Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 18 Team Thread

I couldn't care less about it. I won't even get nominated is the leadership group thinks others are more worthy.

I play for the Bears and not the pantskyles.

I'm well aware of the criteria biscuit.
Lol.

I resent this title. Can't you just call me "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"?

One other thing, what the **** happened in round 3? Every other thread hovers around the 170-230 mark, and round 3 was 460. Were the Warriors really spammy or something? Because they weren't when I played them.

Yes, they were very, very spammy early on. But so were the Furies, Gumbies, Bears, Bandits (or mostly just Beng) and the Dragons. www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/fantasy-footy-league.30/page-4?prefix_id=202

Look at some of those insane posting totals. They are enough to drive a man insane and make him do things like try to read every single one of those posts.

You forgot the Swamprats.

That thread still keeps me up at night.

I was talking about this season, where the Swamprats have tempered somewhat, having drastically removed themselves from the 'Spamrats' days of yore. Although, yes, that thread was... something else, but I look back with Noel Gallagher's rose-coloured glasses, and a little bit of me has come to cherish that thread and appreciate it for all that it was.

For one, I attribute that game to forming me into the God-like posting figure I am today, essentially, that was my coming out party. I was a very raw and hesitant match thread poster before that, I rarely went past ten posts to that point, then I exploded for 70+. Sure, most, if not all, of it was drivel, but that thread helped me realise my potential and it has reminded every week since of how not to post.

It's also still the third-longest thread in Sweet FA history, which is something I take a small portion of pride in as well. The only bigger threads include the S17 grand final, and a thread from this season, but if you were to take into account the level of spam today, and compare that to S16, I am sure that Spamrats thread, on some adjusted metric, would take the cake as the true spammiest thread of all-time... except for that one thread from, like, season 9 that went for 5 pages. It really was a thread before its time; a record-breaking, trend-setting piece of crap. The Rosa Parks of bad match threads. Yeah, how time's have changed... [looks out the window at a Furies v. Gumbies thread and vomits in disgust]

The best and fairest votes are being counted a little differently this season between Marlowe and myself. The 5-1 each round remains the same, with the format being voted upon by both the captains. In essence, the maximum votes a player can receive each round is 10. That's where the similarities end.

One of your captains has voted 5-1 according to sim performance, while the other has used the sim/posting as a guide to award votes, so in effect you may have had a stellar round on the field, but your lack of posting effort may have held you back.

Those who have nominated to do reviews will shortly be given a round to complete, with the full list posted in here to give you ample time to complete the task by the time our count rolls around on the 23rd of November.

Who will take home Easty?

Wait, we get Easty as our prize?

Now I don't want to win. I was no chance anyway, but that's irrelevant.
I have a nice shiny Easty hanging on my lounge room wall.;)

Darn, our Kansas City affiliated baseball club lost the World Series. The curse of the Royals stretches far and wide.

Can't say I really care about baseball but if they are called the Royals, it's enough reason to barrack for them I guess.

They have had a very rough time, akin to the Dogs, Dees and Saints. This year was the Royals' first trip to the post-season in nearly 30 years. The parallels are uncanny.

Try following Geelong from 81-2006.
You are not about to compare following Geelong to following the Bulldogs, Melbourne or St. Kilda are you? Come on Soggy.

You are not about to compare following Geelong to following the Bulldogs, Melbourne or St. Kilda are you? Come on Soggy.
You get my point though....which is, I feel your pain.

Back