World Cup Going to Brazil? (All travel details in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the first place it's still affordable. We didn't get Manuas so that saves a hell of a lot of money. I think/hope it'll be around $8500-$9000 all up.

I'm fully booked as of today. 8 internal flights, accommodation and a 7 game ticket. I've spent just under $10,000 but I'm away for 38 days. Now to save up spending money...

No tickets for me so I'm out. First World Cup I've missed since 2002. :( Just cursed with everything from mates pulling out to being laid off. Still have my flights booked so will get to South America in some way in the next 12 months.

The great things is I'll get to sit on here and police all the idiots that'll come on to the Ass. Football board during the tournament though :drunk:

Two mates and I got a result - applied for Cat 1 and received Cat 2 tickets to all three Socceroo matches.
Well, we appear to have anyway, with the pma site showing that our ticket purchase was successful.

However - for a few weeks now, a note has appeared that says "Delivery fee has been submitted for payment. The amount is $41."
I assume that others have the same thing too? Any ideas / confirmation would be appreciated.

Was a shame we weren't aware you could apply for other matches then as well! Doh! Will need to do some serious review work to see what other games would be ideal....working around the Aussies and the travel plans in between.

Yeah we did - cheers! I haven't sighted an email from anyone to say that we have been successful, as we were supposed to (I think)...
Money has been taken from the card (except that damn delivery charge) so I guess we are good...

Do you need the tickets to complete the free visa application for Brazil?

Yeah we did - cheers! I haven't sighted an email from anyone to say that we have been successful, as we were supposed to (I think)...
Money has been taken from the card (except that damn delivery charge) so I guess we are good...

Do you need the tickets to complete the free visa application for Brazil?

You just need a confirmation message from FIFA. My friend bought our tickets so I got him to email me a screenshot of his confirmation message which had my name as one of the "Guests". I printed that off, highlighted my name and sent that with my passport, as well as visa application form to the Brazil embassy in Canberra last week.

I'm looking for 3 x tickets, any category, to these matches:

G11 - Argentina vs Bosnia (Rio)
G23 - Uruguay vs England (Sao Paulo)
G49 - Rd 16 1A vs 2B (Belo Horizonte)
G50 - Rd 16 1C vs 2D (Rio)

Miracles do happen, so I hope someone may be able to help....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone had any dramas with getting a visa from the embassy? I sent in everything required and yet they say they're returning it because there's no ticket proof submitted...

I'm looking for World Cup final tickets. Plenty of re-sellers on the net but prices are all over the place. Suspect some of the cheaper ones are probably scams. Any advice or is anyone looking to sell?

Got my visa, pretty pumped.

Also next week last chance to get tickets too

I've got to get a couple Brazil visa applications away for my mates this week. I'm confident it will be smooth sailing and will happen quickly once posted.
We're going via LA and Mexico, and we have got everything sorted for that transit stop in LA.

I've got the 'ole Dutch Passport...smooth sailing for me!

Hope the tickets aren't as painful to watch slip through my fingers as last purchase period...

And shots...as in immunisation shots. Who has got what?

I've got to get a couple Brazil visa applications away for my mates this week. I'm confident it will be smooth sailing and will happen quickly once posted.
We're going via LA and Mexico, and we have got everything sorted for that transit stop in LA.

I've got the 'ole Dutch Passport...smooth sailing for me!

Hope the tickets aren't as painful to watch slip through my fingers as last purchase period...

And shots...as in immunisation shots. Who has got what?

Just got tickets to see the French play..... Honduras

Going to get a yellow fever shot as I'm seeing more of South America. Not sure what else I need to get though

So I've got tickets to 2 matches (France vs Honduras and Australia vs Netherlands)

I also tried to sell one of my tickets back (germany vs ghana) but they said I couldnt :s not sure why, I didnt ask them to be delivered.

What does everyone else have? Also what are the best options of getting around? Ive got to get to rio from porto alegre and the get to sao paulo from rio (flight leaves from sao paulo).

I'm pretty much sorted now - just gotta get my shots & I'm sweet.

Tickets to 6 matches which I'm stoked about -
*Aus v Chile (Cuiaba)
*Aus v Holland (Porto Alegre)
*Aus v Spain (Curitiba)
*Belgium v Sth Korea (Sao Paulo)
*A2 v B1 (Fortaleza)
*H1 v G2 (Salvador)

Just over a month to go!

I've got tickets to 5 games in Rio

-Argentina v Bosnia
-Spain v Chile
-Belgium v Russia
-Ecuador v France

And 1C v 2D

Looking forward to Spain v Chile especially.

Got an apartment 3 others and myself are renting in Copacabana for 3 weeks we are there so should be awesome!

By the way has anyone taken up any Portugese? We are travelling to other South American countries after so we need some Spanish too.....have never been to SA so unsure whether many people can speak English????

I've got tickets to 5 games in Rio

-Argentina v Bosnia
-Spain v Chile
-Belgium v Russia
-Ecuador v France

And 1C v 2D

Looking forward to Spain v Chile especially.

Got an apartment 3 others and myself are renting in Copacabana for 3 weeks we are there so should be awesome!

By the way has anyone taken up any Portugese? We are travelling to other South American countries after so we need some Spanish too.....have never been to SA so unsure whether many people can speak English????

I've been in Peru now for 2 and a bit weeks and knowing some Spanish definitely helps if you'll be by yourself
I'm on a tour so I've got the tour manager to help out and until today we had an English girl who lives in Spain

Like most places though the more touristy the more people will speak at least a little English

Remove this Banner Ad

Back