World Cup Going to Brazil? (All travel details in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
We have a group of 8 of us so we split into 2 groups of 4 and all applied for 5 individual matches (including the final) and then applied for Cat 1 and 4 tickets for each. Hopefully increase our chances having 8 names in the Ballot. Also means if by some mircale we actually get 4 tickets to all 5 games we need a lazy 7 grand in our account, each.

all 8 of us unsuccesful. how unlucky is that.

balls

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm sort of toying with the el cheapo (and probably more comfortable) option of just being 'in South America' when the World Cup is on. I'd probably try to get to Brazil for a few days and somehow get to a game or two, but to be honest, I reckon it would be pretty savvy time to visit a lot of the other countries on my 'to do' list (especially the ones that are in the World Cup themselves). It would be pretty crazy to be in Buenos Aires when an Argentina game is on, or Santiago for a Chile game, for example (hopefully they're not matched up against the Aussies) and I'm sure I'd head home with some good stories. Haven't really done any research and I'm guessing flights anywhere on the continent will be expensive by now, but that's probably what I'd consider doing.

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yea you're right the whole of South America will be buzzing. We are travelling majority of South America from February onwards and arriving in Brazil for the World Cup.

Cheers MHT, no doubt we will all be sitting at computers eagerly refreshing on Monday night. From reading that Big Soccer forum it seems like not all the tickets are avaialble when the FCFS Phase actually starts but they are more released slowly at any random time during that phase so I think we will just have to keep a look out.

I'm sure the FIFA site will crash Monday night aswell as soon as it starts.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
I'm sort of toying with the el cheapo (and probably more comfortable) option of just being 'in South America' when the World Cup is on. I'd probably try to get to Brazil for a few days and somehow get to a game or two, but to be honest, I reckon it would be pretty savvy time to visit a lot of the other countries on my 'to do' list (especially the ones that are in the World Cup themselves). It would be pretty crazy to be in Buenos Aires when an Argentina game is on, or Santiago for a Chile game, for example (hopefully they're not matched up against the Aussies) and I'm sure I'd head home with some good stories. Haven't really done any research and I'm guessing flights anywhere on the continent will be expensive by now, but that's probably what I'd consider doing.

That's what I'm doing.
Doing a 60 day tour through Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
Leave on Good Friday and arrive in Rio the day before the first match I'm attending.
Cup starts after I've already crossed into Brazil

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Our TST4 Cat3 application confirmed unsuccessful.

How do you know what time the First Come First Served ticket phase goes on sale? And do TST ticket go on sale for that phase too?

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
My GF and my TST4 Cat 1 tickets confirmed unsuccessful! Disappointed, but life goes on.

To be honest, I was finding it hard to fit in a wedding before we left, and it was looking like being freaking expensive. So Move on with life, and get a round the world ticket for significantly less than a return flight to Brazil.

Oh, and I was lucky enough to be at South Africa, so I am OK with missing this one!

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Our TST4 Cat3 application confirmed unsuccessful.

How do you know what time the First Come First Served ticket phase goes on sale? And do TST ticket go on sale for that phase too?

It's this Monday (11th November) and I have worked it out to be 7pm Perth Time so correct me if I'm wrong but that will be 10pm EST

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That's what I'm doing.
Doing a 60 day tour through Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
Leave on Good Friday and arrive in Rio the day before the first match I'm attending.
Cup starts after I've already crossed into Brazil

Sounds wicked man. I can't wait for Machu Pichu and also Carnivale in Colombia should be sweet.

celtic67

Senior List
Feb 25, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Myself and 2 friends found out yesterday we got 4 Venue Series tickets to Belo Horizonte.

Rio would've been amazing but likelihood so low and Socceroos tickets could work out so costly in travel expensives.

We chose Belo Horizonte because of the 4 group matches they host 3 of them are top-seeded teams. Hoping for Spain, Germany and Argentina!

Has anyone got a good site for accommodation. I've read to avoid hostels. Apartments seem to be the way to go...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
Myself and 2 friends found out yesterday we got 4 Venue Series tickets to Belo Horizonte.

Rio would've been amazing but likelihood so low and Socceroos tickets could work out so costly in travel expensives.

We chose Belo Horizonte because of the 4 group matches they host 3 of them are top-seeded teams. Hoping for Spain, Germany and Argentina!

Has anyone got a good site for accommodation. I've read to avoid hostels. Apartments seem to be the way to go...

Even though their ads can be a pain in the ass i've always found booking.com the best

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
just over just over 5 and a half hours away until the First Come First Serve sales phase starts, does anyone have a game plan / strategy. I think my friends and I are going to try and get our hands on a VST for the Sao Paulo games or manually try and buy tickets for those games. I've been working off this chart which seems to be changing every day http://fwctickets.fifa.com/avademchart.aspx

MrPenguin

Senior List
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
So my mate came over and we had a massive plan that involved the first game in Rio, then Sao Paulo then Curitiba. We then wanted to chill in Florianopolis for about 5 nights before me and my wife bus to Argentina whilst my mate and his wife fly back to Rio then home.

Well, we sat on the loading screen for about 40 minutes until I decided to check twitter. The first tweet I saw said don't bother waiting in the queue, just hit f5. We did and I was automatically in.

Most of the games were taken. We were fuming. We ended up getting our first game in Belo Horizonte, only a few hours from Rio. That was a quick decision.

We then targeted a game in Curitiba with the plan of then going to Florianopolis and seeing what happens after that. Only booking two games in all.

We ended up booking a game in fkning CUIABA by mistake!!!!! We were laughing so hard as we just dropped 4 x class 1 tickets on the other side of the *ing country. We quickly decided to go see a third game in Brasilia only two days later as it's just down the road :p

We then fly to Sao Paolo, bus down to Florianopolos for chillax times. Whilst there we can either try to poach a game in Curitiba on the 25th of Porto Alegre on the 26th.

Very very happy, get to see the whole country and don't have to worry about paying high prices for resold tickets. Most of all I can't wait to relax in Florianopolis as i heard it's amazing. Brand new stadium in Brasilia as well :)

HERE WE COME!

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Got in an there was constantly Aussie TST tickets for sale but when I went to book them it said sold out. This happened about 10 times. I don't like FIFA.

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Got in an there was constantly Aussie TST tickets for sale but when I went to book them it said sold out. This happened about 10 times. I don't like FIFA.

It was doing this for everything I tried to purchase.
The whole refresh thing really pissed me off, we didn't end up getting through the queue until about an hour and a half after it opened.

Managed to snap up 2x Belo Horizonte games and 1x Curitiba so I guess not too bad.

I still think there will be more opportunities to get tickets to better games (i.e. RIO & SP where we have actually already booked accomodation haha... live and learn i suppose) when the draw is released and people start re-selling back double ups and countries that haven't qualified etc

Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to keep checking over these next two/three weeks? some tickets do seem to just pop up every now and then

C_Turn

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It was doing this for everything I tried to purchase.
The whole refresh thing really pissed me off, we didn't end up getting through the queue until about an hour and a half after it opened.

Managed to snap up 2x Belo Horizonte games and 1x Curitiba so I guess not too bad.

I still think there will be more opportunities to get tickets to better games (i.e. RIO & SP where we have actually already booked accomodation haha... live and learn i suppose) when the draw is released and people start re-selling back double ups and countries that haven't qualified etc

Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to keep checking over these next two/three weeks? some tickets do seem to just pop up every now and then

Ooops we also got Cuiaba instead of Curitiba. hahaha looks like we are going cross country.

I was unsuccessful the first time. I will have another crack for AUS tickets after the main draw. ******* frustrating system FIFA adopted.

Back