Glenn McGrath hunting photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Mugabe was in the news recently with obvious outrage at his slaughter of similar animals, to be eaten at a large banquet. That is the kind of sick individual that thinks it is OK to kill these creatures. It's also the kind of individual who makes these things "legal".

McGrath's apology is beyond pathetic, using his poor dead wife as some kind of justification. He's not sorry he did it, he's sorry people have found out about it.

As others have said, would love to see these heroes go into the wild sans guns, and give the animals a chance. I've been fortunate enough to see wolves in person in Yellowstone. A year later, they relaxed restrictions on hunting them, due to pressure from the redneck lobby who were so upset they had some competition and had to try harder to shoot defenseless elk, due to wolves controlling the population (and helping the ecosystem). First day of new hunting laws, two big wolves (collared, very important for scientific research) were shot a few feet outside the protected zone as the tough guys lay in wait for them to cross the line. Bravo.

What I find distasteful about his reaction is that he is using the memory of his late wife to try and excuse his act. That is crap because he has been blowing away wildlife for years. At least have the balls to man up and take responsibility for it and stop hiding behind the death of your wife.

What I find distasteful about his reaction is that he is using the memory of his late wife to try and excuse his act. That is crap because he has been blowing away wildlife for years. At least have the balls to man up and take responsibility for it and stop hiding behind the death of your wife.
honestly - this bloke is a shooter and has been for years. If I were to be so bold - it probably relaxes him and is clearly something he enjoys. Despite it being on the nose - the context for McGrath was he did something to put him at ease at what I can only imagine the is a very difficult time. That's the context - I am sure we don't go out and kill defenceless animals when nanna drops off the twig but we do something to get us through. In his case it was hunting (mind you if they want to make it truely sport, arm the animals too)

honestly - this bloke is a shooter and has been for years. If I were to be so bold - it probably relaxes him and is clearly something he enjoys. Despite it being on the nose - the context for McGrath was he did something to put him at ease at what I can only imagine the is a very difficult time. That's the context - I am sure we don't go out and kill defenceless animals when nanna drops off the twig but we do something to get us through. In his case it was hunting (mind you if they want to make it truely sport, arm the animals too)
There was no need to apologize then, was there?

So not only does he enjoy killing just for the sake of it, he's not even up to admitting the fact.

Killing for "fun", or "sport", or "relaxation", or to "get over grief" is a concept I cannot relate to. In any sense whatsoever.

It's no excuse for killing endangered wildlife. He should be very, very sorry.

First up we need to separate poaching a despicable act, and I applaud those who are giving up there lives to protect endangered species in Africa and all over the world. And game hunting which is controlled and legal.

I did not see a single endangered animal in the photo. I only spotted Elephant's and Water Buffalo in McGrath's photos. Both of which are in pleasureful supply in Zimbabwe, where the hunt took place. I have been to Africa and I love the place and the animals in-particular, in one of the animal reserves in Zimbabwe on the game drive we went on we where told that large numbers of elephant actually die of thirst in the dry season as the water holes run dry, and there numbers are still at very healthy levels.

As for the hunting, it is very controlled and the only elephants allowed to be hunted are usually sick, been kicked out of the herd or the old bull's that can no longer breed. As for the hunting of lions, they can only be shot out of the reserve and must be known killers of livestock. If a lion kills livestock and returns to the reserve they can not be touched. Big game hunting also brings in a millions of dollars into the economy, so on the economical side it could be seen as a necessary evil.

I am not a hunter, I have never even held a gun in my life. I despise the unwarranted killing of animals. I do however believe that in Africa who is very much a third world continent that there is a place for game/trophy hunting as long as it partaken under strict regulations which as it was explained to me in is.

I do agree about your point about elephants being very social animals though.

There was no need to apologize then, was there?

So not only does he enjoy killing just for the sake of it, he's not even up to admitting the fact.

Killing for "fun", or "sport", or "relaxation", or to "get over grief" is a concept I cannot relate to. In any sense whatsoever.
Hey I get that, he obviously felt the need to apologise but that's up to him.

You can't relate to this concept but McGrath obviously did as a sense of relaxation for him. Nowadays, hunting doesn't appeal to many at all and I accept this. People do what they do to get them through, this was his.

Mugabe was in the news recently with obvious outrage at his slaughter of similar animals, to be eaten at a large banquet. That is the kind of sick individual that thinks it is OK to kill these creatures. It's also the kind of individual who makes these things "legal".

Wow. Just wow. Even by BF standards, that is one of the worst attempts I've ever seen from someone trying to personally diminish people who don't have the same opinion as them.

By the way, if you do think it appropriate to imply the sickness of the views of Mugabe is similar to those of some posters here ... perhaps you might do us all the favour of reflecting on those instances when he said environmental regulations and protections (especially in his part of the world) weren't anywhere near strong enough. In other words, views that ... umm ... seem remarkably similar to yours. So maybe, by your own standards, you have some sort of sickness as well?

The bottom line is his views and actions are almost always insane, deluded and hypocritical on pretty much any subject you care to name. Bringing his name into this post (especially to hint, nudge nudge wink wink, at some kind of mental illness or sickness among some of us here) is just downright stupid and incredibly ill-informed, tbh.

I'm also not even going to bother with the rest of your post, which is (sadly) possibly even more naive.

Last edited:
I did not see a single endangered animal in the photo. I only spotted Elephant's and Water Buffalo in McGrath's photos. Both of which are in pleasureful supply in Zimbabwe, where the hunt took place. I have been to Africa and I love the place and the animals in-particular, in one of the animal reserves in Zimbabwe on the game drive we went on we where told that large numbers of elephant actually die of thirst in the dry season as the water holes run dry, and there numbers are still at very healthy levels.

As for the hunting, it is very controlled and the only elephants allowed to be hunted are usually sick, been kicked out of the herd or the old bull's that can no longer breed. As for the hunting of lions, they can only be shot out of the reserve and must be known killers of livestock. If a lion kills livestock and returns to the reserve they can not be touched. Big game hunting also brings in a millions of dollars into the economy, so on the economical side it could be seen as a necessary evil.

I am not a hunter, I have never even held a gun in my life. I despise the unwarranted killing of animals. I do however believe that in Africa who is very much a third world continent that there is a place for game/trophy hunting as long as it partaken under strict regulations which as it was explained to me in is.

Excellent points. But please be very wary of letting facts and common sense get in the way of some on here.

He did nothing of the sort. He merely explained why he did something he later regretted, because he wasn't in a good space due to his recent bereavement. He provided an explanation not an excuse. I'm not a fan of hunting at all but I think many people are being too harsh on Glenn here. Have none of you done something that you later regret, that in hindsight you can see was wrong? Heck of a lot of people on the moral high ground here, hope you all have a squeaky clean slate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did nothing of the sort. He merely explained why he did something he later regretted, because he wasn't in a good space due to his recent bereavement. He provided an explanation not an excuse. I'm not a fan of hunting at all but I think many people are being too harsh on Glenn here. Have none of you done something that you later regret, that in hindsight you can see was wrong? Heck of a lot of people on the moral high ground here, hope you all have a squeaky clean slate.

Nah he's sick in the head and a psychopath?

Didn't you know?

I don't know what all the fuss is about, Glenn's clearly an animal lover.

9RUHpuR.jpg

I have never seen this magazine before, looks like the New Idea of the cricket world! Did it include knitting patterns? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back