Society/Culture Glenn McGrath - White Hunter, Pink Heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Most people don't even blink if they find out that someone has shot a kangaroo or a rabbit.

But an elephant? And legally?! What a monster he is.

Pigs natural habitat is woodlands. They sleep and root in s**t because that's how they are kept when domesticated and pigs can adapt to almost any conditions, which is another reason why they are the most widely farmed mammal.

I was quoting a movie but thanks anyway

I don't particularly approve of hunting purely for entertainment (well actually the killing part, anyway), but I don't really see the problem as long as it was done properly. There are hunters who shoot animals only to bleed them out, those are the ones with no sense of ethics. But, I too, don't really see the thrill. Maybe it's the thrill of the chase, but I'd be wary about anyone who actually enjoys the act of killing itself.

thoughts on shooting rabbits/roos/feral pigs etc as farmers need to do, is it wrong to enjoy it (e.g. as you would enjoy driving, not from a bloodlust perspective)

Not farmers specifically, but the ones I despise are people who don't respect the animal and be casually cruel to them because it's an outlet for their sadistic tendencies. And they know they can get away with it because the animal in question is "feral". I would say it is wrong to enjoy it, you're taking away a life after all. What joy comes from snuffing out a life? I can see where the joy would come from if someone's very hungry and needs to hunt to survive, but this stuff is mostly recreational.

I would say if someone had a gun, shot an animal at close quarters, and watched its eyes as it struggled and its life drained away and they enjoyed that, then it's wrong, yes.

Why did McGrath apologise ? No point doing this when someone out you on social media - A weak effort by McGrath - Like Jono Brown who renounced his ambassadorship of the greyhound Industry in QLD, after the Four Corners report.

Branding is all important.

What joy comes from snuffing out a life? I can see where the joy would come from if someone's very hungry and needs to hunt to survive, but this stuff is mostly recreational.\.

The joy in hunting is setting yourself a challenge and striving to achieve it, just like in any other sport.

I don't think he's trying to cultivate a warm and cuddly image now. What does that even mean?

He does a lot of charity work. So what? People who hunt arent allowed to do charity work? What is the point here?

People are offended that someone did stuff they didn't like 7 years ago.

Private game reserves rely on the animals not becoming extinct, otherwise they would go out of business. As pokerspiv said before, these reserves are the ones conserving the animals and patronising them enables them to do so.

Yes of course - hunters are doing it because they love and respect the animals and are interested in conservation.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KB cracked the shits @ pigeon

571834-313b9518-da2b-11e3-bb5e-bb14174cd6c1.jpg

Yes of course - hunters are doing it because they love and respect the animals and are interested in conservation.:rolleyes:

Hunters are doing it because they like hunting, and are willing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it. And so the preservation of the species is guaranteed because it has economic value.

It makes you wonder why he apologized then. Why would he "regret" doing it, when he clearly enjoyed it?

It wouldn't have anything to do with protecting an image and a charity of course....................

i'm sure it had nothing to do with SJW hounding him and calling for a boycott of the charity named after his wife dedicated to preventing other women dying from the disease that took her life.

its obviously something he cares deeply about why wouldn't he try and protect it?

after all isn't that what the outraged people are trying to do? protect African animals by getting everyone to refuse to open their 100% genuine leather wallets and and handbags when it comes to vital cancer research?

i'm sure it had nothing to do with SJW hounding him and calling for a boycott of the charity named after his wife dedicated to preventing other women dying from the disease that took her life.

its obviously something he cares deeply about why wouldn't he try and protect it?

after all isn't that what the outraged people are trying to do? protect African animals by getting everyone to refuse to open their 100% genuine leather wallets and and handbags when it comes to vital cancer research?
It was a rhetorical question on my part. I knew the answer already.

McGrath's isn't the only cancer (or even breast cancer) charity by the way. If people strongly object to his killing for fun, there are other charities they can donate to.

So any implication that cancer research may suffer is a bit disingenuous.

"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

quoted from the highest selling book in the history of man, sold by five of ten richest religions in the world. The church of England alone has an investment portfolio worth $6.7 billion that generates over $250 million a year..... and we haven't even gotten to donation yet.

i suppose the irony of the religions using that quote throughout history to guilt the sick and dying into donating all their wealth to churches upon death which lead to their rise and influence across the world is completely lost on you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back