knows. Reckon we've got our most even season in years.
Absolute log jam in the middle of the ladder right up until the last round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams I have making it, in no order:

Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
West Coast
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Richmond

Teams that wouldn't surprise me at all and the teams they'd replace:

Sydney (Collingwood)
Geelong (Western Bulldogs)

Everyone else has a less than 60 percent chance.

More often than not, there are one or two surprises, so, in order:

1. West Coast - Guns. The next Hawthorn IMO
2. Fremantle - Ageing but still decent. May be their last crack at it though.
3. Richmond - can take the next step if Cotchin gets back to his best.
4. Western Bulldogs - I think their list is underated.

5. Hawthorn - Put them here because it may be hard to get motivated again after a three-peat. Also, Roughead is a big loss.
6. Port Adelaide - Made a Prelim without Dixon and Ryder, and were missing Monfries quite often in the last 2 years so should be alright.
7. Geelong - Danger + easy draw should see them making the 8. I don't know about top 4 though.
8. Gold Coast - Talented list with a decent draw. Surprise entry.

IN:
+ Port Adelaide
+ Geelong
+ Gold Coast

OUT:
- Sydney: Lost nearly 1000 games of experience and are younger than what many think they are. Should be back in the 8 soon aft

- North Melbourne: Could rise to top 4 or could fall. Not sure, but I'll say they'll fall for now.

- Adelaide: They have a tough draw. The loss of Dangerfield will hurt too.

I can also see any one of Collingwood, GWS and Melbourne making the top 8 as well

I'm going with, in rough order:

Hawthorn
Fremantle
West Coast
Richmond
Sydney
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood

Actually, I don't even like that because I've left Port out and I think the Dogs could go higher. Then there's North but I don't feel as iffy about leaving them out as I do about Port.

Hawkins is neither injured or underdone.....in fact, he looks trimmer, fitter and stronger than I have ever seen him and hasn't missed a session.

The "ancient" line is also wrong....bit of a fail all round really....

Enright, Bartel, Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, Lonergan, Mackie are all on the slide and past their best

Will take a monumental effort from Danger just to pull you into the 8.

Still no ruckman to speak of, and a bunch of overrated kids headlined by the utensil and Guthrie.

Too many iffs for mine to make the 8 and contend, but you will beat Hawthorn in round 1 before reality sets in.

the crows did only win 3/9 games vs top 8 teams in the premiership season last year. They have 10 this year and have lost their best midfielder.

Through no fault of their own the Crows also had a major disruption mid-season 2015 the equivalent of which is highly unlikely to happen again this year. They have lost a quality midfielder but will gain another back from injury. Swings and roundabouts.

With a bit of luck the Crows might be able to break even in the games they play against last year's top 8 sides, some of whom may not be top 8 this year.

In no particular order:

Hawthorn
West Coast
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
North
Adelaide
Fremantle
Port

I went Port Adelaide to make it in instead of Richmond, not with any real confidence though.

I didn't select them but Adelaide, Collingwood and Gold Coast could well be in the mix to finish in the lower half of the eight. Looks like it could be a close year

For me the top 9 seem to pick themselves - which one will miss out is harder. I went doggies, but as likely to be geelong, north, or port.
Top Eight - Eagles, Freo, Richmond, Hawks, Sydney, North, Port, Geelong. If freo and richmond are in it, any other team that can nab top four would figure themselves almost a fifty fifty chance of a flag.
Then Dogs, then a gap - GWS just don't look quite ready - expect them to be right in it but fall away in the last quarter. Collingwood likewise. Adelaide not quite the class. Suns just have too much of a mess to recover from.
Saints and Demons are too far off and their youngsters may not last a full season. The last three also pick themselves, but expect Brisbane to improve. The Bombers should comfortably win themselves a much deserved chinese pine trophy.

West Coast
Richmond
Collingwood
Sydney
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Geelong
Melbourne

Freo were ordinary in second half of 2015, on the slide IMO

Adelaide, no Danger a 3rd coach in three seasons, tough start will see season over by half way

Port, fragile defensively, Dixon spends more time off the ground than on...

Dogs will have a frustrating year, just miss out.

Back