Society/Culture Glenn McGrath - White Hunter, Pink Heart

Remove this Banner Ad

As for not caring, a country lad who's been hunting his whole life went hunting 7 years ago. Who gives a ****? People are just led around by the nose by media, social and traditional.

Pretty much this. This thread pretty much shows how outraged people will get over essentially nothing.

Saw this on twitter - funny thought but relevant
PwROgqeL.jpeg

Pigs are actually quite intelligent animals that are kept in incredibly cruel conditions, ignorant comment.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***er. Pigs sleep and root in s**t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eating nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Pretty much this. This thread pretty much shows how outraged people will get over essentially nothing.
I'm actually not outraged by McGrath in particular.

I just don't understand the concept of killing for sport/fun/pleasure/recreation (take your pick).

And I actually think you've got to have a screw or two loose for deriving pleasure from killing something simply because you can.

So McGrath just happens to be the one highlighting my feelings. And you as well, because you think it is all "nothing".

So that's where I am coming from. I have strong feelings about the subject in general, not just one given thrill killer.

You got that out of a photo taken by someone else that McGrath never showed off?
Yeah fair enough if he posted it on his own twitter/facebook etc to show off but he didn't, someone found it hidden on a private game reserve website from 6 years ago :drunk:

It would be funny if it was Eddo Brandes (one of the few players, apart from Chanderpaul, to have put McGrath in his place for his dickhead sledging)

I just don't understand the concept of killing for sport/fun/pleasure/recreation (take your pick).

And I actually think you've got to have a screw or two loose for deriving pleasure from killing something simply because you can.
Do you get just as outraged over recreational fishers?
thoughts on shooting rabbits/roos/feral pigs etc as farmers need to do, is it wrong to enjoy it (e.g. as you would enjoy driving, not from a bloodlust perspective)

Do you get just as outraged over recreational fishers?
thoughts on shooting rabbits/roos/feral pigs etc as farmers need to do, is it wrong to enjoy it (e.g. as you would enjoy driving, not from a bloodlust perspective)
Fish get eaten. Farmers - as you yourself admit - need to do it.

So I am clearly not talking about things like that. I repeat - I am talking about killing for fun, recreation, etc. For the sake of it.

So please stop comparing apples with oranges, it does you no credit.

So I am clearly not talking about things like that. I repeat - I am talking about killing for fun, recreation, etc. For the sake of it.

If your kid starts killing animals for fun you'd send them to a shrink.

I wonder how many people complaining ate factory farmed bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning..
The fact that people are killing endangered species is definitely an issue to be concerned about.

The cruel treatment of domesticated animals for food has nothing to do with this issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Look at me! I shot dead a defenceless animal which wasn't expecting it and had no chance to run. And why did I do it - well, for fun of course. Just because I can. I'm such a hero. I'm so courageous! Yay for me! That makes my ***k so much bigger than yours."
I wonder what the reaction would be if he wasn't a cricketing hero and some tosspot sportsperson from another sport or celebrity in the entertainment industry.

If McGrath was to eat the elephant would that make it different?

The fact that people are killing endangered species is definitely an issue to be concerned about.
Private game reserves rely on the animals not becoming extinct, otherwise they would go out of business. As pokerspiv said before, these reserves are the ones conserving the animals and patronising them enables them to do so.

The big deal is these hunters are killing species that are getting close to extinct, that's the whole big fuss about it right?

You'd think so wouldn't you, the way the bozosphere is carrying on. But no, elephants have to be culled in many parts of Africa due to over population.

If McGrath was to eat the elephant would that make it different?
If he was killing animals out of necessity, that would change my view. I understand the need for that.

I'm to be convinced that that was what he was doing though.

Seemed like he was simply getting a kick out of killing something for the sake of it.

As he "regrets" it, that sounds like a reasonable assumption on my part too. I am sure if he was there out of necessity, he would say so.

I'm actually not outraged by McGrath in particular.

So McGrath just happens to be the one highlighting my feelings. And you as well, because you think it is all "nothing".

So that's where I am coming from. I have strong feelings about the subject in general, not just one given thrill killer.

So someone's got a different hobby than you and you don't get why they might like it. Big ******* deal.

Glen McGrath would probably find some of your habits and predilections odious. News for you pal, not everyone is made the same. Build a bridge.

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why isn't Kevin Rudd PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I know I will call the PM a fascist and to prove it I will quote The Guardian
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why isn't Kevin Rudd PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
EFT.

So someone's got a different hobby than you and you don't get why they might like it. Big ******* deal.

Glen McGrath would probably find some of your habits and predilections odious. News for you pal, not everyone is made the same. Build a bridge.
My hobbies don't involve killing something so you can get a hard on.

Completely different set of circumstances. For one that's for food purposes and not fun, and second chickens and pigs don't have the same level of consciousness.

Pigs are the smartest land mammal after primates and elephants. Everyone just ignores that because they are so tasty.

My hobbies don't involve killing something so you can get a hard on.
Do all your hobbies involve doing something to get a hard on?
If he was killing animals out of necessity, that would change my view. I understand the need for that.
You said recreational fishing was cool because fish get eaten - they don't get eaten "out of necessity" in most cases. Would it change anything if they put that deer on a spit and ate it for dinner? The only difference between that and fishing is the animal.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***er. Pigs sleep and root in s**t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eating nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Pigs natural habitat is woodlands. They sleep and root in s**t because that's how they are kept when domesticated and pigs can adapt to almost any conditions, which is another reason why they are the most widely farmed mammal.

Do all your hobbies involve doing something to get a hard on?

You said recreational fishing was cool because fish get eaten - they don't get eaten "out of necessity" in most cases. Would it change anything if they put that deer on a spit and ate it for dinner? The only difference between that and fishing is the animal.

Plus most recreational fisherman will kill certain fish and not eat them, particularly the ones used for bait.

It shows what kind of a pussy world we live in now where fishing shows on TV hardly ever show a fish getting killed. They always use lures or dead squid bait (because squid are even lower than fish on the cuteness scale) and they catch and release everything, even 20kg snapper which is obviously completely ridiculous as you don't go fishing so you can throw back a fish worth $500.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back