Going to be foolishly optimistic

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury. For a long time I saw him as 2 to Swan,and he was realistically I guess. But Swan couldn't be the example that this young team needs, not on all the professional levels that Pendles is. His game is just so selfless, so complete. Sure he could be slightly better overhead, a slightly better kick for goal, but how defensive can he be? How hard does he run both ways? I just hope we find someone good enough to let him off the leash at some stage. Otherwise I hope his professionalism sees him play until he's 38 with 400 games under his belt. Just love 'im.

I think that your post makes an important point. We really need to get an updated list of the best 22 players at the club ...in order of course. I havent seen such a list for months and it's something that should have been addressed in the last few months.

I'm optimistic that Buckley will be dumped as coach in the first 10 weeks of next season.......a person should try to maintain some positive goals in life...

I'm with you DAWESOME!!

Why not start every season with high hopes, and, at the very least, the intention of enjoying watching your team play?

It's why we follow a team!

We had our 'perfect storm' this year so maybe we'll have a 'perfect rainbow' next year :rainbow:

(What is the opposite of a 'perfect storm'?)

Winning flags is not the only reason I like watching Collingwood. Honestly, if we win more than we lose, and our players do well, I'll find some enjoyment in the season. (Obviously winning GFs is better, but that's happened twice in my lifetime, and I've still enjoyed footy in other times, even when it's ended in disappointment).
Performance based industry. Flags are what you play for.
If you say foolishly optimistic but yet you are saying thats only winning more games than we lose then we are turning in to laughing stock compared to the Hawks and Geelong who we were on par with only 3 seasons ago but yet now we don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Hawthorn.

I think that your post makes an important point. We really need to get an updated list of the best 22 players at the club ...in order of course. I havent seen such a list for months and it's something that should have been addressed in the last few months.
We really need to work out where Sidey fits into that list too. With all the Beams talk lately I completely forgot about him :D

I'm with you DAWESOME!!

Why not start every season with high hopes, and, at the very least, the intention of enjoying watching your team play?

It's why we follow a team!

We had our 'perfect storm' this year so maybe we'll have a 'perfect rainbow' next year :rainbow:

(What is the opposite of a 'perfect storm'?)
A flawed calm...

“You see Elaine, Billy was a simple country boy. You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.” — Kramer
I will see you Seinfeld (had to Google the quote) and raise you an Albert Einstein :)

"I'd rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right'

I'm optimistic because we still have this:

pendlebury375.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to work out where Sidey fits into that list too. With all the Beams talk lately I completely forgot about him :D

You're not the only one. A month or two ago, BF was talking about trading him. Others were happy with his output. We need to lock him away at a particular ranking so that we can make judgments on his performance next year. Lumumba will be gone. Lynch too. Other marginal players might leave too. We really need to bed down which players we're going to support. Players like Grundy and the various Bens are in transition. They could deserve support or fall away or level out.... The forum will have to make some critical calls in the new year. Sidebottom might be one of the few players we can reliably support throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back