Resource Going to Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm apparently travelling to watch the Crows play for the first time, round 2 against Collingwood at the G Etihad.

My question is where is the best place to get GA tickets, ie what end? And is it really as close to sold out as Ticketmaster says it is or do they have unreleased tickets?

Last edited:

Basically it seems like my choice is behind the goals at the Lockett end, or nosebleed seats on the wing

For the games I've been to at Etihad the closer to the game you look for seats the better they become. By that I mean they release the "better" sections the week leading into the game from my experience.
If you try and book now the only sections they have are those you mentioned, think they try and disperse the crowd as much as possible.

From memory I always bought my tickets on the Monday or Tuesday and had good seats on the second tier, not sure about it being a sell out...I doubt it would be though.

I'll eat my hat if this game sells out - It's the Crows and it's a home and away game in Melbourne.

Granted I've never tried buying 'better' tickets and have always got the GA level 3 nosebleed tix, but I kinda like it up there...

I've only ever bought tickets at the gate in Melbourne (excluding finals and Kardinia Park... which isn't Melbourne anyway)

should get 40k to the game i would have thought. collingwood games are generally well attended

last 2 games in melb have attracted 55k on a friday night and 41k on sunday twilight

It's a Collingwood game during school holidays, it's going to sell out
not here it's not.. (well technically its the last weekend of the school hols here)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been to zillions of games there and always just bought tickets on the day. There's usually decent seats available on the top deck, especially if you're on your own. Pies will fill up a lot of it, although I doubt it'd be a sell out. Nevertheless, I might pre-purchase one for this, given it's Collingwood.

Last year I had to pay extra at Docklands on top of my member's card. $8 or something? I can't remember who that was against though. Essendon? I was pretty outraged.

I'm not on my own, I'll be in a group of 3 or 4 so need the seats all together.

I've heard it's like watching ants from the top tier though?
The front of the top tier is quite good especially on the wing. The nose bleed seats at the back are quite high up - still better than the equivalent seats at the G. Not really a bad seat in the house but level 2 is amazing - and expensive.

I like watching cricket at ground level and footy from above, so I don't mind the upper deck. I always try to sit at the front of it though. I think the view from there is good - better than the MCG. If I'm super-keen, I'll get there an hour early. The ground's always empty then and you can take your pick of GA seats in the top tier.

Pick of the seats? Everything I read tells me a Collingwood game is going to be assigned seats only, no free choice
Not assigned seats. Cheer squad was notified it wouldn't be when the seats went on sale a couple weeks ago

Get the ones at the front of Level 3. It's actually my favourite place to sit in the entire stadium (the only place I haven't sat is level 2 on centre wing which is probably amazing but s**t it's pricey). Fantastic view. You feel a lot closer than top tiers of other grounds.

On a side note, I am also going over for the game and have already purchased tickets in row c of Level 3. $32 is actually really good value IMO. Paid the extra to sit in Level 1 last time I went to Etihad and didn't like the view at all. As always though, there's probably a bit less atmosphere the higher up you get and the opposition players can't hear you insulting their mothers, so whatever floats your boat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back