Glenn McGrath hunting photos

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not particularly enamoured of trophy hunters, particularly in the African context - at least when you're shooting pigs, foxes or rabbits in Australia you're helping to thin out the numbers of damaging invasive species.

But the situation is a tad more multilayered than the Twitter outrage brigade would like to think.

http://theconversation.com/trophy-hunting-is-not-poaching-and-can-help-conserve-wildlife-29938

There's a massive dick-pulling element to it though - the "great white hunters" like Stanley, Roosevelt et al were at least a decent chance of being done in by the game they were stalking. Potting elephants and bison from half a km away doesn't exactly compare.

Repugnant act to me.... don't think Glenn ran his response by his pr spin team either.

I dont get the mindset of shooting an animal like that under the most doctored conditions
and then having the balls to pose with it.

Makes you wonder how many lions and tigers he shot whilst in Africa as well, why couldn't he have stayed home and shot foxes and rabbits and wild pigs?
Hope it gets rid of Brett Lee from Channel nine as well.

The damage is done. Speaking to a friend of mine today she's totally dead-set against Glenn McGrath now, and there's no talking her out of it. That extends to the charity, and she'll find some other way of contributing through another organisation. I think she is being harsh and over the top linking the charity to the man, but I can't convince her otherwise.

The damage is done. Speaking to a friend of mine today she's totally dead-set against Glenn McGrath now, and there's no talking her out of it. That extends to the charity, and she'll find some other way of contributing through another organisation. I think she is being harsh and over the top linking the charity to the man, but I can't convince her otherwise.
I'd be hard pressed to think of anything more petty and mean spirited than boycotting a cancer charity.

That said, wikipedia tells me the charity more or less endorses greyhound racing, which is a far better reason to stop supporting it.

absurdity

I'd be hard pressed to think of anything more petty and mean spirited than boycotting a cancer charity.

That said, wikipedia tells me the charity more or less endorses greyhound racing, which is a far better reason to stop supporting it.
Have they come out and severed ties with the greyhounds yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiki says they claimed RSPCA support which didn't exist and got removed from the humane charities list. (No citations on the page though).
I've always wondered with how much money the must spend promoting and getting their names on things, how much of it actually gets to where it's needed.

But then without his name, and reputation the charity wouldn't anything and Jane would have just been another unfortunate woman who was lost to Cancer.

Makes you wonder how many lions and tigers he shot whilst in Africa as well, why couldn't he have stayed home and shot foxes and rabbits and wild pigs?
Hope it gets rid of Brett Lee from Channel nine as well.
I really doubt he shot any tigers.

Not really. Boycotting donating to cancer, yes. But there's plenty of cancer charities to give to, if you boycott one you can still give to dozens of others.

For me, hunting for fun is quite simply a pathetic attempt at feeling like a big man. Shooting an innocent and defenseless animal is disgusting.

McGrath was idiotic to do it and seemingly is only sorry because the photos of him boasting his trophies have eventually surfaced. His apology comes across as 'I was dealing with loss of life so I went out and killed animals'. * off.

For me, hunting for fun is quite simply a pathetic attempt at feeling like a big man. Shooting an innocent and defenseless animal is disgusting.

McGrath was idiotic to do it and seemingly is only sorry because the photos of him boasting his trophies have eventually surfaced. His apology comes across as 'I was dealing with loss of life so I went out and killed animals'. **** off.

No, he went out and did something he does for enjoyment. He's already known to go out bush shooting.

No, he went out and did something he does for enjoyment. He's already known to go out bush shooting.

For him, killing lives is enjoyment. For others, its disgusting. What he does in his spare time is up to him, but it still smacks of a dismissive 'I'm sorry I got caught' moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back