World Cup Going to Brazil? (All travel details in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

mojito

misfortune comes in threes...
Feb 21, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel. Utd, Manc. Utd, Molde FK
As it says on the tin, all talk about getting over to the WC in here.

Tours, flights, accommodation and any specials. Find them and post them. Let's help each other out here.

Will update OP with links periodically

I have no idea how to do it. Want to, the missus is fuming that i want to...but i am such a s**t traveller i have no clue

Considering it a bit. Hanging around a bunch of grogged up, flag-bearing Aussie pricks will be tough, though. No way will I go to Russia or Qatar and I'll be too old for anything afterwards, so maybe. Maybe. I want to.

Would love to go as well and will need all the help I can get with organising a trip to Brazil.

I believe tix out on sale Aug 20 on fifa.com - is this the only way one can get tix?

Hopefully there will be a few going, but i've never slummed it and to stay the journey...ill need to run off the fumes off an oily rag. Will be tough

Would love to go as well and will need all the help I can get with organising a trip to Brazil.

I believe tix out on sale Aug 20 on fifa.com - is this the only way one can get tix?

Going through GGA or the Fanatics would be your best bet.

Even if, as Silent Alarm said, there will be a fair share of pricks going about

I was in Germany for 2006... didnt actually get into the stadiums, but the atmosphere outside in the fan parks and around the towns we played at were awesome. And the people were great... apart from the shithead Brazilian supporter in Munich who wouldnt get out of my face after we lost to them.

I am thinking of heading down there from the UK for the group matches. Should be interesting.

Considering it a bit. Hanging around a bunch of grogged up, flag-bearing Aussie pricks will be tough, though. No way will I go to Russia or Qatar and I'll be too old for anything afterwards, so maybe. Maybe. I want to.

If you organise your own trip and plan ahead you won't be around "a bunch of grogged up, flag-bearing Aussie pricks" and don't have to worry your pretty hipster mind about it. You have much to learn. Will contribute when sober. Meet up in Brazil!

Avoid the Fanatics tours at all cost.

Heard some interesting stories about what happened in 06, the camping tour setup one night got taken out for the night came back and their tents had been cleaned out of everything.

If you want stability and everything handed to you on a plate do their tour rather than anything else. They're professionals..kind of.

If you want stability and everything handed to you on a plate do their tour rather than anything else. They're professionals..kind of.
Was on the Fanatics tour in '06 as it was the only FFA accredited tour group that guaranteed tickets at the time i booked. Was in the hotel group but can verify the campers story from a few posts above. If I remember correctly happened the night of or before the Munich game against Brazil.

Their organisation in 06 had a lot to be desired for with group leaders consisting of ex-pat London based Aussies that were out of their depth and were in it for the free holiday for themselves.

Also went to South Africa. Love to make it three, but with a one year old will be a difficult sell to the wife

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Important to note for package offers such as Fanatics, Green and Gold etc etc, that differs from 2010.

http://www.ggarmy.com/Brazil2014/MORE-TRAVEL-INFO/Match-Tickets

Unfortunately, FIFA announced in July 2012 that it would not be operating the Official Tour Operator Program for Brazil. What this means is that no tour operator, including GGArmy On Tour, will be able to offer tickets with their travel packages for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.

Any tour operator which purports to offer tickets as part of a tour program is not authorised to do so, and we warn you of the risks of purchasing tickets from unauthorised travel operators. We are disappointed that we will not be able to provide you with a ticketing service.

I'd love to go... but I won't go on one of these booze-fuelled tour groups operated by self-interested hacks. Does anyone really think that tour groups such as the "Fanatics" are in it for anyone but themselves? (I can't believe people were made to camp on a tour group to South Africa)

The reason I like this thread is that I wouldn't have a clue where to begin organising my own trip that guaranteed tickets to the right games, hotels in the right places etc. I'm a very inexperienced traveller at the best of times without considering the bedlam of organising a world cup.

I guess if it doesn't happen I can at least console myself with the Asian Cup 6 months later...

Important to note for package offers such as Fanatics, Green and Gold etc etc, that differs from 2010.

http://www.ggarmy.com/Brazil2014/MORE-TRAVEL-INFO/Match-Tickets

Unfortunately, FIFA announced in July 2012 that it would not be operating the Official Tour Operator Program for Brazil. What this means is that no tour operator, including GGArmy On Tour, will be able to offer tickets with their travel packages for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.

Any tour operator which purports to offer tickets as part of a tour program is not authorised to do so, and we warn you of the risks of purchasing tickets from unauthorised travel operators. We are disappointed that we will not be able to provide you with a ticketing service.
Damn that sucks! No point going on a tour then.

Would love to go... Pretty sure the missus will red light it instantly... Would love to try get to even just the 1st group match.

Will cost an arm and a leg as well

I'm Ok with the boozy tour though..I'd be away from the boss and the kid.. It would be awesome

Was on the Fanatics tour in '06 as it was the only FFA accredited tour group that guaranteed tickets at the time i booked. Was in the hotel group but can verify the campers story from a few posts above. If I remember correctly happened the night of or before the Munich game against Brazil.

Their organisation in 06 had a lot to be desired for with group leaders consisting of ex-pat London based Aussies that were out of their depth and were in it for the free holiday for themselves.

Also went to South Africa. Love to make it three, but with a one year old will be a difficult sell to the wife

Whilst I'm not sticking up for the Fanatics an god forbid I ever give them money again but Australia were the last ones to qualify and they do everything in the last minute and find places that weren't already booked. They seemed to have a better idea in South Africa but then again there was half the demand. Some friends went on the fanatics one in 06 and they were just happy to have tickets despite the bus trips straight after the game so you couldn't celebrate and tour guides that were complete white trash (the Fanatics norm).

I'd love to go... but I won't go on one of these booze-fuelled tour groups operated by self-interested hacks. Does anyone really think that tour groups such as the "Fanatics" are in it for anyone but themselves? (I can't believe people were made to camp on a tour group to South Africa)

The reason I like this thread is that I wouldn't have a clue where to begin organising my own trip that guaranteed tickets to the right games, hotels in the right places etc. I'm a very inexperienced traveller at the best of times without considering the bedlam of organising a world cup.

I guess if it doesn't happen I can at least console myself with the Asian Cup 6 months later...

It was to keep everyone in one secure place basically because South Africans love a good mugging. It sold me on going with them, poor choice in hindsight but fun nonetheless.

I am going, but I have several questions, if anyone wants to help me:

TICKETS
What are the options for getting tickets to games independently i.e free of tour groups, The Fanatics etc?

I’m going with a couple of mates and ideally we’d just like to be able to purchase the tickets, accommodation independently. Has anyone done this?

Anyone know of some good options for buying tickets aside from FIFA?

We’d be willing to pay good money for them, we’re well aware that they won’t come cheap.

TOUR GROUPS

Whilst travelling independently is the preferred option, if tour groups are really the only option, so be it.

Are the Fanatics as bad as I’ve heard about? I’d stay well clear of The Fanatics based on what I’ve heard (bogans, not real fans, annoying, shoddy organisation for tour etc) What are the pros and cons of going with them? Do the Green and Gold Army do them as well – I was a member of the Green and Gold Army a few years back?

Anyone had any experience with any other tour groups other than these two?

Also with the Fanatics, do they just offer camping for the accommodation?

May have more to come, that’s all for the moment.

Thanks in advance

I went to the 06 World Cup through a local travel agent best decision I ever made, I did get a spot on one of the official ones but the old man didn't so we looked elsewhere and was very glad I did.

No way I am getting to Brazil, my little dude will be 18 months old the missus might have something to say about that :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back