Global Force Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING LOCATES NEW PARTNERS ‘DOWN UNDER’
NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling has extended its borders again, this time reaching Australia and New Zealand.

PWA Australia out of Sydney (www.pwaaustralia.com), WrestleClash out of Melbourne (www.wrestleclash.com.au), Riot City Wrestling out of Adelaide (www.riotcitywrestling.com), Explosive Pro Wrestling out of Perth (www.epwperth.com) and Impact Pro out of Auckland (www.impactprowrestling.co.nz) are the latest promotions worldwide to agree to partner with GFW.

GFW now has partnerships in Mexico, Japan, England, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

“It seemed like a natural progression to reach out Down Under,” GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jartett said. “Professional wrestling has a solid fan base throughout Australia and New Zealand, and we’re pleased to have an opportunity to bring that product to America.

“All of our agreements just go to show the popularity of wrestling around the world. Wherever you go you can find athletes putting on great shows for their dedicated fans.”

Australian native and international TV star Rove McManus is excited to see his mates #JointheForce.

““I have witnessed firsthand some of the fantastic talent we have Down Under, and I believe the time is right to start showing the world why they breed us Aussies tough” McManus said. “Some of the best entertainers in the world have learned their craft in Australia and I have no doubt we have some of the best professional wrestlers in the world right at our doorstep.”
I'm a big fan of this news! RCW is my favourite Australian promotion,

People are definitely right to question whether this GFW project will ever get off the ground.

I'm more interested in what it looks like if it does get off the ground. I don't think they're making all these international partnerships and "building a database of over 500 performers" to create just another standard wrestling promotion.

I wonder if this might end up looking more like "local supercards" under the GFW banner, with the occasional supershow. For example, GFW Australia might be a supershow featuring wrestlers from Australian promotions. Then, maybe every 3-6 months they do a supershow "against" GFW USA or GFW Japan. You tape shows monthly, you show GFW Australia as a weekly show in Australia, and then you show GFW International as a "best of" show of stuff from around the GFW Network (where you'd concentrate on matches from whoever your next supershow was "against")

For the record, I don't think that's a model that would work if you're building from the ground. In fact I seem to remember WWE discussing this 10 years ago - if they decided it wasn't feasible, I don't think GFW are going to make it work.

But I'm obviously only guessing... I'm guessing to try and validate this promotion as anything more than a logo, a webpage, and a database of wrestlers who work for other companies. Cos at the moment it seems like nothing more than an elaborate hoax.

Yeah seen it couple days ago. Listened to a podcast the other day where they think it could be a modern day nwa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With multiple tapings, it sounds like they are confident of getting picked up.

I'll be very interested to see who they sign - there's a lot of talent out there, but not nearly as many recognisable names as there were when TNA began.

Global Force Wrestling announced Chael Sonnen as their color commentator today at their press conference to announce the roster in Las Vegas.

The press conference at The Orleans Arena, where they will tape television, announced a 7/24 debut date and announced Davey Boy Smith Jr., P.J. Black (Justin Gabriel), Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, Lance Archer, Chris Masters, Seiya Sanada, Thea Trinidad, Moose and Le'D Tapa.

It's much more impressive than what I was expecting. Bullet Club excites me, Sanada is a favourite of mine, Moose can only get better, and it looks like they're starting off with a pretty decent women's division. I would have liked to see some more names announced though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back