World Cup Going to Brazil? (All travel details in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

So now ticket info's out... anyone know if you apply for a Team Specific Ticket 7 (obviously very hard to get) and miss out, will you then be given a TST 3 so you at least get the group games? Typical FIFA document, straight from the muddled brain of Sepp

Another question... Can anyone work out if you can use something other than a Visa credit card to pay for the tickets? I have a Mastercard.

Me and a mate are thinking of applying for the TST 3 tickets.

Never mind. They do say 'other payment methods' are accepted.

Anyone interested in ticketing should have a look through this document - http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tou...9/77/fwc2014-ticket-media-info-en_neutral.pdf

Mile High Tiger, from what I can figure out, once you select a category (eg. TST 7) you are committed to that category. Perhaps though when you choose your category, they offer preferences if you miss out. All will be revealed in August.

I am definitely going but have not booked anything at this stage.

Would really like to get more information in regards to the ballot system like what Mile High and Scorpio are questioning

Anyone know the cheapest option to fly to Brazil? Flights in early June (from Melbourne) look to be around $2000 one way. Does anyone know if its cheaper to fly to Buenos Aires or Santiago then get a connecting flight to Rio?

We have booked some accomodation in Brazil as it seemed to be booking out in front of our eyes, our itinerary so far (based purely on where we could get accomodation) seems to be as follows:

Arrive Floriianopolis on the 12th
Head to Sau Paulo on the 18th till 28th. (Ilhabela from 28th to 30th
Rio from 30th to 2nd
Buziosfrom 2nd to 7th
Finish up in Rio from 7th to 14th.

Now we just need to figure out how the hell the ticket ballot system works as it is confusing the sh!t out of me, gotta try and score some tickets to a few games in sau paulo and rio

Anyone know the cheapest option to fly to Brazil? Flights in early June (from Melbourne) look to be around $2000 one way. Does anyone know if its cheaper to fly to Buenos Aires or Santiago then get a connecting flight to Rio?

Be creative - we're being ripped off here. You'll probably still pay around $3,000 return though. There's cheap flights on Qantas to LA right now and then it's about $1,500 return from there.

I'm using points to get to Rome, then flying Alitalia to Rio $1390 return.

We have booked some accomodation in Brazil as it seemed to be booking out in front of our eyes, our itinerary so far (based purely on where we could get accomodation) seems to be as follows:

Arrive Floriianopolis on the 12th
Head to Sau Paulo on the 18th till 28th. (Ilhabela from 28th to 30th
Rio from 30th to 2nd
Buziosfrom 2nd to 7th
Finish up in Rio from 7th to 14th.

Now we just need to figure out how the hell the ticket ballot system works as it is confusing the sh!t out of me, gotta try and score some tickets to a few games in sau paulo and rio

What's your plan as far as getting to games then and accommodation in those cities?

What's your plan as far as getting to games then and accommodation in those cities?

We have booked accomodation for all those nights in those places already and booked some buses between some of those places, I think some others we will have to wing while we are there. Obviously that itinerary I put up is based just as much around hitting the good party spots (florinapolis, buzios) as it is about hitting some games but we should find a good balance.

It looks like we have from 20th August till October to sort out how this ballot system works, I wonder what the chances are of getting tickets to the quarters/semis/final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My flights ---

I'm a travel agent so I've been trying to figure out the best.

About $3400 & I'm getting Europe in there as well as full velocity FF points & status credits with Singapore Airlines. (I'll be silver by then so I'll get additional loading and that should fund my a-league away trips the following season).

1. SQ 228 H 04JUN MELSIN HK1 1545 2145 O* E WE
2. SQ 68 H 05JUN SINBCN HK1 0110 0840 O* E TH
3. SQ 68 H 07JUN BCNGRU HK1 1000 1610 O* E SA
4. SQ 67 H 03JUL GRUBCN HK1 1740 #0905 O* E TH

6. SQ 391 H 28JUL ISTSIN HK1 1330 #0505 O* E MO
7. SQ 207 H 29JUL SINMEL HK1 0745 1705 O* E TU

BCN= barcelona; GRU= sao paulo; IST= Istanbul.

Then I'm doing the GG Army follow Australia package - guarantees me to have accom. in Australia's cities for games as trying to organised that after the draw will be almost impossible/more expensive.

PS - Bear in mind LAX to RIO is 14 hours so even if you find cheap flights to LA it might not work out the cheapest.

My flights ---

I'm a travel agent so I've been trying to figure out the best.

About $3400 & I'm getting Europe in there as well as full velocity FF points & status credits with Singapore Airlines. (I'll be silver by then so I'll get additional loading and that should fund my a-league away trips the following season).

1. SQ 228 H 04JUN MELSIN HK1 1545 2145 O* E WE
2. SQ 68 H 05JUN SINBCN HK1 0110 0840 O* E TH
3. SQ 68 H 07JUN BCNGRU HK1 1000 1610 O* E SA
4. SQ 67 H 03JUL GRUBCN HK1 1740 #0905 O* E TH

6. SQ 391 H 28JUL ISTSIN HK1 1330 #0505 O* E MO
7. SQ 207 H 29JUL SINMEL HK1 0745 1705 O* E TU

BCN= barcelona; GRU= sao paulo; IST= Istanbul.

Then I'm doing the GG Army follow Australia package - guarantees me to have accom. in Australia's cities for games as trying to organised that after the draw will be almost impossible/more expensive.

PS - Bear in mind LAX to RIO is 14 hours so even if you find cheap flights to LA it might not work out the cheapest.

The pricing of these tours is a f***ing joke. $466 a day for a hotel room, transfers and the odd function?
I'm not touching them and I've sorted out my flights and accomm already for the later part of the tournament.

We have booked accomodation for all those nights in those places already and booked some buses between some of those places, I think some others we will have to wing while we are there. Obviously that itinerary I put up is based just as much around hitting the good party spots (florinapolis, buzios) as it is about hitting some games but we should find a good balance.

It looks like we have from 20th August till October to sort out how this ballot system works, I wonder what the chances are of getting tickets to the quarters/semis/final

I wonder that about those games as well. I think if you try for a team specific ticket there's a good chance of getting the first four games. The last three will need a lot of luck.

I read today that 1 in 7 people who applied for tickets in South Africa were successful. FIFA director expects there to be a higher demand in Brazil. I was chatting to a mate who reckons applying for team tickets for the poorer countries such as Ivory Coast, Nigeria would be a smart bet as they would be likely to have less travelling support. They're guaranteed to be grouped with a powerhouse like Spain, Brazil, Germany etc. I'd rather see Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo live than the Socceroos three times.

My flights ---

Yea we won't be flying from LAX to RIO though as we are doing a few months around South America starting from the top (Cancun) and working our way down to Sau Paulo for the first games, but i see your point yeah.

I'm not overly fussed about seeing the Socceroos play, just being in Brazil during the World Cup will be sweet enough.
I want to spend 2 months travelling around South america before ending with the cup and my plan was to fly to Manaus which has 3 group games, including 1 seeded team. In between the games I could head off on some tours into the Amazon.

I know its a bit off topic but can anyone tell me their strategy for applying for tickets? I read the other day that Australia is in the top 10 most demanded.

Just applied for my tickets.
Match 19 B1 vs B3 Rio, June 18
Match 30 G4 vs G2 Manaus, June 22
Match 42 E2 vs E3 Rio, June 25

Went with Cat 1 for all 3 with the option to slide down if they are all gone. Rio games were high demand for all categories, Manaus was Low for all 3

Just applied for my tickets.
Match 19 B1 vs B3 Rio, June 18
Match 30 G4 vs G2 Manaus, June 22
Match 42 E2 vs E3 Rio, June 25

Went with Cat 1 for all 3 with the option to slide down if they are all gone. Rio games were high demand for all categories, Manaus was Low for all 3

Do you mind providing some more detail about the process? Is it really specific what you apply for or is there flexibility? As an example, could I apply for the Follow Your Team option where you get tickets to the final (as in you keep following the winner of the games you see), and then if I don't get that, I can still get just a standard Group state Follow Your Team package? A bit like your 'option to slide down' if all Cat 1 tickets go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back