Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - S17 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of big weeks, its Easty 100th in rd 3ish
It's my 69th in round 7. Hopefully I have a downer in round 6, then you'll see a reversal in form. Mark me down for 3 votes.

Igloo might have tricked encouraged someone into joining us.

This guy is basically a Mitch Honeychurch fan club and I'm confident most of you who know who that is as half of you support the dogs or wish you did :p

NathanMJ_WB54 is going to have a look around and might be lining up with us for the lighting expansion cup in a few weeks. Which is a great chance for us to get a few people trying out qooty but still winning because ...probability suggests we are due.

So who's winning the flag guys?

I'm tipping the Dragons. There's a lot of blokes there that have endured years of heartbreak and I hope that they can finally grab that elusive cup.

I've got to support my old club - The Wonders know how to win, they are a bunch of jerks like that.

I also suspect they are a lot like Geelong in the AFL. Premierships every 2nd year. They lost a League BnF Ruck Rover to an expansion club.. With 'Gold' in the name.

So who's winning the flag guys?

I'm tipping the Dragons. There's a lot of blokes there that have endured years of heartbreak and I hope that they can finally grab that elusive cup.
I'm hoping the Dragons win, merely for the fact that I was almost a Gumby mid season 16 and they won the flag. Moved from the Dragons and then they win the flag, it would seem I'm almost cursed. Lucky for me I've just found a remedy and the Royals in season 18 are in good hands.
I also suspect they are a lot like Geelong in the AFL. Premierships every 2nd year. They lost a League BnF Ruck Rover to an expansion club.. With 'Gold' in the name.
Geelong have now moved to every 3 years.;)

Gentlemen and Gentlemen !

BnF is next Sunday the 11th of May at the majestic gardens.

Fresh boar on a spit to be served and a beheading for entertainment.

The count will be hosted by new league admin okeydoke7 and myself. With assistance from Son of God and captain fun The Reaper

All drinks will be served in jewelled goblets.

bomberlegend2007
Easty
The Old Dark Navy's
Igloo
Marlowe
NathanMJ_WB54
VitalDread
Continstar
5 GB USB
Noobz0r
Pogba
Dirty Bird
Bipolarbear
Power Raid
Uncle_Leo
Fitzey
Dannnnnnnnnn
Tommycash
Skippos

Of course you can come pal. Id love to see you there.

Tickets for fans are $195. Or you can book a table of 8 for just 9 times that amount.

Deal, as long as you take out a Furies subscription to "Leather, it's not just for qootballs" ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Best and... well we say Fairest but there won't be anything resembling fair for this count, will start around 6pm this Sunday.

Bring your reading glasses. This is more than just a vote count.

Okey and I have done the votes but we have no idea who the winner is and won't know till the night.

The format is 5 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 for each round, maximum of 10 votes for the BOG. What madness is this you ask? Okey and I have each done a 54321 each for every round and we will total it up on the night. It helps with corruption, so I'll have no questions asked when I win.

There will also be club awards and maybe some sort of announcement

Do you have an account with WGSbet.com? If so let me know when you place the bet.

I probably won't even rig the awards.

Again.
Of course I do. Thought it was strange that I had to give a $1,000 donation to the unnamed charity of your choice, but nonetheless I put $250 on myself to get zero votes at $1.05.

It was a great, safe, wise bet.

Do you have an account with WGSbet.com? If so let me know when you place the bet.

I probably won't even rig the awards.

Again.

S17 Rd 19 Lavender Town vs Gold City
Pokemon Tower, Lavender Town
16th March 2014
Conditions - Warm

Gold City Royals
FB: Skippos cross#4 Continstar
HB: Tommycash Wise Guy Sam 5 GB USB
C: VitalDread Easty Bipolarbear
HF: The Old Dark Navy's Dirty Bird The Reaper
FF: Power Raid okeydoke7 Fitzey
Foll:Marlowe MD Igloo
I/C: KeilorUnder9s COHL

With finals an impossibility for these two teams, there was little media interest. Even the punters were disinterested by the lack of underscores. As per usual, matches involving the Ghosts can only be watched with Silph Scope so interest was reduced even further.

Cubone won the ruck contest early and slammed the ball forward where it was marked by Wise Guy Sam. Like a Kadabra on speed, WGS tore through Pokemon Tower and kicked an early goal. A Royal avalanche ensured with The Reaper showing his downhill skiing abilities with a hattrick of goals for the quarter. The 6.0 to 0.1 score at the break was set up by Wise Guy Sam at centre half back. Garys Dead Ratticate scoring a solitary behind after the siren. Interestingly everyone in contention for the Royals best and best played a s**t game and barely touched the ball.

Things turned even worse for the Ghosts as they got burnt like an online version of Dresden, leaving them hoping for a burn heal. Wise Guy Sam led the way from defences, really dominating @Cubone's Dead Mother. The Reaper kicked a further 5 goals to start the quarter. @Zubat was everywhere for the ghosts and after a strong hazing managed to kick a goal to prevent a goalless half. Royals by 68 at the main break. Again the main best and best contenders played like complete dogs.

okeydoke7 got confused early in the third and attacked himself in his own confusion, scoring 5 goals for the Ghosts (which were subtracted from his goal tally for the year) as Lavender Town Syndrome struck. Wise Guy Sam took it on himself to end the rebellion and blanketed Okey. The Reaper finished the quarter with yet another 5 goals.

Prince George emptied out the Royals forward 50 with The Reaper to be the sole forward. Flooding the midfield worked with The Reaper kicking enough goals to overtake okey in the _ Medal stakes. Royals ran out 299 point winners. To support Marlowe's gambling debts it was decided that the Royals and the Ghosts would play as many games as needed. All matches of course would be included in best and best votes

LTGhosts 6.1 (37)
GCRoyals 56.0 (336)

Best and Best Votes
10. Wise Guy
8. The Reaper
6. KeilorUnder9s
4. COHL
2. Continstar

Last edited:
Of course I do. Thought it was strange that I had to give a $1,000 donation to the unnamed charity of your choice, but nonetheless I put $250 on myself to get zero votes at $1.05.

It was a great, safe, wise bet.

Looks like things call for Round 20. 3rd May, 2014

Gold City vs Lavender Town

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back